Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
Any ideas why it keeps blowing? Mines been fine for well over 6 months

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 12:40 Quote
tbc wrote:
Any ideas why it keeps blowing? Mines been fine for well over 6 months

Also interested on owners input on this X2 curse.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
I blew mine after about 10 months, eyelet assembly separated from the stanchion and blew oil everywhere. was told by a local suspension shop that it's a common issue with the trunnion 2021 X2s.

was also told it would be a really expensive repair if not covered under warranty

I got the cheapest super deluxe (with only rebound adjust) as a backup and it actually feels great. got the X2 back, but since it's only a 1 year warranty I'm scared to start riding it again

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
I just had an issue with mine that I've had repaired under warranty (see forum post here for photos).

Not sure of the reason why they are blowing up, but as it's happening to a few I suspect it's a combination of design and quality control and when that's added with some use, they give out. I don't know if there would be anything you could do to prevent it from happening unless you swap it out before it happens..

It did provide me with the opportunity to try out the DHX2 coil though. Coils are pretty dreamy on this bike!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
yep this looks just like mine ^

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
Mine looks like the picture above as well. No idea why it has been blowing up so often. A trusted and reputable mechanic who works closely with Fox thinks it is just a bad shock. We tried for a new shock over another rebuild but none in stock.
As far as budget on a new shock I can’t swing the the likes of Push, but don’t think many will fit the medium frame anyway. I’d love a balance between pop and plow but if I have to choose I’d go with plow. Been thinking of going with a Cascade link too.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
Has anyone tried to fit the new Fox DHX coil shock onto a Large Carbon Sentinel v2 with the stock link yet? The reservoir seem rather long and concerned with it possibly contacting the downtube when fully compressed. Hoping to find out before purchasing. Thanks!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
loamlover wrote:
Has anyone tried to fit the new Fox DHX coil shock onto a Large Carbon Sentinel v2 with the stock link yet? The reservoir seem rather long and concerned with it possibly contacting the downtube when fully compressed. Hoping to find out before purchasing. Thanks!

i'd guess that since they spec some frames with the new float X, the DHX will also fit (they have the same resevoir geometry as far as i can tell)

edit: this seems to be only on alloy frames though, for the time being...

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
Man, kinda glad I took my brand new X2 off and put on a DVO Topaz. So far the Topaz feels good

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
evanwvt wrote:
Mine looks like the picture above as well. No idea why it has been blowing up so often. A trusted and reputable mechanic who works closely with Fox thinks it is just a bad shock. We tried for a new shock over another rebuild but none in stock.
As far as budget on a new shock I can’t swing the the likes of Push, but don’t think many will fit the medium frame anyway. I’d love a balance between pop and plow but if I have to choose I’d go with plow. Been thinking of going with a Cascade link too.

DVO Jade X coil can be custom tuned for you and your bike, won't have clearance issues with a cascade link, and is roughly half the cost of a Push.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
olslash wrote:
loamlover wrote:

i'd guess that since they spec some frames with the new float X, the DHX will also fit (they have the same resevoir geometry as far as i can tell)

edit: this seems to be only on alloy frames though, for the time being...

2022 Sentinel Alloy large bottomed out

Float X bottomed out on the large alloy 2022 Sentinel. Lots of room left.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
evanwvt wrote:

DVO Jade X coil can be custom tuned for you and your bike, won't have clearance issues with a cascade link, and is roughly half the cost of a Push.

Loved the Jade X on my last frame. Just didn't want to throw down for another on the Sentinel but I will if I can't get the Topaz to work right. Topaz is very adjustable though

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
xetal wrote:
Float X bottomed out on the alloy 2022 Sentinel. Lots of room left.

I think its more a matter of how long the reservoir can is. Maybe the Float X and DHX are the same length

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
xetal wrote:

I think its more a matter of how long the reservoir can is. Maybe the Float X and DHX are the same length

Agree the float x reservoir is loooong. I think it cannot be longer imo.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
xetal wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
xetal wrote:

Agree the float x reservoir is loooong. I think it cannot be longer imo.

How long is the reservoir on yours? From the center of the trunnion bolt.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008094
Mobile Version of Website