Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Author Message
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
Anyone run upgraded shock besides dpx2 on their bikes? How is it if so?

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Anyone run upgraded shock besides dpx2 on their bikes? How is it if so?

I just did my first ride on a Fox Float X2, it isn't dialed in yet. The swap to the X2 has made a world of difference in the grip and descending. The Float X2 doesn't pedal as efficiently (used climb switch), but has way more grip for me while pedaling up technical climbs. with the DPX2 the fork outperformed the rear and know it's the opposite.

I struggled with harshness on the DPX2 when I had enough support for chassis stability.

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 16:45 Quote
Mtenure wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
Anyone run upgraded shock besides dpx2 on their bikes? How is it if so?

I just did my first ride on a Fox Float X2, it isn't dialed in yet. The swap to the X2 has made a world of difference in the grip and descending. The Float X2 doesn't pedal as efficiently (used climb switch), but has way more grip for me while pedaling up technical climbs. with the DPX2 the fork outperformed the rear and know it's the opposite.

I struggled with harshness on the DPX2 when I had enough support for chassis stability.

Sounds awesome so far. When I run the dpx2 with the recommended 30% sag, the bike rides too low and wallows. Feels fast with 22-25, but can be choppy at times. Good Info

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 7:16 Quote
I'm selling my 2017 medium alu sentinel frame. Bought before the carbon one came out and the carbon lust has become too strong to ignore. Comes with Hope chain guide.

Invisiframed all over, in great condition apart from some chainstay dings. Have the box and all the original packaging.

For extra cash, I will also sell the DHX2 I have had custom built for it. Mega for trail riding.

If anyone is interested holla at me.

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 19:00 Quote
crustpizza wrote:
modjoe23 wrote:
Also have a squeak from the rear shock area going over bumps, anyone else have this?

Mine squeaks as well. Haven't checked if the bottom bracket needs lube, but it seems like it's the shock. Does this mean it needs to be rebuilt?

Have you fix your pb?
Mine seems to do the same...

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 at 16:44 Quote
Hello peeps, looking for some advice on the 2018 sentinal. IV never ridden a 29er before only ever had 27.5. I want to start racing enduro now but also have fun on big jumps and technical Downhills. I'm stuck over the sentinal and bikes like the commencial clash or the propain spindrift. I know they are so different but anyone have any advice over what to go for. I have a deep desire to get the sentinal just because it's a 29er and just looks insane, and if the reviews are right it should be a beast at dh. I normally run my suspension quite hard so never really have the issue for too little travel. For example I happily hit the big jumps near me at a place called Aston hill on my Whyte 901, a 130mm aggressive hard tail. For me all I need is a bike that's fast at up and down but most important is playful in the air and likes to jump. Any suggestions?

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 at 17:04 Quote
cormac-james wrote:
Hello peeps, looking for some advice on the 2018 sentinal. IV never ridden a 29er before only ever had 27.5. I want to start racing enduro now but also have fun on big jumps and technical Downhills. I'm stuck over the sentinal and bikes like the commencial clash or the propain spindrift. I know they are so different but anyone have any advice over what to go for. I have a deep desire to get the sentinal just because it's a 29er and just looks insane, and if the reviews are right it should be a beast at dh. I normally run my suspension quite hard so never really have the issue for too little travel. For example I happily hit the big jumps near me at a place called Aston hill on my Whyte 901, a 130mm aggressive hard tail. For me all I need is a bike that's fast at up and down but most important is playful in the air and likes to jump. Any suggestions?

Sentinel loves jumps in my experience. More of a handful than a short 275 bike, but that's to be expected.

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 at 17:47 Quote
It climbs well and blast dh. Like ibisshredding said it jump really well but needs more energy to starts moves ( compare to 27.5) but super easy to get lot of speed between jumps!

Before buying it I was concern about 140mm.
Bottoming out it not a concern! When it does, you barely feel it!

140mm give you more poping energy !

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
Main thing is though, how did you guys find jumping 29ers compared to 27.5, like is it harder to move the bike in the air? Harder to get air and be stable? Since all iv ever rode is 275 that's more or less what I'm used to and my one experience on a 29er was not good. It was a Marin wolfridge but that was a while ago, also apparently its better for taller riders? I'm 6'3 so will that help with the change. Sorry for being such a joey, just quite a lot to chance as it will be my bike for everything, Thanks for the replies.

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
cormac-james wrote:
Main thing is though, how did you guys find jumping 29ers compared to 27.5, like is it harder to move the bike in the air? Harder to get air and be stable? Since all iv ever rode is 275 that's more or less what I'm used to and my one experience on a 29er was not good. It was a Marin wolfridge but that was a while ago, also apparently its better for taller riders? I'm 6'3 so will that help with the change. Sorry for being such a joey, just quite a lot to chance as it will be my bike for everything, Thanks for the replies.

Piece of piss in the air mate. Corners need some adjustment but nothing major. I am honest, the biggest adjustment is the speed this thing carries. Prepare to shred HARD and catch your friends on the trail without thinking. Seriously!

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 13:09 Quote
Mtenure wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
Anyone run upgraded shock besides dpx2 on their bikes? How is it if so?

I just did my first ride on a Fox Float X2, it isn't dialed in yet. The swap to the X2 has made a world of difference in the grip and descending. The Float X2 doesn't pedal as efficiently (used climb switch), but has way more grip for me while pedaling up technical climbs. with the DPX2 the fork outperformed the rear and know it's the opposite.

I struggled with harshness on the DPX2 when I had enough support for chassis stability.

Did you reduce the stroke of the X2 yourself? Some pretty good deals online for 2018 X2 205 x 65 trunnion online. Was wondering if they use the same stroke reduction spacers as the DPX2.

Posted: Nov 3, 2018 at 7:46 Quote
Just finished building my new 2019 Sentinel up: Push 11-6 shock, Hope brakes and pedals and Slik Custom decals. Good to go:

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/caribooyj/album/2019-Carbon-Sentinel/

Transition Carbon Sentinel 2019 with Push 11-6 coil shock Hope brakes hope flat pedals

Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 1:24 Quote
lets hear about that push 11-6 you got there dude! i feel like ive been to the ends of the internet and back looking for info on that set up.

caribooyj wrote:
Just finished building my new 2019 Sentinel up: Push 11-6 shock, Hope brakes and pedals and Slik Custom decals. Good to go:

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/caribooyj/album/2019-Carbon-Sentinel/

Transition Carbon Sentinel 2019 with Push 11-6 coil shock Hope brakes hope flat pedals

Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 10:43 Quote
Wow. Wishing I got the red now

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 19:41 Quote
If intone is interested in my DpX2 rear shock let me know. It’s not the performance elite and it’s only been ridden since mid September. Let me know.
Thanks


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028968
Mobile Version of Website