close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Author Message
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
There’s a video on YouTube of a guy comparing the alloy and the carbon sentinel. He seemed to think there wasn’t much in it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
tbc wrote:
There’s a video on YouTube of a guy comparing the alloy and the carbon sentinel. He seemed to think there wasn’t much in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhl78CLrHeY

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 16:36 Quote
tbc wrote:
There’s a video on YouTube of a guy comparing the alloy and the carbon sentinel. He seemed to think there wasn’t much in it.

Ya just a little more effort to maneuver on the downhills.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
She's done, for now! 33.5lbs as it sits, not horrible I suppose, definitely lighter than the RipmoAF.




Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
unrelated question to Transition bikes but as you all own Transitions I know you're of sound mind....

Has anyone installed the new Cascade brake cams on a pair of code rsc's? Thoughts? Cheers

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:


Seems like the new e-storia could be a better fit. I had the same issue on my old patrol with CC link and Storia at 65mm. Push reservoir orientation had plenty of clearance.

For sure. I originally ordered push and they don’t support their shocks with CC link and would be voided my warranty from the jump. I wasn’t willing to shell out $1300 and not have a warranty. EXT has been fantastic to deal with and they’re confident in getting me sorted to run their coil on my medium frame.

Nice man, EXT-USA is great to work with. I'd shoot for an E-storia exchange.

EXT e-Storia is being valved & tuned this week. Updates on medium frame fitment upon arrival! so stoked.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
She's done, for now! 33.5lbs as it sits, not horrible I suppose, definitely lighter than the RipmoAF.




Are you running the trp trail evos? i just put a set on my v2

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
[

EXT e-Storia is being valved & tuned this week. Updates on medium frame fitment upon arrival! so stoked.

I'm rooting for you, man. Hope it works!

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
Are you running the trp trail evos? i just put a set on my v2

Yup! Great brakes. I had SLX initially, then went to Magura MT5 and now TRP and they are by far my favorite.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
Are you running the trp trail evos? i just put a set on my v2

Yup! Great brakes. I had SLX initially, then went to Magura MT5 and now TRP and they are by far my favorite.

sweet! i've done code rsc, shimano 4 pot, and now the trp trail evos. definitely my favorite. were you considering the dhr evo as well? i'm still thinking about those...

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
whiteranger3 wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
Are you running the trp trail evos? i just put a set on my v2

Yup! Great brakes. I had SLX initially, then went to Magura MT5 and now TRP and they are by far my favorite.

sweet! i've done code rsc, shimano 4 pot, and now the trp trail evos. definitely my favorite. were you considering the dhr evo as well? i'm still thinking about those...

I did but the price of the Trail Evos was more appealing.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 17:13 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
whiteranger3 wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:


Yup! Great brakes. I had SLX initially, then went to Magura MT5 and now TRP and they are by far my favorite.

sweet! i've done code rsc, shimano 4 pot, and now the trp trail evos. definitely my favorite. were you considering the dhr evo as well? i'm still thinking about those...

I did but the price of the Trail Evos was more appealing.

exactly the reason i went with them haha

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
unrelated question to Transition bikes but as you all own Transitions I know you're of sound mind....

Has anyone installed the new Cascade brake cams on a pair of code rsc's? Thoughts? Cheers

Yes, I own a Sentinel V2 and my wife has a Patrol. Those are my mind credentials.

I installed the cam on my rear Code RSC last week. The installation is a bit fiddly because you need to press a pin out of the lever itself. You can probably hack it with a vise but ideally, you should have an arbor press. So I now own an arbor press.

I really like the cam! There's less ability to modulate during light braking but in return you get the sharper, on-off bite that I was looking for. The braking power feels higher and I don't have to pull very hard to lock up the wheel. I haven't ridden any exceptionally long or steep descents since I installed it but I'm expecting that heat fade will be exactly the same. I guess you need to upgrade the calipers to make any impact on that.

I've been toying with the idea of leaving the front brake stock, because that's the wheel where I sometimes trail brake or modulate in slippery conditions. But I think I'll try it for a few rides and if I don't like it, I'll swap it back.

Overall, I'm pleased with the cam. For $37 for a pair, they're a cheap upgrade and worth a try.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
I have a question for you. Riding the V2 Sentinel, medium, with the X2 and on my 4th warranty this summer. Fox has been good to rebuild but getting tired of blowing my shock every few weeks. Luckily I was able to get a loaner to keep me rolling.
What do you recommend? Go to the Super Deluxe Ultimate? Coil?

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
evanwvt wrote:
I have a question for you. Riding the V2 Sentinel, medium, with the X2 and on my 4th warranty this summer. Fox has been good to rebuild but getting tired of blowing my shock every few weeks. Luckily I was able to get a loaner to keep me rolling.
What do you recommend? Go to the Super Deluxe Ultimate? Coil?

What’s your budget? Do you want pop or plow?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008351
Mobile Version of Website