Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 19:03 Quote
Tom908 wrote:
hello guys
im looking at buying the sentinal v2 but there is nowhere to demo it around where i live. its alot to spend on something ive not tried. i was just wondering if you guys have any problems with the bike? i was previously on a canyon strive and i need something longer and more balanced. that bike just feels like im always over the front end and i need something where i feel more centered on the bike. from the reseach ive done it seems like my sort of bike but figured the best people to ask are you guys. whats your opinions on the bike and would you reccomend it to someone or are there other bikes you wish you had bought instead? thanks guys.

I rode a Strive right before I got my V2 Sentinel this Feb. I had 4,600 mi on the Strive when I replaced it and I'm at 1,997 mi on the Sentinel as of this post. The sentinel is hands down better in every way imo.

The geo is spot on, with the steep and short seattube I was able to get a 150mm dropper with about 1.5 inch to spare, compared to barely fitting a 125 on the Strive.

The ht angle is quite a bit slacker and you can definitely feel it when you are at speed. It is a really playful and poppy bike, I'm jumping off of everything compared to the Strive. I gave up some travel (170/160 vs 160/150) but you wouldn't know it. Going up to 29" wheels as well (I had the 27.5 Strive) was pretty great.

If you decide you want more travel you can make it essentially a Spire by getting the cascade link and swapping out an air spring to go 170/165. All in all it is a really versatile bike that you can ride up and down almost anything.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
Hello I have a sentinel v2 with fox x2, I hear a rattling sound that seems to come from the shock , I read that it could be the bypass of the up switch valve, does someone else happen to him or does he know what it could be? I already added foam to the seatpost cable and checked all the bearings. Thank you very much and sorry for my vocabulary, I am using a translator

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
I pulled the trigger on the 2022 Alloy Sentinel in Blue size large. The wait game is on.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
xetal wrote:
I pulled the trigger on the 2022 Alloy Sentinel in Blue size large. The wait game is on.

Did you order online or from a dealer? What was the estimated delivery date? Curious to see what the lead times on these newer bikes are like as some COVID restrictions lift in certain places but more shutdowns are happening in Asia.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
xetal wrote:

Me too, but in Platinum Silver, delivery should be mid November according to my german distributor.

But ordered a frameset without the Fox Float X, cause I more prefer riding a coil shock.

All other parts were taken from my 2018 Smuggler build.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
Sup everyone? I just picked up a used v1 carbon frame (large) and swapped over my ripmo AF (xl) build onto it.

Not a lot to add but here's 1 question and 1 comment:

1. Is anyone running a 60mm Ohlins coil on a carbon v1 (wondering about reservoir clearance if I eventually take the plunge. it looks like the trunnion ones have the resi hanging down. I had good luck running that shock on my ripmo)

2. For anyone considering the new Float X on the v1 carbon, I'm running one with the stock 57.5 stroke with sufficient clearance as shown below. The reservoir on these shocks is huge, hanging down about twice as far as a dpx-2, so a 60mm will be a tight squeeze. I'm not sure how far the new bottom out bumper in these shocks is being compressed below but I'd guess with a 60mm stroke you'd be at 1-2mm of wiggle room (max) so just be careful there. These are hard to get a hold of anyways so maybe a non-issue.

Cheers - I'm enjoying getting this thing dialed in. A few rides so far setup 146r/170f with carbon hoops and a solid build.

float x clearance sentinel v1 carbon

float x clearance sentinel v1 carbon

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Qbikes47 wrote:
xetal wrote:

Did you order online or from a dealer? What was the estimated delivery date? Curious to see what the lead times on these newer bikes are like as some COVID restrictions lift in certain places but more shutdowns are happening in Asia.

Transition direct. Frameset alone looks like ETA is mid OCTOBRE !!! Stocked. But remember ETA can change any time.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
Have you got a lot link to the frame V2 alloy frame set please? I’m in the uk and can’t find it.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
trialstars wrote:
Have you got a lot link to the frame V2 alloy frame set please? I’m in the uk and can’t find it.

Its on the transition site- if its not on yours yet- what information were you looking for?

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
xetal wrote:
Qbikes47 wrote:
xetal wrote:

Transition direct. Frameset alone looks like ETA is mid OCTOBRE !!! Stocked. But remember ETA can change any time.

2022 alloy Transition Sentinel frame status : shipped !!!

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
Kinda wish they did the alloy version in the brushed like the Spire and Patrol. The platinum silver looks too much like my Ripmo Lol

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 15:52 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Kinda wish they did the alloy version in the brushed like the Spire and Patrol. The platinum silver looks too much like my Ripmo Lol

Agree, if i had the raw option i would take it eyes closed.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
I'm curious as to why they gave the alloy version the Fox Float X Performance Elite instead of X2 Factory like the carbon version. The Spire has Factory X2 on both alloy and carbon.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
watt95 wrote:
I'm curious as to why they gave the alloy version the Fox Float X Performance Elite instead of X2 Factory like the carbon version. The Spire has Factory X2 on both alloy and carbon.

Part availability maybe? How does the Float X compare to the X2 and DPX2? Seems its a more budget option? Since the alloy Sentinel is $200 less than an alloy Spire.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
watt95 wrote:

Part availability maybe? How does the Float X compare to the X2 and DPX2? Seems its a more budget option? Since the alloy Sentinel is $200 less than an alloy Spire.

I asked to have the float x upgraded to x2 with my order and was refused. Also seems like there is alot of issues with the 2021 x2 blowing seals early. I can't confirm that tho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007507
Mobile Version of Website