Newb thats needs new crank for 2016 ns zircus

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Newb thats needs new crank for 2016 ns zircus
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 21:47 Quote
Bought a NS Zircus 2016 and the crank arms are crap. Pedals are stripped, crooked and wont come out. So Im new to all this and would like to get back on my bike as soon as possible. I just want a new crank and not sure what will be compatible or if I could just buy new arms plus pedals.

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
I have profiles in mine (see my pics) with the profile external euro BB (might want the long spindle available)

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
So this.
Profile_External_Euro_BB_Kit.html?&gclid=CLPR0fTo69QCFRG2wAodaMAI_g

Then this.
https://www.danscomp.com/products/452553/Profile_BMX_GDH_Cranks.html?&gclid=CPzSm6Tq69QCFci1wAodaRkP9w

If thats it then thank you so much man!

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 18:19 Quote
Kurayami wrote:
So this.
Profile_External_Euro_BB_Kit.html?&gclid=CLPR0fTo69QCFRG2wAodaMAI_g

Then this.
https://www.danscomp.com/products/452553/Profile_BMX_GDH_Cranks.html?&gclid=CPzSm6Tq69QCFci1wAodaRkP9w

If thats it then thank you so much man!

That should do it man... you're welcome, its a great bike, I was out on mine today, but buying a stock build leaves a lot to be desired, next will be a fork and wheels, but its a great frame with great geometry..

NOTE: on the link for the crank under "desc2" at the bottom is says "if using the external BB, the 6" spindle is required, PLEASE CALL for the upgrade when ordering"..

Your screen name doesn't represent what country you're in, if state side, Dans comp is probably best, but if UK side you might want to look at Chain Reaction

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 19:16 Quote
I just joined yesterday and hadn't done much with my account. Ill be ordering from Dans comp since I live in the states. So call for the upgrade right? I just got my bike last Thursday, threw it together quickly, put my pedals on wrong I suppose and stripped the f*ck out of my crank arms. Lastly and I really appreciate the help man but is the long spindal kit really needed to do this? Can I buy that later and just throw on my old Diamondback pedals? I plan on buying flats eventually. Like the title says Imma newb lol

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
Never mind I assume you mean the spindal inside the crank. I thought you meant the pedals. Gotcha lol Thanks for all the help man!

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
No problem dude, I dont think it's an "upgrade" but more of an optional item they don't offer "normally" cause its not often needed, I doubt it will cost extra..

But yeah that sucks man about the cranks

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
Alright Ive got it all pretty much figured out but one last thing. What size spacer tube do I need? The one I that came with the BBs is it a bit to big, it says its 73mm.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
I run shimano xt cranks, but any standard threaded bb type will work

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 18:26 Quote
I meant like the sleeve spacer thing that come with the bottom bracket.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 18:44 Quote
How far off(long) is it? Most LBS will have spacers cheap. . Or should..

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 18:54 Quote
It measures 75 ish mm.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
The little spacer sleeve thing^

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 19:01 Quote
I think Ill just use my pipe cutter to chop it down like 7mm and make up what Im missing with washers.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
Kurayami wrote:
I think Ill just use my pipe cutter to chop it down like 7mm and make up what Im missing with washers.

Thats what I was asking lol.. how much TOO LONG is it..

You're welcome to try the pipe cutter, beware and go really slow with the pressure or youll cave it in..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009715
Mobile Version of Website