2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
did you bottom out too much with air shock? that can be havoc on shock mounts and hardware/reducers mount points. how many tokens were you running. at 200b you would probably need 2 i would think at least?
seems odd

murrdogg wrote:
lifted-d wrote:
murrdogg wrote:
Any issues or warranty claims for the 2018 reign advanced yet?
have warrantied the last version now twice and wondering if i should try something else or if the 18 reign is any tougher.
what sort of problems have you had? what were scenarios?

small crack developing near lower shock mount on the 15 and 17 advanced frames. warrantied both times

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
did you bottom out too much with air shock? that can be havoc on shock mounts and hardware/reducers mount points. how many tokens were you running. at 200b you would probably need 2 i would think at least?
seems odd

murrdogg wrote:
lifted-d wrote:

what sort of problems have you had? what were scenarios?

small crack developing near lower shock mount on the 15 and 17 advanced frames. warrantied both times

Hadn’t noticed any harsh bottoms and didn’t routinely use all my travel.... so I dunno.
Also I did get a custom compression tune on my shock to firm things up, and I ran the max volume spacers of 2 in my x2.

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 22:16 Quote
Hi guys,
Picked up a Reign 2 2018 a week ago which will be replacing my Trance 2 2016. I figured there would be some compromise but the Reign climbs as well as my Trance. I am comparing bikes a couple of years apart though so cannot speak of the latest Trance. Also rode a bunch of my usual downhill trails but I took it a bit easy while I get used to a different bike. No doubt there is plenty of potential.
Sorry to drop a question on my first post but I've spent a few hours searching for the answer with no luck. Does anyone know if the Deluxe RT is solo air or debonair? Searched the Rockshox website, read the manuals/guides and Googled a bunch but no easy way to tell as far as I know. Aussie Giant website doesn't mention either. Interesting that the German Giant website lists Debonair?
Cheers,
Mac

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
DurdenMac wrote:
Hi guys,
Picked up a Reign 2 2018 a week ago which will be replacing my Trance 2 2016. I figured there would be some compromise but the Reign climbs as well as my Trance. I am comparing bikes a couple of years apart though so cannot speak of the latest Trance. Also rode a bunch of my usual downhill trails but I took it a bit easy while I get used to a different bike. No doubt there is plenty of potential.
Sorry to drop a question on my first post but I've spent a few hours searching for the answer with no luck. Does anyone know if the Deluxe RT is solo air or debonair? Searched the Rockshox website, read the manuals/guides and Googled a bunch but no easy way to tell as far as I know. Aussie Giant website doesn't mention either. Interesting that the German Giant website lists Debonair?
Cheers,
Mac

Fairly sure its debonair

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
aceface17 wrote:
DurdenMac wrote:
Hi guys,
Cheers,
Mac

Fairly sure its debonair

Thanks

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:46 Quote
DurdenMac wrote:
Hi guys,
Cheers,
Mac
its a solo air shock i've had mine for nearly 6 months and there is no sign of the writing "debonair" on it knowing rockshox they would have put it somewhere on the deluxe rt

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:58 Quote
If it feels good, ride it... If it rides rough and feel you are not maintaining traction for some reason on trail sections, get something else.

FOX X2 air or coil is pretty hard to beat for an upgrade.... If your ride is smooth and you are keeping traction, who cares whats written on it, or what is inside.

You know the industry wants you to get hung up on this technology... 2010 Marzochi 888 is pretty sweet still it has no Debodonair.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 22:03 Quote
whats the best suspension recommendation for my reign 2. im thinking rockshox lyric rct3 debonair boost 160mm / rockshox super deluxe rct trunnion mount, would you recommend this? or is there any better like the fox 36 performance / float x2. the reason im asking this is because im going to start racing gravity enduro in 2019 and am upgrading my reign to suit the conditions of australia, also would coil be better? or should i stick with air?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 22:38 Quote
Reign2018 wrote:
whats the best suspension recommendation for my reign 2. im thinking rockshox lyric rct3 debonair boost 160mm / rockshox super deluxe rct trunnion mount, would you recommend this? or is there any better like the fox 36 performance / float x2. the reason im asking this is because im going to start racing gravity enduro in 2019 and am upgrading my reign to suit the conditions of australia, also would coil be better? or should i stick with air?

Run what Sam Hill runs, he wins by 1 minute margins... Soooo fast

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 23:29 Quote
Reign2018 wrote:
DurdenMac wrote:
Hi guys,
Cheers,
Mac
its a solo air shock i've had mine for nearly 6 months and there is no sign of the writing "debonair" on it knowing rockshox they would have put it somewhere on the deluxe rt
As well as asking the question here, I contacted Rockshox via messenger, they did finally get back to me and it's Debonair. Would be handy for it to be on the shock like you said.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 23:39 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
If it feels good, ride it... If it rides rough and feel you are not maintaining traction for some reason on trail sections, get something else.

FOX X2 air or coil is pretty hard to beat for an upgrade.... If your ride is smooth and you are keeping traction, who cares whats written on it, or what is inside.

You know the industry wants you to get hung up on this technology... 2010 Marzochi 888 is pretty sweet still it has no Debodonair.

It is handy to know what's inside considering Rockshox recommend 20% sag for solo and 30% sag for debonair on the Deluxe. Personally I wanted to start at their recommendation and fine tune from there.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
Can anyone with this shock already recommend me a coil spring rating? I'm 200lbs.

Just ordered A Super Deluxe Coil shock for my 2018 Reign, if anyone is looking i'd say it's a pretty decent deal. Its the remote version, but doesn't include the remote. I haven't seen this shock available anywhere else. same one as 2018 advanced 0 and SX.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/362296225107?ul_noapp=true

this reviewer went with a 400#, just seems light to me
https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Giant/Reign-Advanced-0,19612#product-reviews/2844/expand

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 16:05 Quote
DurdenMac wrote:
Reign2018 wrote:
DurdenMac wrote:
Hi guys,
Cheers,
Mac
As well as asking the question here, I contacted Rockshox via messenger, they did finally get back to me and it's Debonair. Would be handy for it to be on the shock like you said.
huh im surprised, thanks. i always thought it was solo air

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 15:37 Quote
Reign2018 wrote:
I just ordered a DVO Diamond 110 fork for mine. Ill lyk how it is. I'm going with DVO because the Giant factory off road team is running it and they seem to be liking it.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
my super deluxe coil shock has arrived.
can anyone give me some info on what # coil you are running and your weight?

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019627
Mobile Version of Website