Intense recluse 2017: is it a good climber?

PB Forum :: Intense
Intense recluse 2017: is it a good climber?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 18:39 Quote
I've a intense Carbine 275 and I'm looking for a better climber in technical trail.

The recluse has a longer reach and a stepper seat angle but how is it in climbing?

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 0:00 Quote
As compared to a DW Link bike, not as good, as compared to a VPP (previous Intense or a current Santa Cruz?) It kicks ass, really forces you forward a bit uphill and keeps your weight more centered overall. My 2 cents, I love the JS tuned suspension over the old VPP only.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
My Recluse made me a better climber. This bike is amazing on the downs as well as the climbs.

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
I demod one and found it an excellent climber. I think a lot depends on technique. The way I ride the recluse climbs really well for me. Better than dw bikes I've ridden (just pivot 429 trail so far). Only full suspension bike I've ridden recently that climbs even better is the spider Smile

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:08 Quote
Climbing was easy and smooth but i really enjoyed riding the new primer as well in my terrain lots of climbing to the flow sections of the trail

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
The high AS number makes this bike an amazing climber! Pedals VERY well. But also doesn't soak up the small chop as well so in theory the tire will slip a little easier (I have never personally experienced this though, I've never had any issues with traction while climbing)

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
Best climbing bike I've ever owned. Had a few VPP bikes from SC but this one is without doubt the best climber.

Downside is it is not as good on the way down as SC which definitely was more of a plough.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021659
Mobile Version of Website