2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Stoencha wrote:
Did someone increased the travel of his fork from 160 to 170? If yes, how does it feel?
Yeah

Its fukin RAD:
photo

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
Stoencha wrote:
Did someone increased the travel of his fork from 160 to 170? If yes, how does it feel?

I extended my fox from 160 to 180mm it made the bike way better because the front end height is low. Same feeling could be achieved with a riser.....but the extra travel made it an absolute monster! You need a new 180mm air spring assembly and a 180mm cartridge body to do this. It was like 130$ for both all parts needed.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
Hi guys, I've got a Reign 2 2018 and was wondering if anyone has swapped the Giant freehub with something else? If so, what did you replace it with?

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
machchicken wrote:
Stoencha wrote:

I extended my fox from 160 to 180mm it made the bike way better because the front end height is low. Same feeling could be achieved with a riser.....but the extra travel made it an absolute monster! You need a new 180mm air spring assembly and a 180mm cartridge body to do this. It was like 130$ for both all parts needed.

I think that I need only a new air shaft?

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
Stoencha wrote:
machchicken wrote:
Stoencha wrote:

Dont know about going to 170mm. But why would you not go to 180 mm if you are going to do it.... I can say with certainty that on the 180mm air shaft extension you also must change the cartridge body to the 180mm cart body. the fork tops out violently if you dont. Ask me how I know. I was told the same thing when I did mine (only need air spring) It took a lot of trouble shooting and an extended conversation with fox to get the details on the cartridge body which also needs changing at 180mm or it will top out.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
machchicken wrote:
Stoencha wrote:
machchicken wrote:

Dont know about going to 170mm. But why would you not go to 180 mm if you are going to do it.... I can say with certainty that on the 180mm air shaft extension you also must change the cartridge body to the 180mm cart body. the fork tops out violently if you dont. Ask me how I know. I was told the same thing when I did mine (only need air spring) It took a lot of trouble shooting and an extended conversation with fox to get the details on the cartridge body which also needs changing at 180mm or it will top out.

Can you tell me the exact part numbers?

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
photo

here ya go

Stoencha wrote:
machchicken wrote:
Stoencha wrote:

Can you tell me the exact part numbers?

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
Hi all sorry if this has been covered in the past.... i have a 2018 reign sx and silly as it may seem I dont like the remote lock switch on the rockshox super deluxe rt.

Is there a way to rebuild it so that it deletes the switch and just have a dial? I also looked into just swapping out the coil shock altogether but there doesnt seem to be a directly replacement from rockshox and or fox (or any coil shock) on the 205x62.5 sizing.

any thoughts?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
koolgreen1 wrote:
Hi all sorry if this has been covered in the past.... i have a 2018 reign sx and silly as it may seem I dont like the remote lock switch on the rockshox super deluxe rt.

Is there a way to rebuild it so that it deletes the switch and just have a dial? I also looked into just swapping out the coil shock altogether but there doesnt seem to be a directly replacement from rockshox and or fox (or any coil shock) on the 205x62.5 sizing.

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Marozcchi Bomber CR is the most affordable. however there is only 230x60 and 230x65 so you could use an offset ushing, for now, there should be a 62.5 out soon hopefully.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
koolgreen1 wrote:

any thoughts?

Thanks!
No there isn't really any way to rebuild it to delete it. I guess you could just run it open all the time and get rid of the remote and cable. I'm running a DVO jade coil which is somewhat more affordable then the Fox/Rockshox alternative. I was just selling my old 2019 Float x2 which would have been perfect, but its long gone.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
koolgreen1 wrote:

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Marozcchi Bomber CR is the most affordable. however there is only 230x60 and 230x65 so you could use an offset ushing, for now, there should be a 62.5 out soon hopefully.

They make shocks in the right sizing, but you might have to go to a dealer. I found a shock for sale off a 2018 reign. Can you not just remove the cable and switch it manually somehow?

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
aceface17 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
koolgreen1 wrote:

any thoughts?

Thanks!

They make shocks in the right sizing, but you might have to go to a dealer. I found a shock for sale off a 2018 reign. Can you not just remove the cable and switch it manually somehow?
You can remove the cable, it will just stay in the open position. I looked into it too. There’s no parts available to make it a manual switch

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
If you like the shock, just run it open.

There are a good amount of shocks out there in 205x62.5. I got a Float X2 on mine late last year. Its way better than the standard DPX2 mit came with

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
koolgreen1 wrote:

any thoughts?

Thanks!

You can't use offset bushing since shock has trunion mount and 15mm axle from the other side.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
yeah evidently cant just remove the cable as it would stay open... there is not a switch on the shock itself. The cable switch actuates it

aceface17 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
koolgreen1 wrote:

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014252
Mobile Version of Website