Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
Nice work, I’m well familiar with that corner, definitely a tight one!

SeaLegs26 wrote:
First real ride on the v2 Sentinel after coming off a 2017 Scout and all I can say is that Transition knows how to make bikes that rail corners. Second run down my favorite local trail and I blew the bead off the rear. Before anyone asks, I was running 28 psi. I'm guessing the LBS didn't use much sealant or something.
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
I recently got a cascade link for my sentinel and have run into the issue of my float x2 hitting the water bottle. I know I could rock the Problem Solver bottle adapter but curious if any of y'all have found a bottle cage that works with an x2 and cascade link?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
sawithere wrote:
I recently got a cascade link for my sentinel and have run into the issue of my float x2 hitting the water bottle. I know I could rock the Problem Solver bottle adapter but curious if any of y'all have found a bottle cage that works with an x2 and cascade link?

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about potential clearance with a X2 and bottle. What size frame are you on? Who do you like the link with your X2 otherwise?

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 3:56 Quote
Hey first time poster here.

Had my Sentinel for a month now and love it. I’m still trying to dial the shock in perfectly found I was bottoming out a bit to much so stuck a volume spacer in and that’s helped.

I’m 80kg just wondering what PSI and sag other owners are running for a similar weight.
It’s the 2020 NX model so I’ve got the Super Deluxe Select+

Thanks.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 5:17 Quote
EKrum wrote:
sawithere wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about potential clearance with a X2 and bottle. What size frame are you on? Who do you like the link with your X2 otherwise?

XL frame. The hype is real, the bike feels completely different and I can't see myself going back to the old link. Only negative is the link will add a bit of weight to your backend and it's pretty apparent. That being said I feel like the additional weight hasn't changed the way I ride.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
sawithere wrote:
XL frame. The hype is real, the bike feels completely different and I can't see myself going back to the old link. Only negative is the link will add a bit of weight to your backend and it's pretty apparent. That being said I feel like the additional weight hasn't changed the way I ride.

Good to hear you like it!

We have decent clearance between a 2021 Float X2 and the Lezyne Flow cage on a size large frame. I believe the Specialized cages can slide forwards enough to have good clearance too. What cage are you running right now?

The weight difference is 60g for anyone wondering what it is exactly. Stock links weigh 285g combined and our links are 345g.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 4:56 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
sawithere wrote:

Good to hear you like it!

We have decent clearance between a 2021 Float X2 and the Lezyne Flow cage on a size large frame. I believe the Specialized cages can slide forwards enough to have good clearance too. What cage are you running right now?

The weight difference is 60g for anyone wondering what it is exactly. Stock links weigh 285g combined and our links are 345g.

I believe I have the bontrager elite cage now but good to know about the other cages, I'll have to try them out. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
Dang, envious of all of your v2 sentinels. They look too dang good. I’ve been searching far and wide for one in grey/ medium but they just don’t exist right now. Any recommendations on finding one?

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Jgolembiesky wrote:
Dang, envious of all of your v2 sentinels. They look too dang good. I’ve been searching far and wide for one in grey/ medium but they just don’t exist right now. Any recommendations on finding one?

If you're anywhere near Southern California , try this shop:
Universal Cycles in Studio City, California (this is not the same as the other Universal Cycles, the online retailer)

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
Jgolembiesky wrote:

Call all your LBS TR dealers and get on their waitlist or see if they have any stock. ya never know!

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
has anyone here had any issues with their ANVL saddle developing quite a lot of flex? I can feel it flexing and bouncing on climbs quite a bit now, about 2 years old.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
has anyone here had any issues with their ANVL saddle developing quite a lot of flex? I can feel it flexing and bouncing on climbs quite a bit now, about 2 years old.

They seem to last about 1000 miles before losing support, great saddle though, don't have to immediately throw it away.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
oatkinso wrote:

Yup- TR is good on warranty- Flex/Creak instant replacement

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
Cheers, i'll give them a shout and see what they say.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 9:51 Quote
can anyone confirm if this is the right adapter to run a shimano 203mm rotor on the rear of a v2?

https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-F203PPM-Disc-Brake-Adaptor

it says "fork", but the rear is a 180mm post mount as well but not sure if it is the same as a fork

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014467
Mobile Version of Website