2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
Author Message
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 1:22 Quote
Anyone knows how may volume spacers are pre installed fox 36 performance on 2018 giant reign medium? Thanks.

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 17:25 Quote
plutonite111 wrote:
Anyone knows how may volume spacers are pre installed fox 36 performance on 2018 giant reign medium? Thanks.
Most of the time its 1 token. Cant say for your specific bike and size though.

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 21:39 Quote
Hey does anyone know if any of the 11-46 cassettes out there will work with the current Reign 2? Sunrace has a 10 speed mx3 11-46 here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/sunrace-mx3-10-speed-cassette-11-46t/rp-prod174281?gs=1&sku=sku660534&pgrid=55275506289&ptaid=pla-481277724146&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+-+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7CscVKWYTtB_dm%7Cpcrid%7C253940205581%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C660534CA

Would it work with the slx derailleur? Anyone tried this?
Cheers!

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 17:24 Quote
dzayac wrote:
Hey does anyone know if any of the 11-46 cassettes out there will work with the current Reign 2? Sunrace has a 10 speed mx3 11-46 here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/sunrace-mx3-10-speed-cassette-11-46t/rp-prod174281?gs=1&sku=sku660534&pgrid=55275506289&ptaid=pla-481277724146&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+-+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7CscVKWYTtB_dm%7Cpcrid%7C253940205581%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C660534CA

Would it work with the slx derailleur? Anyone tried this?
Cheers!
It absolutely will. I did a 11 speed upgrade to xt with the 11-46 and it shifted very good. I have since switched to a sram cassette because of a used wheelset I picked up coming with an XD driver. I have a friend that is using one of the sunrace cassettes with an SLX on a trance, and it shifts great. Gotta make sure the derailleur hanger is dead straight though.

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
Geoff-Smith wrote:
machchicken wrote:
So, I have the Reign advanced 1 with fox package. Love it, but bitten by the modification bug. After reading on fox site that the fox 36 can be modified to 170mm 180mm by just changing the air shaft I decide to try. After all it was only 80$. well after taking it all apart and rebuilding several times and not being able to fill the neg chamber and having a clunk on top out called fox.... turns out that *not every damper can be extended* it was in a tiny bullet on the fox page... so bikes in peices and the "other" required part the "damper cartridge body" for 170 180mm travel needed to be ordered as well. needs a special clamp FYI. so for 140$ hope to be able to have both 160mm and 180mm. waiting on the part now........

I ordered a DVO Fork which is Internally adjustable from 130mm-170mm. Comin in tomorrow and i'm super stoked. Almost went for the Fox 36 with the new Grip 2 damper, but I decided I wanted something different. Let us know how the upgrade works. The Advanced 1 has the 36 performance Elite right?

The 180mm air shaft and longer cartridge for the fox 36 performance elite was easy to install Needed a few specific clamps etc. and you need to be comfortable with taking apart a damper. changing from 160 to 180mm is a huge change. The bike is even more stable, even more plush, and it feels really good having the bike sit a bit higher to compliment my short arms.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 4:50 Quote
machchicken wrote:
The 180mm air shaft and longer cartridge for the fox 36 performance elite was easy to install Needed a few specific clamps etc. and you need to be comfortable with taking apart a damper. changing from 160 to 180mm is a huge change. The bike is even more stable, even more plush, and it feels really good having the bike sit a bit higher to compliment my short arms.
Do you still able to climb stuff?

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 19:44 Quote
machchicken wrote:
Geoff-Smith wrote:
machchicken wrote:
So, I have the Reign advanced 1 with fox package. Love it, but bitten by the modification bug. After reading on fox site that the fox 36 can be modified to 170mm 180mm by just changing the air shaft I decide to try. After all it was only 80$. well after taking it all apart and rebuilding several times and not being able to fill the neg chamber and having a clunk on top out called fox.... turns out that *not every damper can be extended* it was in a tiny bullet on the fox page... so bikes in peices and the "other" required part the "damper cartridge body" for 170 180mm travel needed to be ordered as well. needs a special clamp FYI. so for 140$ hope to be able to have both 160mm and 180mm. waiting on the part now........

