Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
aluminum sentinel just got put up on transitions website, looks pretty sweet

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
ConnorP15 wrote:
aluminum sentinel just got put up on transitions website, looks pretty sweet

Looks pretty good- hefty gurl but Im sure its no different than the v1

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:02 Quote
Hello everybody,

is it possible to run a 65mm stroke on the V2 with the stock link? Any suggestions? Is there enough clearance?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
mtb-michl wrote:
Hello everybody,

is it possible to run a 65mm stroke on the V2 with the stock link? Any suggestions? Is there enough clearance?

I run a 65 mm stroke CCDB on my XL V2

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 2:27 Quote
hello guys
im looking at buying the sentinal v2 but there is nowhere to demo it around where i live. its alot to spend on something ive not tried. i was just wondering if you guys have any problems with the bike? i was previously on a canyon strive and i need something longer and more balanced. that bike just feels like im always over the front end and i need something where i feel more centered on the bike. from the reseach ive done it seems like my sort of bike but figured the best people to ask are you guys. whats your opinions on the bike and would you reccomend it to someone or are there other bikes you wish you had bought instead? thanks guys.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
Tom908 wrote:
hello guys
im looking at buying the sentinal v2 but there is nowhere to demo it around where i live. its alot to spend on something ive not tried. i was just wondering if you guys have any problems with the bike? i was previously on a canyon strive and i need something longer and more balanced. that bike just feels like im always over the front end and i need something where i feel more centered on the bike. from the reseach ive done it seems like my sort of bike but figured the best people to ask are you guys. whats your opinions on the bike and would you reccomend it to someone or are there other bikes you wish you had bought instead? thanks guys.

I’ve got 2 seasons on my v2 and I can’t recommend the bike enough. It pedals efficiently, climbs like a goat, and descends like a Jaguar chasing prey through the forest. It’s the total package.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
Tom908 wrote:
hello guys

I was just in a similar situation to you although for me I was on a Jeffsy. I know it's not everything but here's a geometry comparison between the three bikes in size L. It looks like the Jeffsy and Strive are quite similar in a lot of ways (reach, head angle, wheelbase) but the Strive has a slacker seat angle.

I also wanted something longer and more stable. I tried out a 1.5 degree angle headset on the Jeffsy and liked it but wanted to go further which was what pushed me towards the Sentinel. I can imagine that you'd have the same experience although jumping from 66 to 63.6 degrees will be a big leap (I went 66 to 64.5 to 63.5), you'll get used to it and IMO it's only been a positive.

I already posted my initial impressions here but I'll reiterate that so far I'm super happy that I made the change!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Tom908 wrote:
hello guys

Shame you are quite far, otherwise I would let you try mine. Bike is great but it just depends exactly what kind of riding and trails you do.
For me, the bike gets really good when you are going down very steep trails and at very high speeds…everything in between, I don’t think it’s special to be honest. It’s also quite poppy and easy to bunny hop over stuff, boost, etc. I would like to try it with a coil to see how it would change its character.
If you buy one, get Invisiframe straight away, and I would also recommend a Rockguardz downtube protector…170-165 cranks!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
I think I've settled on getting a carbon Ti gray large Sentinel frame, if anyone has one for sale (In good shape!), hit me up!

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
Hi Guys

i have the option of getting a Large V2 sentinel frame and am wondering about your thoughts on sizing i am 173 - 174cm tall. I am coming from a ibis ripmo V1 Medium with 50mm stem (reach 446) on the ibis i am on the very end of medium sizing and sometimes feel a bit cramped the 50mm stem did help allot. I am looking for a more progressive frame and slightly slacker geo so the sentinel ticks the boxes,

The terrain i ride is pretty steep rocky rough stuff here in Australia. Wondering if anyone on here similar height riding a L sentinel and could provide some feedback

thanks for any replies

cheers Jason

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
JASMITH77 wrote:
Hi Guys

i have the option of getting a Large V2 sentinel frame and am wondering about your thoughts on sizing i am 173 - 174cm tall. I am coming from a ibis ripmo V1 Medium with 50mm stem (reach 446) on the ibis i am on the very end of medium sizing and sometimes feel a bit cramped the 50mm stem did help allot. I am looking for a more progressive frame and slightly slacker geo so the sentinel ticks the boxes,

The terrain i ride is pretty steep rocky rough stuff here in Australia. Wondering if anyone on here similar height riding a L sentinel and could provide some feedback

thanks for any replies

cheers Jason
I ride a Large sentinel v2. I'm 5'11 and the bike is maybe a little on the big side for me. My brother who is 6'1 also can ride my bike with no problems so you might be a little bit short for a size L. maybe a medium would be a better choice?

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
JASMITH77 wrote:
Hi Guys

thanks for any replies

cheers Jason

This came from the Spire thread- not the same bike but pretty darn close in size

mtb-thetown wrote:
I built up my medium alloy Spire with a factory 38, Code rsc, x01 shifter, XT cassette, XT rotors, one-up dropper, wheels with XT hubs and Stans flow Mk4 rims, Michelin wild enduro tires and xc cushcore. Total weight is 37.5 pounds. I've taken it on two rides and it climbs about as well as my alloy patrol did, but feels like it builds and carries so much more speed and generates more grip. Can't wait to do some Enduro races on it.

I am 5 10 and went from a large patrol to a medium spire and it was definitely the right move. The bike feels much more balanced.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
Anyone riding a V2 sentinel has tried a carbon RM Altitude 2021 ?
I currently ride the sentinel but curious about the Altitude (sentinel was perfect for bike parks this summer but now, enduro time is coming and i am bit scared of its slack HT angle for tight stuff (south of France mainly).
If anyone can compare the 2 bikes ?

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
KoalaDesBois wrote:
Anyone riding a V2 sentinel has tried a carbon RM Altitude 2021 ?
I currently ride the sentinel but curious about the Altitude (sentinel was perfect for bike parks this summer but now, enduro time is coming and i am bit scared of its slack HT angle for tight stuff (south of France mainly).
If anyone can compare the 2 bikes ?

Haven't ridden the newer Rockys but you could try a +1 angleset for the Sentinel to quicken things up, you wouldn't be the first to do it and it's cheaper than a new bike (assuming there aren't other things you don't like about the Sentinel)

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 0:38 Quote
I actually have. I demoed a 2020 or 2021 rocky altitude for a day and ride a v2 right now. I wasn’t able to really push the altitude to its limits cause I wasn’t able to ride enough hard trails. The suspension wasn’t set up for my weight I think, but the cockpit defiently felt a little smaller. The bike felt shorter but less flickable than the v2. I wouldn’t trust my opinion on the altitude though cause I got only a half day on a poorly set up one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006463
Mobile Version of Website