Isle of Harris

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Isle of Harris
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 16:04 Quote
Heading to Harris on a week's holiday in a few weeks. Is it worth taking my bike? Any routes or info appreciated. I've seen a few routes but they all look nails! I'm sure the beaches will keep me entertained if not.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 2:33 Quote
Yep ..well worth taking the bike .
I also had to take the mother in law & my partners aunty to keep her & my then 3yr old son company back in 2006 while I dodged off for a couple of rides ..but worth every penny !
The routes I followed were out of MBR magazine or you will find the same routes in Phil McKane's Scotland "The Wild Trails " vol.1&2 ..published by Vertebrate ...bit pricey but great guide books.
Having said that if you get really great weather it will be hard to drag yourself away from the stunningly beautiful world class beaches ..which are anything but overcrowded
Having promised ourselves that we would go back one day ..we haven't yet ..so extremely envious of your trip..
Have fun

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
Thanks for the encouragement. I took it and got out three or four times, once off out in to the middle of nowhere. Class trails, so glad I took it. Thanks!

Quote="hodgynd"]Yep ..well worth taking the bike .
I also had to take the mother in law & my partners aunty to keep her & my then 3yr old son company back in 2006 while I dodged off for a couple of rides ..but worth every penny !
The routes I followed were out of MBR magazine or you will find the same routes in Phil McKane's Scotland "The Wild Trails " vol.1&2 ..published by Vertebrate ...bit pricey but great guide books.
Having said that if you get really great weather it will be hard to drag yourself away from the stunningly beautiful world class beaches ..which are anything but overcrowded
Having promised ourselves that we would go back one day ..we haven't yet ..so extremely envious of your trip..
Have fun[/Quote]

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017826
Mobile Version of Website