Post your Propain!

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 3:11 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
I did ask them to send it with tokens in but they said they couldn't do that so I bought some. Then it turned up and when I opened it there were two in it already. Winner!

sweet! thanks, brother. Propain just sent me the email confirming that my propain is undergoing the quality checks. damn i can't wait to ride that monster

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 4:59 Quote
Did anyone remember telling them your weight when ordering? I also asked about tokens and they said no, so I bought some front and rears before the bike arrived so I could tune it properly. Rear came packed and front had 1 or 2, cant remember. The point is, it was set up exactly how I would have done it. Should be fine.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
I did exactly the same huw. Don't remember telling them no. Ah well, I have spares now lol

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 23:12 Quote
Anyone ridiing the Hugene here ?

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 0:16 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
I did exactly the same huw. Don't remember telling them no. Ah well, I have spares now lol

well i know who can sell me a couple in case i needed them ahaha

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 2:29 Quote
Hey guys,
I'm looking to but the spindrift and I am a little worried about sizing. A couple months ago I asked Propain support which bike size I should buy and they told me frame size M. Now I saw that they updated the size chart but no geometry changes. This is what they wrote (and also now they suggested L size frame):
----
Hello Ivan,

the frame is still the same but we changed the size chart a little bit. We got different feedback from our customers.

Sorry for confusing!
----

Should I go for the L size? I'm 6 feet tall (182cm) with regular arms/legs length. I rode the spec enduro in L size and now ride a Giant Reign L size. Maybe the L size with 35mm stem would be correct? Anyone with same / similar height and L size? How is it?

Also, what is the warranty on the frame and parts? 3 years warranty + 3 years crash replacement and 2 years warranty on parts? Tnx in advance

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 5:02 Quote
KrpaZg wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm looking to but the spindrift and I am a little worried about sizing. A couple months ago I asked Propain support which bike size I should buy and they told me frame size M. Now I saw that they updated the size chart but no geometry changes. This is what they wrote (and also now they suggested L size frame):
----
Hello Ivan,

the frame is still the same but we changed the size chart a little bit. We got different feedback from our customers.

Sorry for confusing!
----

Should I go for the L size? I'm 6 feet tall (182cm) with regular arms/legs length. I rode the spec enduro in L size and now ride a Giant Reign L size. Maybe the L size with 35mm stem would be correct? Anyone with same / similar height and L size? How is it?

Also, what is the warranty on the frame and parts? 3 years warranty + 3 years crash replacement and 2 years warranty on parts? Tnx in advance

Hi mate, I was in the same boat and I'm 179cm. I went for large and it's fine. Feels good for me and with the 150mm fox transfer all the way into the frame it's the perfect height for pedalling. With the saddle down I can still feel it hitting my legs just above the knees but it's not in the way really and I just need to get used to it is all as my previous bike was a medium frame and alot shorter in the seat tube.

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 5:13 Quote
KrpaZg wrote:
Hey guys,
----
Hello Ivan,

Sorry for confusing!
----

Large easily.

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 5:34 Quote
KrpaZg wrote:
Hey guys,
----
Hello Ivan,

Sorry for confusing!
----

I went for the large, I'm 1.81, and just swap the stem for a 35mm (instead of the 50mm). It's just perfect, and i would NEVER buy a Medium.

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 5:38 Quote
Voxran wrote:
KrpaZg wrote:
Hey guys,
----
Hello Ivan,

Sorry for confusing!
----

I went for the large, I'm 1.81, and just swap the stem for a 35mm (instead of the 50mm). It's just perfect, and i would NEVER buy a Medium.

1:83 here, went for the L with the 35 mm stem. i like the bike more stable than playful, though.

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
Hey,
Tnx all for the info. I'll go with the L size with 35mm stem. Kinda like more stable bike's with longer reach. Cheers

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
Been out on the Spindrift today on local trails. So love this bike. It climbs well, and absolutely smashed the down hill. Soaks up anything, even my crappy case landings.
I have found it’s weakness though. The bearings are made of cheese! Changed headset recently, now B.B. making a horrible clicking. Oh well. ????

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 0:41 Quote
photo

boys, it's here! best bike i have ever had!

i've got a question though, about the Cura4. i wasn't abel to fully break'em in yesterday (i just took it for a spin around the city), has anyone had similar experience? long break in period?

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 1:31 Quote
Never used Acura, but standard process is to find a big hill and ride down dragging the breaks to bed them in. If you did lots of short sharp stops, you may have glazed the pads.

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 1:32 Quote
* Cura
Damn autocorrect...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022364
Mobile Version of Website