I ordered a DVO Fork which is Internally adjustable from 130mm-170mm. Comin in tomorrow and i'm super stoked. Almost went for the Fox 36 with the new Grip 2 damper, but I decided I wanted something different. Let us know how the upgrade works. The Advanced 1 has the 36 performance Elite right?

The 180mm air shaft and longer cartridge for the fox 36 performance elite was easy to install Needed a few specific clamps etc. and you need to be comfortable with taking apart a damper. changing from 160 to 180mm is a huge change. The bike is even more stable, even more plush, and it feels really good having the bike sit a bit higher to compliment my short arms.

Hi, you wouldn't have the part number for the "Damper Cartridge body" by any chance? I want to do the same upgrade, but not exactly sure what part to order (along with the air shaft).

BTW, just put a Super Deluxe Coil on my Advanced 1 and loving it. So plush, definitely one of the best upgrades I've done!

Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 21:07 Quote
theolderigetthefasteriwas wrote:
machchicken wrote:
Geoff-Smith wrote:


I ordered a DVO Fork which is Internally adjustable from 130mm-170mm. Comin in tomorrow and i'm super stoked. Almost went for the Fox 36 with the new Grip 2 damper, but I decided I wanted something different. Let us know how the upgrade works. The Advanced 1 has the 36 performance Elite right?

The 180mm air shaft and longer cartridge for the fox 36 performance elite was easy to install Needed a few specific clamps etc. and you need to be comfortable with taking apart a damper. changing from 160 to 180mm is a huge change. The bike is even more stable, even more plush, and it feels really good having the bike sit a bit higher to compliment my short arms.

Hi, you wouldn't have the part number for the "Damper Cartridge body" by any chance? I want to do the same upgrade, but not exactly sure what part to order (along with the air shaft).

BTW, just put a Super Deluxe Coil on my Advanced 1 and loving it. So plush, definitely one of the best upgrades I've done!

So here it is: according to fox techs that I spoke two on two different occasions to confirm... Wanted to be sure...
Fox 36 performance elite ddcj 2018.
Cartridge body: 207-80-002 MACH cartridge body for 170/180 mm
Air shaft: 820-02-534-KIT 180mm
I ended up taking out all tokens and running less pressure. I have short arms and having the bike sit higher in the front actually made long climbs easier. But I didn't put it in for long climbs lol. Crushes DH style now.

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 1:15 Quote
Awesome, thank you! Can't wait to try it!

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
I'm 5'9" would a medium be ok? I have longer arms and like a longer bike. The reach seems long for a medium. Any thoughts? (Sorry, I'm sure it's probably been asked before)

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 0:11 Quote
makripper wrote:
I'm 5'9" would a medium be ok? I have longer arms and like a longer bike. The reach seems long for a medium. Any thoughts? (Sorry, I'm sure it's probably been asked before)

I'm 5'7" and on a medium. It's long but super stable. You will love it!

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 13:22 Quote
makripper wrote:
I'm 5'9" would a medium be ok? I have longer arms and like a longer bike. The reach seems long for a medium. Any thoughts? (Sorry, I'm sure it's probably been asked before)

Just got my 2019 M Reign Frame built up. I'm 5' 9" as well and fits great! I have Deity 787s with a 35mm stem and lovin it!

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 0:20 Quote

current updates:

renthal fatbars, specialized comp seat, and recently a fox 36 rc2 2017.

Damn the 36s are amazing. Ive had a number of forks over the years but it just blows my mind every time I ride it. Unlimited traction, and so composed through the rough. I have to stop myself just hucking off everything trying to push it to its limits. Would definitely recommend if people are looking for an upgrade, not that its an uncommon fork. Wheels are starting to show some dents, will run them until they die. Starting to look for some new pedals, anyone got a recommendation for some grippy cheap flats??

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 6:28 Quote
Here's an update on my build. I have also installed a Chris king Zerostack headset, Deity Cavity V2 stem, and a Deity Seat. Also not pictured is my brand new DVO Onyx SC Fork that I just got this week.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
Nice build. Dvo stuff looks pretty good eh. Might check them out for when I upgrade the shock. You got an x2 on yours?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014062
Mobile Version of Website