Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
jonasron wrote:
Im 6′2″

wich Sentinel size would you recomend?

I’m 6’1 on a large. Could probably also get on with an XL but really happy with the L.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
6’2 on a an XL here

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
appltn wrote:
jonasron wrote:
Im 6′2″

I’m 6’1 on a large. Could probably also get on with an XL but really happy with the L.

Same. I could ride an XL but the large feels great (at 6'1").

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
CascadesRider wrote:
appltn wrote:
jonasron wrote:
Im 6′2″

Same. I could ride an XL but the large feels great (at 6'1").

Same 6'1" on a large.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
xetal wrote:
tbc wrote:
Any ideas why it keeps blowing? Mines been fine for well over 6 months

Also interested on owners input on this X2 curse.

Mine has been trouble free since Jan!
But if mine went and I had a chance to replace it with a coil, I would do it! Even though I have not tried it, but I believe the Sentinel with a coil would make it even better.
I’ve come for a Push previously and as much as it was great, it was also finicky and I had several issues with it…and Push CS is crap…I would probably go EXT if I decide to take the plunge.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
jonasron wrote:
Im 6′2″

Defo the XL for you!?

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
Who has tried a Mullet setup on a Sentinel V1?

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Bm1117 wrote:
I run the red mtx pads with 2mm galfer rotors. The pads wear out somewhat fast but the performance and silence is worth the trade off. I go through about 3 sets during riding season. Moving front pads to the back and new ones of front wheel.

Nice.. I may go with gold pads on galfers. How's the pad clearance on the thicker galfer rotors?

In my experience, the galfer one piece rotors have proven to be more reliable and less resistant to warping when compared to shimano icetech's (arrived out of true and don't keep shape very well following a true)
I have gold pads on sram rotors and love em, way less noise and very consistent in wet weather which is great being in the pnw.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 20:07 Quote
iridedj wrote:
I have gold pads on sram rotors and love em, way less noise and very consistent in wet weather which is great being in the pnw.

Good news. I’m on the dry side of the pnw but it’s wet now.. I gave galfer pads a go when I had code rsc and they fell apart in a week. I’m excited to get some modulation out of my saints. I may go with xt or xtr levers too.

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
iridedj wrote:

Good news. I’m on the dry side of the pnw but it’s wet now.. I gave galfer pads a go when I had code rsc and they fell apart in a week. I’m excited to get some modulation out of my saints. I may go with xt or xtr levers too.
I found the max power was similar to the metallic but way better in all other areas, including wearing. These are the bike park pads.

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
Just ordered my Sentinel! Won't be here until March, but have a few questions while I shop for upgrades until it gets here (already ordered some carbon bars Smile ).

1.) What water bottle / cages are you running that seem to work well? My bike before this one didn't have room for one so I'm excited to finally have one for short rides! (I've seen the Fidlocks, but I'm not sold yet)

2.) What gear accessories are ya'll running on the bottom of your downtube? I've got my eyes on the High Above ones, but would love to hear input from everyone else and what they like.

3.) Anyone running the Meg Neg and think it's worth the money to upgrade the RCT?

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
captbennett wrote:
Just ordered my Sentinel! Won't be here until March, but have a few questions while I shop for upgrades until it gets here (already ordered some carbon bars Smile ).

1.) What water bottle / cages are you running that seem to work well? My bike before this one didn't have room for one so I'm excited to finally have one for short rides! (I've seen the Fidlocks, but I'm not sold yet)

2.) What gear accessories are ya'll running on the bottom of your downtube? I've got my eyes on the High Above ones, but would love to hear input from everyone else and what they like.

3.) Anyone running the Meg Neg and think it's worth the money to upgrade the RCT?

Thanks!

The MegNeg was definitely a game changer for me. Made the rear end feel way more plush. I had a DHX2 on my V1 and the MegNeg gave a similar feel.
Never had any issues with water bottle clearance on any of my Sentinel frames, but I am on an XL

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
captbennett wrote:

Thanks!

1) Have a look at the Specialized Zee cage with tool holder. In some pictures of the Sentinel on the TR website you can see it’s what they have on the bikes they are riding. Not a fan of Specialized’s corporate values but you can’t dispute that some of their products are well executed. The Sentinel will be worth the wait!

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 19:52 Quote
captbennett wrote:

Thanks!

I use the specialized see cage water bottle holder and the swat EMT multi tool. Hard to imagine using a different bottle holder.

Haven’t tried the Meg Neg, but I’m curious. Currently have the cascade link which has given me more of the plushness, but still wonder how a Meg Neg would feel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007022
Mobile Version of Website