Post your Propain!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
Finally the snow is melting away and we can enjoy the first spring trails

photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 1:55 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Finally the snow is melting away and we can enjoy the first spring trails

photo
A coil and air version! What is the comparison?

Plose bikepark already open? I'm waiting for the border to open up again, so I can do some short trips in Italy.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 4:00 Quote
They are both coil (one sd ultimate and one sd r)

Plose is still full of snow, for what i know they will start working on trails sometime in april, but i guess park opening will be in june.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 4:37 Quote
fontafox wrote:
They are both coil (one sd ultimate and one sd r)

Plose is still full of snow, for what i know they will start working on trails sometime in april, but i guess park opening will be in june.

I couldn't see the back one had coil.

I was thinking of maybe making a topic in Europe section of the forum for combined area of Tirol and Trentino-Alto Adige/Sud-Tirol. For sharing trail conditions and recommendations or maybe even rides.

But no point at this moment, because of the current covid restrictions.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
both black :-D

oh yeah do that, it would be nice to share info about the Nordtirol-Sudtirol area.

Probably Trentino has already other conditions.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
Looking at getting a couple of spare mech hangers - would anyone happen to have one lying around that I could buy? I'd like to use one to make a CAD model and have some made by a CNC shop I know, would happily then sell one at cost to anyone that needs one.

Failing that would anyone in the UK fancy going in on a batch of them to dull the pain of the shipping costs?

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
At 189cm (just over 6'2) I'm trying to figure out geometry. I find control to be the biggest factor that makes a bike both playful and capable and I'll take the shortest wheelbase bike that grants me complete control over where I put my weight on the bike.

My current 455mm reach, 430mm CS (1210mm WB) bike puts me too far over the rear end, forcing me to lean OVER the bars to weight the front wheel properly. It's a hindrance.

Wondering if the Large tyee's longer CS (445mm) and slight bump in reach (471mm) will be enough to allow front wheel loading.
Or perhaps a much longer reach and short CS is the way to keep the WB short while allowing front wheel loading (looking at commencals).

I travel a lot through Europe, riding any style trail around Europe from xc to bikepark laps. Mostly I ride enduro style singletrack and bikeparks though.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Especially from tall dudes riding a size L tyee themselves.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Does anyone ride their Tyee CF (2020) with a DPX2? I’m at 195lb or 88.5kg with gear and nearly maxing out the pressure to get ~30% sag. Is it just me or is this shock a lemon?

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

Last week I finally got my Alu Tyee after waiting more than 5 months. ordered it with the coil shock, but received a free super deluxe ultimate air in the meantime and they will deliver the coil later when it is available. Flow MK3 rims on Propain hubs, Bikeyoke Revive 185 and Formula Cura 4. Out of the box with Schwalbe tires and tubes it was sitting at 16,3kg, but I was able to get the weight down to 15,4kg with Continental der Baron and tubeless

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
Sweet, air shock aint bad either.

Which casing version of the Barons?

I found the Schwalbes of last season build a bit weak, I think at that time it was snakeskin (not SG for sure). So I'm back on Maxxis: now Assegai and DHR, but will go to DHR (as front) and Dissector as lighter faster summer set. All EXO's, with a rear lightweight insert only.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
protection apex. not sure tho what is a comparable casing from schwalbe for example. I also want to try maxxis next, but all the different casings were a bit confusing for me the first time I checked haha

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 21:39 Quote
Nice Tyee! I wonder what they are gonna do with so many used air shox if this is a common and long lasting problem. If I have understood right coil shock is very popular choise for both the Spindrift and Tyee.

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 1:38 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
Nice Tyee! I wonder what they are gonna do with so many used air shox if this is a common and long lasting problem. If I have understood right coil shock is very popular choise for both the Spindrift and Tyee.

Nothing, I can keep the air shock! They also delivered a different saddle color and will send me a second saddle in the right color without me having to send something back. They also used the 35mm stem instead of the 45 one and a 40mm rise bar, but these changes were final. They are not sending out air shocks to all coil orders atm from what I see in the german forum, I got one because my pd was 29.1., so I was almost waiting 2 months longer without them knowing when the coil will arrive.

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 2:39 Quote
Huber bushings is already on I see: did it feel much smoother when you pressed them in? Compared to the stock RS bushings?

BTW if you want to experiment in the meantime with the shock: the frame is pretty progressive, so you can remove volume spacers to get a more linear feel. Without risking of blowing through bottom out too quick. (That is why coils work so good with this frame too).

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
Yeah great difference! I have no ride comparison, but the original bolts were so tight that there was no violence free way of turning them inside the bushings. Had to press them out with a vice. So probably was the right choice to change to huber right away

I still have to experiment a bit more in general to find a good setup. So many suspension settings compared to my old bike...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013094
Mobile Version of Website