Post your Propain!

Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
Yes I did on my spindrift. Drove me insane.
Replaced with huber bushings and all is good. Super quiet. Super smooth.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 0:26 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Yes I did on my spindrift. Drove me insane.
Replaced with huber bushings and all is good. Super quiet. Super smooth.

After I replaced the original RS crap with Huber bushings it's super smooth....but terribly noisy...there must be something wrong

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 3:00 Quote
Second that, my Spindrift is incredibly noisy, despite everything I've tried. The downtube is filled with expanding foam, and the cables rattle inside the pre-installed tubes, nevermind the chain noise. Really dissappointing, my canyon from years ago was deadly quiet, really miss a quite bike!

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 3:46 Quote
That was really keeping me from paying the premium for CF: the reported cable ratling. Are the diameters of the guiding tubes way to big? Not possible to wrap the hose with a thin spiral protector, or some wraps of electrical tape every few cm to stop movement/noise?

The chainstay covered with a thin strip of inner tube helped quite a lot. I used quite tight cable ties to really tighten the gaps, as I found the chainstay protector to loose on the chain stay making it a speaker box. Might go for STFU in the future. Or some glue on soft rubber dampening.
Innertube strip and 4 tie rips to silence chainstay protector. Most forward tierip to keep cable from side knobs.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
Ralston88: Do you have cf frame? I don't have rattling problems with my al frame. Al frames have also better cs protector than the first cf models. There is kind of mastik tape peaces added and the cs protector material itself is softer plastik. Looks a bit different than Grumposaurs that has to be older version. I have still added one more mastik tape layer over the original tapes and now I don't hear any chain slap.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
Ralston88: Do you have cf frame? I don't have rattling problems with my al frame. Al frames have also better cs protector than the first cf models. There is kind of mastik tape peaces added and the cs protector material itself is softer plastik. Looks a bit different than Grumposaurs that has to be older version. I have still added one more mastik tape layer over the original tapes and now I don't hear any chain slap.
Mine is indeed from the first batches. It is made of real hard plastic all around. But with the rubber on top and tightened to the CS it is pretty ok now. Next step would be mastik or similar on top.

From his profile photos I figured he has an CF and of those you hear mixed reviews for the sound.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 4:42 Quote
Nice, they are finally appearing in the wild Smile

Posted: Mar 14, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
pnww wrote:
Lefterisghost wrote:
digavica wrote:
Hi guys, I just bought the new tyee and comes in February. I ordered super deluxe ultimate and now I’m questioning if I should get coil just because I heard that air shock is harsh with small bumps with this bike. Weight is important to me also because I like to pedal, so now I’m thinking if I should get the Megneg or just go for the coil, would you feel the difference? any experience with that?
Hi! Have your bike arrived? I am wondering if propain have delays issues with the orders.
Thanks

I was deliberating the same thing and in talking to folks at Propain it appears coil is a popular choice. I am very happy with the coil and I come from a more xc/backcountry big rides background and frankly the coil helps with techy climbs and has not held me back from big days at all. A little heavier but I don’t notice iton the ups and it is fantastic on the downs. Just my 2 cents.

Posted: Mar 14, 2022 at 12:12 Quote
saintvsdiabolus wrote:
photo
#dreams

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 9:57 Quote
phillcoates1991 wrote:
anyone get some creeking noises around the balbearing / centre of the frame
i did. Removed all bolts from pivots, cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and reinstalled with grease and proper torque. Dead silent everisince. Also runs smoother.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
What exact rear thru-axle current Tyee uses? What thread and length? I need to order a new one.

I have mesured thread as 1mm so I presume it's M12x1

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 1:17 Quote
Question for you guys, just purchased a 2018 Spindrift, headset is shot so need to replace it, anyone know what headset is needed? I spoke to propain who just gave me an exploded drawing of the frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 2:20 Quote
2017-2020 Spindrift uses IS42 and IS52 bearings headset bearings. So look for whichever manufacturer has integrated headset with those bearings

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
shoshy wrote:
2017-2020 Spindrift uses IS42 and IS52 bearings headset bearings. So look for whichever manufacturer has integrated headset with those bearings
Thank you, ordered a Cane Creek one. Appreciate the help!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018542
Mobile Version of Website