Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?
I like it. The orange looks like the old smuggler orange. I think I will stick with my V1 sentinel for awhile. I’ve installed a cc link and bumped up the travel to 170mm on my fork. It handles everything that I can throw at it. These new bikes from bike companies remind me of the horsepower wars that the big three automakers have. Who has more travel and who has the slackest bike?

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?

Pretty sick, though I'll probably still take my Sentinel any day of the week. Not totally convinced that more is more in all cases.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?

Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

Going to LBS this weekend to talk about a deposit.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?

Look great and love the colors. Great value on the GX and XT alloy build. My V1 Sentinel with CC link though is more than enough for my needs. Will probably look forward to the V3 Sentinel.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?

Compatible with 27.5 on the rear in the high geo setting and 165mm crank lengh! Which has me asking if anyone has done this on the Sentinel V2?

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
bayride wrote:
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?

Compatible with 27.5 on the rear in the high geo setting and 165mm crank lengh! Which has me asking if anyone has done this on the Sentinel V2?

I did this with my CC link V1, if you go back a couple pages (p.71) you can see the writeup on my thoughts.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 1:35 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?
Stunning bike in that purple…but so is the V2 Sentinel. Surely it will be a great bike park and super fast on the straights…for me I think the Sentinel is slack enough and I already have the occasional unwanted pedal strike (170mm cranks)…also think 440 CS is perfect on the Sentinel. But could be the next bike in a few years.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Thoughts on the Spire?
Looks like what they are calling a super enduro bike. Geometry looks dam close to the new Pole Super enduro that came out a couple months ago.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
After 8 months waiting on my Stumpy Evo order, and the ETA being pushed back for the 3rd time now to September/October... I decided to start calling around seeing if I could get lucky with a Sentinel. Happened to find a shop with a GX build coming in that wasn't spoken for, and they called me today to say it arrived... Pretty fired up to say the least!

I've read through this thread and seen some comments of the somewhat poor paint... Is protective film in the high wear areas enough, or is a full ride wrap pretty necessary?

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
Definitely get something for the outsides of the chain stays and the downtube. Honestly, the price difference of a partial and full wrap isn’t that different. I got a full ride wrap and I’m very happy with it

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
Yeah I noticed the pricing wasn't much different too. How much time did it take you and were you successful at keeping it air bubble free?

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
vonBock wrote:
Yeah I noticed the pricing wasn't much different too. How much time did it take you and were you successful at keeping it air bubble free?
It took me maybe a bit more than three hours. I have no bubbles on my top tube and very few elsewhere. The place where I couldn’t get rid of some bubbles was next to the decals. The “Transition” ones on the down tube are tricky because they’re slightly raised from the rest of the paint so bubbles get stuck next to them. They don’t bother me, but if I spent longer on the ride wrap I think I could’ve gotten ride of more of them.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
I Invisiframed mine recently, it definitely felt easier in matte over glos kits I’ve used

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
I ordered a V2 Sentinel, Medium GX in November from a bikeshop, the delivery date was pushed to August so I ended up cancelling the bike and buying something else. The shop just received it today so if anyone is looking for one, in Grey, send me a message I'll put you in touch ( bike is in New-Jersey but shipping is possible )

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
trialstars wrote:
I Invisiframed mine recently, it definitely felt easier in matte over glos kits I’ve used

The lines on the v2 sentinel make it a little easier to wrap IMO. Basically just need to make sure you squeegee all the water/soap out to the edge of the line before moving on with the rest of the piece. This effectively locks it in place and you can go on to the next part making sure all the bubbles are out. On other bikes with big round tubes it’s harder because you can’t divide up the piece into these sections if that makes sense.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006376
Mobile Version of Website