Post your Propain!

Author Message
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 22:47 Quote
@Grumposaur I bought my 2021 Tyee AL here on pinkbike. When it arrived, I noticed that the chainstay protector was hard plastic and that the fitment was kinda loose. I knew that I wasn't gonna like it so I removed it and installed a spare Enduro STFU. Bike has been quiet and trouble-free since the build.

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 2:38 Quote
bikeTrailsAndWaggingTails wrote:
@Grumposaur I bought my 2021 Tyee AL here on pinkbike. When it arrived, I noticed that the chainstay protector was hard plastic and that the fitment was kinda loose. I knew that I wasn't gonna like it so I removed it and installed a spare Enduro STFU. Bike has been quiet and trouble-free since the build.

photo

photo

I actually installed a Stfu yesterday. But for now just on top of the plastic protector. Big difference in noise. I do got a 30T front ring so it was hard to set up without any rubbing in biggest and smallest gear.

I did buy some VHS slapper tape and regular slapper tape. I was thinking of removing the original chainstay protector later like you did and fill the spot around the STFU with slapper tape. But realized after I put it on that would bring my STFU lower and I probably already cut 5mm to much for that in this first try.Facepalm

I think I will run it like this first.

I do have a wear pattern on my cranks where the chain hits, I'm going to put slapper taper there too. I hold my right crank in about a 8 o clock position and the end of the underside gets hits by the chain every now and then.


How is that fork? I cant get used to the looks of it.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
Wow I didn't expect that a propain bike can look ugly to me! that fork is really something special...Big Grin
do you know how much your bike weights like this?

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
lol...gents, trust me, the trust fork is fugly af. I've owned this fork since 2020 and it's still def out-of-this-world difficult to look at but they are ultra predictable during cornering, especially during panic braking.

As for the weight, I currently don't have any bananas at the house but the bike feels like a chunky monkey, especially now with a bomber cr coil shock on it.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
Looking to change it up from my Offering V1. Any of you folks ridden an offering and able to speak to the characteristics of the Hugene in comparison? Also wondering if the Tyee might be a better option. Mostly ride in the Sierra from Hough/Downieville to Tahoe. Not sending any big hits but ride aggressively through chunky terrain and small to medium sized doubles, drops.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
mmarkey21 wrote:
Looking to change it up from my Offering V1. Any of you folks ridden an offering and able to speak to the characteristics of the Hugene in comparison? Also wondering if the Tyee might be a better option. Mostly ride in the Sierra from Hough/Downieville to Tahoe. Not sending any big hits but ride aggressively through chunky terrain and small to medium sized doubles, drops.


One of my riding buddies just got a Tyee and I'm seriously thinking about moving to that from my Offering V1. Short ride I took on it was very enlightening, seems to pedal way better and have very good suspension. My buddy is in love with it.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 0:42 Quote
RusMan wrote:
mmarkey21 wrote:
Looking to change it up from my Offering V1. Any of you folks ridden an offering and able to speak to the characteristics of the Hugene in comparison? Also wondering if the Tyee might be a better option. Mostly ride in the Sierra from Hough/Downieville to Tahoe. Not sending any big hits but ride aggressively through chunky terrain and small to medium sized doubles, drops.


One of my riding buddies just got a Tyee and I'm seriously thinking about moving to that from my Offering V1. Short ride I took on it was very enlightening, seems to pedal way better and have very good suspension. My buddy is in love with it.

Just remember propain customer service is terrible. Bikes seem ok , but service is not there

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 2:06 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
RusMan wrote:
mmarkey21 wrote:
Looking to change it up from my Offering V1. Any of you folks ridden an offering and able to speak to the characteristics of the Hugene in comparison? Also wondering if the Tyee might be a better option. Mostly ride in the Sierra from Hough/Downieville to Tahoe. Not sending any big hits but ride aggressively through chunky terrain and small to medium sized doubles, drops.


One of my riding buddies just got a Tyee and I'm seriously thinking about moving to that from my Offering V1. Short ride I took on it was very enlightening, seems to pedal way better and have very good suspension. My buddy is in love with it.

