close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
I’ll be in the corner sobbing uncontrollably.

V2, cascade link, medium frame, EXT with stock 62.5 stroke does not fit.

Seems like the new e-storia could be a better fit. I had the same issue on my old patrol with CC link and Storia at 65mm. Push reservoir orientation had plenty of clearance.

For sure. I originally ordered push and they don’t support their shocks with CC link and would be voided my warranty from the jump. I wasn’t willing to shell out $1300 and not have a warranty. EXT has been fantastic to deal with and they’re confident in getting me sorted to run their coil on my medium frame.

Nice man, EXT-USA is great to work with. I'd shoot for an E-storia exchange.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
Not sure if anyone saw but TR has an alloy Sentinel frame in medium on their site for sale. Alloy and Carbon Patrols also

It shows Limited Availability so you prob need to call them about it.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Store_Detail.cfm?C=Closeout%20Bikes&SC=Framesets&P=12177

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 19:56 Quote
Home brew headset cup press and there is some semblance of a bike Cool

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Excited to see this color scheme in full!

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 2:37 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Nice one Beer

Why do you switch from an Ripmo AF to the Sentinel? Specs seemed to be very similar instead of the slacker HA on the Sentinel.

My 2022 AL frameset should arrive next week can't wait to put it together Cool

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
mtb-michl wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Nice one Beer

Why do you switch from an Ripmo AF to the Sentinel? Specs seemed to be very similar instead of the slacker HA on the Sentinel.

Similar travel numbers and both being aggressive trail bikes yes. The Ripmo was my first 29er and it was a good bike but I wanted a bike that was more stable at speed, had a lifetime warranty, could be built to be bigger or smaller than it is, better to be raced on and is carbon and the Sentinel fit the bill. Plus I really like how Transitions look and their whole ethos lol The Ripmo felt like a dad-bike in that respect. Party in the woods!

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 1:27 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
mtb-michl wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Nice one Beer

Similar travel numbers and both being aggressive trail bikes yes. The Ripmo was my first 29er and it was a good bike but I wanted a bike that was more stable at speed, had a lifetime warranty, could be built to be bigger or smaller than it is, better to be raced on and is carbon and the Sentinel fit the bill. Plus I really like how Transitions look and their whole ethos lol The Ripmo felt like a dad-bike in that respect. Party in the woods!

I totally agree, swapping from a 2018 Smuggler to the Sentinel for the same reason. Want a bike that is more capable of the chunky stuff and pedals well every mountain.

Had a look at the Spire before, but seems to be the Sentinel is more versatile.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 3:55 Quote
any 2022 alloy sentinels out there built in the wild at all? interested to see final weights especially from frame only options

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 5:04 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:
any 2022 alloy sentinels out there built in the wild at all? interested to see final weights especially from frame only options

My large 2022 alloy sentinel frameset is 9.84 lbs.
Complete build is 34 lbs ish.

I can post pictures if you like.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
xetal wrote:
Didzy2009 wrote:

yes please lets see it bud will be the first actual real life one ive seen, also hows it ride? does it seem rattly or a quiet bike? what did you come from?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:
xetal wrote:
Didzy2009 wrote:

yes please lets see it bud will be the first actual real life one ive seen, also hows it ride? does it seem rattly or a quiet bike? what did you come from?

2022 Transition Sentinel Alloy

I weight 220 lbs kited and had to put 200 psi in the rear shock, Rides smooth and is nimble. No noises from the chain and little cable slap inside the downtube. I will fix that easy with the provided cable housings. I am comming from a 2020 Slash 8. The difference is major since the bike is 40mm longer and 1.6 deg slacker. What i like the most is the centered IN the bike feel on the Sebtinel it feels so much faster and tucking behind the bars to go fast feels more natural. The slash was poppier and the feel was ON the bike and not IN the bike. Both bikes climbs the same so GOOD.

Build is 34lbs ish.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Awesome man, looks great too! Glad to hear your enjoying it too, sounds ideal I’m ready for mind hopefully it will arrive in the uk in the next few weeks just gone for the platinum one but the blue looks good too from your pics

Was your slash carbon? Did you notice the extra weight from the frame for general riding?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:
Awesome man, looks great too! Glad to hear your enjoying it too, sounds ideal I’m ready for mind hopefully it will arrive in the uk in the next few weeks just gone for the platinum one but the blue looks good too from your pics

Was your slash carbon? Did you notice the extra weight from the frame for general riding?

Slash alloy was 32 lbs so i added 2 lbs here.

It was just a frame swap kept all the same pars so i can really compare the +2lbs for just frame weight. It dosen't do a difference on the way up, bare with me here im no racer and ride for fun, i enjoy bike so much that i just feel free ! On the way down the bike is much more stable, the IN the bike feel is so much better at speed. It is funny but my slash had a better shock (X2) id say the Float X on the Sentinel seems dialed for the bike. Way less adjustments needed and it feels good as is.

What bike are you comming from ?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
xetal wrote:
Didzy2009 wrote:

Slash alloy was 32 lbs so i added 2 lbs here.

It was just a frame swap kept all the same pars so i can really compare the +2lbs for just frame weight. It dosen't do a difference on the way up, bare with me here im no racer and ride for fun, i enjoy bike so much that i just feel free ! On the way down the bike is much more stable, the IN the bike feel is so much better at speed. It is funny but my slash had a better shock (X2) id say the Float X on the Sentinel seems dialed for the bike. Way less adjustments needed and it feels good as is.

What bike are you comming from ?

Cool sounds good I have heard real good things about the sentinel, albeit in carbon form, but assuming it’s literally just a slight weight gain it really should remain pretty much the same in the way it rides, float x probably helps the weight thing too I’d imagine it gives a more lightweight feel to the bike in general over the x2

Well, I’m coming from a stumpy evo that cracked, swapped for standard stumpy so really on the cusp of going back to a 150mm bike but not carbon, coming from the stupidly light weight stumpy frame will be noticeable for me, hence why I asked about the climbing and what you’ve come from, it should be a semi light build though as I’m taking across all my parts which are pretty high spec

I’m hoping the sentinel rides like the stumpy evo (can still handle rough stuff but still loadsa fun for every thing else) but just get away from carbon for a while

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:
Cool sounds good I have heard real good things about the sentinel, albeit in carbon form, but assuming it’s literally just a slight weight gain it really should remain pretty much the same in the way it rides, float x probably helps the weight thing too I’d imagine it gives a more lightweight feel to the bike in general over the x2

Well, I’m coming from a stumpy evo that cracked, swapped for standard stumpy so really on the cusp of going back to a 150mm bike but not carbon, coming from the stupidly light weight stumpy frame will be noticeable for me, hence why I asked about the climbing and what you’ve come from, it should be a semi light build though as I’m taking across all my parts which are pretty high spec

I’m hoping the sentinel rides like the stumpy evo (can still handle rough stuff but still loadsa fun for every thing else) but just get away from carbon for a while

I have 0 experience on your old bikes. I will let the other vent it if they do. one think for sure. The bike feels so much more sturdy when holding it. It is night and day with the paper thin Slah 8. 2 lbs for that sturdy feeling is no prob.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009828
Mobile Version of Website