2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
Shameless plug...selling my coil shock
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2591336/

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
I'm selling my 2019 Reign sx. Broke my neck, on a different bike. Wont be riding for a while.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
I'm selling my 2019 Reign sx. Broke my neck, on a different bike. Wont be riding for a while.
Shit. Heal up quick, that’s got to be rough.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
The reign SX has me convinced that it can replace a DH bike.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
Anyone tried a Mullet configuration on their 2018/19 reign? I have access to a fork and wheel so I might try it. Worried it'll slack the seat tube even more though..

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
tmeyer wrote:
Anyone tried a Mullet configuration on their 2018/19 reign? I have access to a fork and wheel so I might try it. Worried it'll slack the seat tube even more though..

Yes sir. I've done the mullet cut on my 2018 giant reign SX. I went with a 160mm yari and it doesn't slacken it much. It's recommended that the frame allow for 20mm more travel on the fork than the rear so when you mullet out a bike the travel should match front and rear 160/160. I've also mulleted out my 2017 diamondback release which has made it so much more capable of handling the gnar.

Only recommendation would be to get a 3 degree engagement hub on the rear wheel if you don't already have one. Makes pedaling this beast a lot easier.


Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
davidle03 wrote:
tmeyer wrote:
Anyone tried a Mullet configuration on their 2018/19 reign? I have access to a fork and wheel so I might try it. Worried it'll slack the seat tube even more though..

Yes sir. I've done the mullet cut on my 2018 giant reign SX. I went with a 160mm yari and it doesn't slacken it much. It's recommended that the frame allow for 20mm more travel on the fork than the rear so when you mullet out a bike the travel should match front and rear 160/160. I've also mulleted out my 2017 diamondback release which has made it so much more capable of handling the gnar.

Only recommendation would be to get a 3 degree engagement hub on the rear wheel if you don't already have one. Makes pedaling this beast a lot easier.


Just interested how 3-degree hub helps with pedaling?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
onyxss wrote:
davidle03 wrote:
tmeyer wrote:
Anyone tried a Mullet configuration on their 2018/19 reign? I have access to a fork and wheel so I might try it. Worried it'll slack the seat tube even more though..

Yes sir. I've done the mullet cut on my 2018 giant reign SX. I went with a 160mm yari and it doesn't slacken it much. It's recommended that the frame allow for 20mm more travel on the fork than the rear so when you mullet out a bike the travel should match front and rear 160/160. I've also mulleted out my 2017 diamondback release which has made it so much more capable of handling the gnar.

Only recommendation would be to get a 3 degree engagement hub on the rear wheel if you don't already have one. Makes pedaling this beast a lot easier.


Just interested how 3-degree hub helps with pedaling?

To me it seems like I'm not wasting as much energy since I don't have that dead spot when pedaling hard compared to my original race face back wheel that was 9.2 degree engagement. Only proof would be my strava time and energy output data.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
davidle03 wrote:

To me it seems like I'm not wasting as much energy since I don't have that dead spot when pedaling hard compared to my original race face back wheel that was 9.2 degree engagement. Only proof would be my strava time and energy output data.
That means that you are ratcheting all the time and not holding spinning circle constant. Either you have demanding rocky terrain or you have to rethink pedaling tehnique Big Grin

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 1:50 Quote
I think it's more about oval chainring.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010612
Mobile Version of Website