2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
Deadclmbr wrote:
kroegs wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade the rear shock on my 2020 Reign 2 to a coil. Anyone have any thoughts on which would be a better way to go between a Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate or a Marzocchi CR? What spring rate should I be looking for at 155lbs riding weight? Thanks.
It is tuned specifically to the 2018 reign for my weight from Ohlins.

Thanks for the offer but I just ended up going with the RS. Marzocchi is sold out and both were in the same price range. I suspect Ill be looking for a lighter spring for it though.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
Hi,
I have measured HTA and STA of 2018 reign 160/160mm which might be interesting for you, especially STA which seems to be steeper than claimed :

reign 2018 HTA
reign 2018 HTA

reign 2018 STA
reign 2018 STA

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
I just destroyed my PAM-2 rear wheel. Unfortunately the hub axle broke in half. Does anyone know if I can get other brands hub axles?
I might get a second hand PAM-2 rear wheel but it comes with a Sram XD freehub body. Can I just exchange the XD with my Shimano freehub body or do I need some kind of an adapter?

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
Pullux wrote:
I just destroyed my PAM-2 rear wheel. Unfortunately the hub axle broke in half. Does anyone know if I can get other brands hub axles?
I might get a second hand PAM-2 rear wheel but it comes with a Sram XD freehub body. Can I just exchange the XD with my Shimano freehub body or do I need some kind of an adapter?

I believe it's shitty formula hubs. Just buy a normal hub with the similar flanges and re-lace the wheel.

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Bstr77 wrote:
Hi,
I have measured HTA and STA of 2018 reign 160/160mm which might be interesting for you, especially STA which seems to be steeper than claimed :

reign 2018 HTA
reign 2018 HTA

reign 2018 STA
reign 2018 STA
Are you aware they also measure reach from the front of the head tube not the centre like every one else. Making it shorter than they say it is! Makes the reach on my Large more like 453. I really needed an XL but couldn't find one in the UK.

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
tig9619 wrote:
Are you aware they also measure reach from the front of the head tube not the centre like every one else. Making it shorter than they say it is! Makes the reach on my Large more like 453. I really needed an XL but couldn't find one in the UK.

Did you measure it?
I was suprised and had to mesure it and with my home methods looks like giant's reach, stack, CS are correct.
With 170mm fork and size M I have aprox. 457mm reach, 583mm stack, both at center of head tube at top edge.
But strangly TT is aprox 607mm instead of 635mm...
maybe due to steeper HTA ...

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Bstr77 wrote:
tig9619 wrote:

Did you measure it?
I was suprised and had to mesure it and with my home methods looks like giant's reach, stack, CS are correct.
With 170mm fork and size M I have aprox. 457mm reach, 583mm stack, both at center of head tube at top edge.
But strangly TT is aprox 607mm instead of 635mm...
maybe due to steeper HTA ...

Yes I've measured several times and it always comes out the same. They measure it from the very front of the headtube whereas everyone else's measurements are from the centre of it, hence it being about 20mm shorter than stated!

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
Has anyone struggled with chain retention on their Reign? I’m running the standard MRP guide with steel 30T chainring (OEM replacement from Praxis) and a relatively new clutch on the Shimano 10-speed derailleur. Chain is 5% wear.

It usually happens on rough terrain after sequential larger impacts. It’s falling off the front ring and getting past the chain guide, which is set to ever-so-lightly rub when in the largest rear cog.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 0:53 Quote
The Praxis rings are not very good...I’d suggest swapping it out

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007100
Mobile Version of Website