2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
JimmyWeir wrote:
Hi, I was curious if any of you have ever considered cutting down the seat tube to allow for a longer dropper post??
Not a good idea, you would not have enough insert then (not to mention you temper with planned tension on frame structure). With Giant frame design there is a limit where the seat tube is bent - you cannot go any lower with dropper post insert. Can be a problem on S and XS frames.
To return to original question - don't do it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 4:37 Quote
Reverb AXS!
Its the only 150mm post i could slam in my medium reign. Tried a good few before I discovered that. Well worth the extra cost

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 5:18 Quote
JimmyWeir wrote:
Hi, I was curious if any of you have ever considered cutting down the seat tube to allow for a longer dropper post??

What year is your Reign? I will be attempting to install a oneup 170mm dropper on my 2018 reign this weekend. I'm hoping it will allow for at least 150mm but we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
Mine's a 2018 advanced/large and I was able to run the 180mm OneUp post w/ no problems.

davidle03 wrote:
JimmyWeir wrote:

What year is your Reign? I will be attempting to install a oneup 170mm dropper on my 2018 reign this weekend. I'm hoping it will allow for at least 150mm but we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
awesome thanks for the replies, my Reign is also a 2018, size large. I am 6' 1" and I think that the bike fits me perfectly. Great to know the 180mm post worked for you, assuming the plastic and alu frames have the same seat tube kink. I will post a pic of it shortly. It is the third Reign that I have owned because I believe Maestro to be the best suspension platform!tup tup tup

tmeyer wrote:
Mine's a 2018 advanced/large and I was able to run the 180mm OneUp post w/ no problems.

davidle03 wrote:
JimmyWeir wrote:

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
tmeyer wrote:

davidle03 wrote:
JimmyWeir wrote:

That's great to know. Thank you!

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 9:37 Quote
photo

photo

the giant seatpost is great and makes a satisfying clunk so you know when its reached the top
got the 2020 Fox Grip 2 on there set at 180mm with one volume token 1 click of high and low speed compression and 4 clicks of high and low speed rebound.
Minion DHR with terra max and DHF with DoubleDown casing, Maxxgrip compound, both tubeless. 24 psi rear 20 psi front.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
JimmyWeir wrote:
photo

photo

the giant seatpost is great and makes a satisfying clunk so you know when its reached the top
got the 2020 Fox Grip 2 on there set at 180mm with one volume token 1 click of high and low speed compression and 4 clicks of high and low speed rebound.
Minion DHR with terra max and DHF with DoubleDown casing, Maxxgrip compound, both tubeless. 24 psi rear 20 psi front.

She's looking good. The red frame is sick!

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
First ride today after fracturing my collar bone 20 days ago. It was the most fun I've had since the break even though I took it really easy. Being pretty much unable to manual/lift the front wheel or drive hard into corners, it was nice to just see how the Reign would handle. Instead of lifting up over rocks and roots I just bounced over them and still had a blast...Cool tup

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
Hi all!

I’m looking at changing my dropper to a one up components V2 because I want to slam the post as much as I can in the medium frame!

Any one have one? Any good?

Insert length for this post is 237mm including the actuator. Any one know if this will slam in a medium?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 22:29 Quote
If its the 150mm drop, no it won’t.
Tried it.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
Anyone know what the Eye to Eye length is on a 2019 Giant Reign SX is?

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
@timbud so same as 2018?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.053541
Mobile Version of Website