Just remember propain customer service is terrible. Bikes seem ok , but service is not there
So you don’t actually have a bike, but still complain about customer service?

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 9:08 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
RusMan wrote:
mmarkey21 wrote:
Looking to change it up from my Offering V1. Any of you folks ridden an offering and able to speak to the characteristics of the Hugene in comparison? Also wondering if the Tyee might be a better option. Mostly ride in the Sierra from Hough/Downieville to Tahoe. Not sending any big hits but ride aggressively through chunky terrain and small to medium sized doubles, drops.


One of my riding buddies just got a Tyee and I'm seriously thinking about moving to that from my Offering V1. Short ride I took on it was very enlightening, seems to pedal way better and have very good suspension. My buddy is in love with it.

Just remember propain customer service is terrible. Bikes seem ok , but service is not there

Well their USA headquarters is about 2 hours away so I don't have a problem showing up and being my own hired goon....

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
Personally although had to wait 6 months in 2021, I thought their customer was great. The bike is fantastic, but their cable routing not so much, otherwise great bikes!

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 23:05 Quote
Hi, I'm using google translate to write I'm here (I'm from Chile) the issue is that I have a propain spindrift carbon and a few months ago it started with a strange sound which I still don't know where it comes from, it can be heard internally through the down tube
I emphasize that all the bolts are tightened with the proper torque and it has never been manipulated in a bad way, according to my mechanic, he says that the sound may be due to the internal wiring, but it is very rare since when hitting the rear wheel it tends to sound and it is very annoying I have a video but I don't know how to upload it to this platform anyway I'll leave my instagram in case someone can help me I'll send the video with pleasure
@antnsrrano

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
Might be getting a 27.5 Spindrift Al soon! Anything I should know? Also, I'm about 130 lbs, what coil rate should I get? I ride pretty hard and do lots of big hucks. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 7:04 Quote
I’m a bit confused about the size for Tyee AL 29.
M has a reach of 451 mm and is recommended height is between 168-182 cm.
L has a reach of 471 mm and is recommended between 178-192 cm.
They seem rather short compared to what I’m used to see recommended.

For example
* Trek Slash size ML has a reach of 469-474 depending on flipchip and is recommended for 166-179. Size M reach 450 is recommended for 161-172.
* Specialized Enduro S3 has a reach of 664 mm, recommended height is 165-180. S4 with reach 487 is recommended for 173-188
* Canyon Strive M, reach 475/485, recommended height is 172-185 cm.
* Orbea Rallon M 460mm, 160-180 cm, L 485mm 170-190.

My current bike is 475 mm which feels perfect for my 180 cm. Reason I need a new bike is the kid is starting to use my bike, one of us is going to use the Tyee, he is 176 cm and growing.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Thick-as-a-Brick wrote:
I’m a bit confused about the size for Tyee AL 29.
M has a reach of 451 mm and is recommended height is between 168-182 cm.
L has a reach of 471 mm and is recommended between 178-192 cm.
They seem rather short compared to what I’m used to see recommended.

For example
* Trek Slash size ML has a reach of 469-474 depending on flipchip and is recommended for 166-179. Size M reach 450 is recommended for 161-172.
* Specialized Enduro S3 has a reach of 664 mm, recommended height is 165-180. S4 with reach 487 is recommended for 173-188
* Canyon Strive M, reach 475/485, recommended height is 172-185 cm.
* Orbea Rallon M 460mm, 160-180 cm, L 485mm 170-190.

My current bike is 475 mm which feels perfect for my 180 cm. Reason I need a new bike is the kid is starting to use my bike, one of us is going to use the Tyee, he is 176 cm and growing.
I’m 1.80 and the L on a Tyee CF feels perfect. You can try mine for size if you’re in Stockholm.

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
Hey, guys! My inseam is 83cm, tyee Al M 29er. Do you think 185mm dropper will be OK? What about frame insertion length?


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015620
Mobile Version of Website