Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Author Message
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
Any ride reports on a v2 with megneg? Curious to hear about it before I test it out.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
Any ride reports on a v2 with megneg? Curious to hear about it before I test it out.

I just posted an in depth start to my MegNeg testing on my V2 in the SRAM thread! Some one else chimed in as well, who has one too.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
eriv wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
Any ride reports on a v2 with megneg? Curious to hear about it before I test it out.

I just posted an in depth start to my MegNeg testing on my V2 in the SRAM thread! Some one else chimed in as well, who has one too.

Found it and followed, thanks! Hoping it can bring me closer to the feel of the coil I’m running without the weight penalty

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
Megneg is an interesting topic. Some people love em and some dont lol

I asked transition and they advised against it.

Also i asked cascade components and they advised against it due to something about rebound characterizes.

And looking at the sentinel megneg users you are 150#ish.. i have read some saying megnegs aren't good for heavier people? Im like 205ish on the bike..

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Branny21 wrote:
Megneg is an interesting topic. Some people love em and some dont lol

I asked transition and they advised against it.

Also i asked cascade components and they advised against it due to something about rebound characterizes.

And looking at the sentinel megneg users you are 150#ish.. i have read some saying megnegs aren't good for heavier people? Im like 205ish on the bike..

I’m in the same boat, 230ish and have heard the same things you have. One of us may have to be a guinea pig!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
Branny21 wrote:


I asked transition and they advised against it..

I think you found your answer here...they know the frame and it’s kinematics better than anyone!

Yeah, the Enduro-mag review was not the greatest...making it sound like the bike is not great on rough descents? Maybe a coil would change that!?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Branny21 wrote:


I asked transition and they advised against it..

I think you found your answer here...they know the frame and it’s kinematics better than anyone!

Yeah, the Enduro-mag review was not the greatest...making it sound like the bike is not great on rough descents? Maybe a coil would change that!?

According to a pro mountain bike athlete,well known on Transition community and owner of a sentinel v2,when i asked him about that , "the review screams a poorly set up bike" were his exact words

Plus that after 2 Capras with X2 at the rear i used to had (1st gen and a 29er) ,it takes a lot of time to find out the best settings,but when you do,its a hell of rear shock to have

Now,was that a poor set up fault?Is the bike really not that good on rough descents?Is the coil the answer?Are we not objective with the truth because in our minds,we need to justify our purchase as the right/best one?

Honestly i dont know....i guess i'll find out when mine arrives,and start riding it

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:
Branny21 wrote:


I asked transition and they advised against it..

I think you found your answer here...they know the frame and it’s kinematics better than anyone!

Yeah, the Enduro-mag review was not the greatest...making it sound like the bike is not great on rough descents? Maybe a coil would change that!?

According to a pro mountain bike athlete,well known on Transition community and owner of a sentinel v2,when i asked him about that , "the review screams a poorly set up bike" were his exact words

Plus that after 2 Capras with X2 at the rear i used to had (1st gen and a 29er) ,it takes a lot of time to find out the best settings,but when you do,its a hell of rear shock to have

Now,was that a poor set up fault?Is the bike really not that good on rough descents?Is the coil the answer?Are we not objective with the truth because in our minds,we need to justify our purchase as the right/best one?

Honestly i dont know....i guess i'll find out when mine arrives,and start riding it

Yup, my thoughts as well! My frame arrives tomorrow hopefully so I will see for myself! Find it hard to believe a bike with this geo, would not be good going down and over rough stuff!? A better Grip2 fork of RS Ultimate probably would have helped marginally. Certainly that review in comparison to others I’ve read and seen on YouTube, is the first “under-par”.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
The v2 is an incredible machine and your purchases will be justified when you sling your leg over your steed.

As someone who ran an x2 and the super deluxe I prefer the super deluxe. The x2 was the 2020 version the first batch of sentinels came with, not the new and improved 2021 version so take that with a grain of salt.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
“The rear end of the Sentinel barely uses its travel. As a result, the bike generates little traction and has to be ridden actively.“

Haha! Copy and pasted the above quote from the enduromag article. Where they running 15% sag??? Cranked the compression all the way in?

I’m running 30% sag and the suspension feels very active when heading DH. Posted it before but I use all my rear travel on every ride!

I have the RS deluxe which is a lot easier to setup but I can’t imagine the X2 is that hard to get in the general ballpark for a bike review...

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Hey guys
V1 sentinel here
I have a problem on my rocker link and I ll need a new one. The aluminum ring ( sorry, can’t explain it better in English) where the bearing is inserted has detached from the carbon. Does anyone know how much Transition is asking for this part? To compare with the cascade link option, if it’s close enough I might buy the CC.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Hey guys
V1 sentinel here
I have a problem on my rocker link and I ll need a new one. The aluminum ring ( sorry, can’t explain it better in English) where the bearing is inserted has detached from the carbon. Does anyone know how much Transition is asking for this part? To compare with the cascade link option, if it’s close enough I might buy the CC.

Visit transitions website, they list replacement part + cost for each bike. It sounds like this is just an aluminum enduro max bearing cover and should only run $10

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Pyres wrote:
Hey guys
V1 sentinel here
I have a problem on my rocker link and I ll need a new one. The aluminum ring ( sorry, can’t explain it better in English) where the bearing is inserted has detached from the carbon. Does anyone know how much Transition is asking for this part? To compare with the cascade link option, if it’s close enough I might buy the CC.

Visit transitions website, they list replacement part + cost for each bike. It sounds like this is just an aluminum enduro max bearing cover and should only run $10

I wish it was that cover
Thanks anyway for your help

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Pyres wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Pyres wrote:
Hey guys
V1 sentinel here
I have a problem on my rocker link and I ll need a new one. The aluminum ring ( sorry, can’t explain it better in English) where the bearing is inserted has detached from the carbon. Does anyone know how much Transition is asking for this part? To compare with the cascade link option, if it’s close enough I might buy the CC.

Visit transitions website, they list replacement part + cost for each bike. It sounds like this is just an aluminum enduro max bearing cover and should only run $10

I wish it was that cover
Thanks anyway for your help

I recommend reaching out to transition. Sounds like a warranty issue to me. Check with them to see what your options are.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005789
Mobile Version of Website