Post your Propain!

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 20:26 Quote
Oh well, guess that kills that idea!

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 14:24 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
declanmtb wrote:
I'm looking at maybe getting a Tyee or a Spindrift, any help as to how they climb and also does the shock get scratched/too muddy in that position?
Churrrrrrr

Can't speak for the spindrift but the tyee climbs very well, find myself getting up stuff I would spin out on with other bikes. back wheel just kind of gets out of the way of everything no awkward hangups its hard to explain. shock seems fine havent done much mud yet but has a small fender to keep stuff off the stantion of the shock, reckon its no worse than most bikes!

How does the Tyee descend? Mainly for jumps and rocky Dh and shit

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:06 Quote
declanmtb wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:
declanmtb wrote:
I'm looking at maybe getting a Tyee or a Spindrift, any help as to how they climb and also does the shock get scratched/too muddy in that position?
Churrrrrrr

Can't speak for the spindrift but the tyee climbs very well, find myself getting up stuff I would spin out on with other bikes. back wheel just kind of gets out of the way of everything no awkward hangups its hard to explain. shock seems fine havent done much mud yet but has a small fender to keep stuff off the stantion of the shock, reckon its no worse than most bikes!

How does the Tyee descend? Mainly for jumps and rocky Dh and shit

Jumps really well rode laps of dirt merchant all day friday and never felt that comfortable on a trail bike. chunky rough fast trails does good, longest trail bike ive had so feels very stable, stays pretty composed through most stuff. Have to keep an eye on the lower shock bolt and if I had to change out one thing think id switch the monarch rc3 out, its good but not super awesome over large and medium sized hits as other shocks Ive had (fox)

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
Anyone got a spindrift and care to give a review? Considering getting one and want to know what they're like to live with.
Any comments on support from the company welcome too.
Phil Atwill certainly makes them look good!

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 0:34 Quote
dontrideontheroads wrote:
Anyone got a spindrift and care to give a review? Considering getting one and want to know what they're like to live with.
Any comments on support from the company welcome too.
Phil Atwill certainly makes them look good!

I don't have one personally but I know a guy who does own one.
He really enjoys it, one thing he did note is that the paint is/was soft so maybe some downtube protection could be a good idea if you think that would bother you.
He also said for the spindrift he'd avoid getting the DB inline air shock if that's still an option for the 2018 models.

Propain have their own forum on mtb-news.de (https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/f/propain-bicycles.249/) which is a nice resource, just translate stuff as needed. They seem to be decent with customer support even though their main language is German and they're fairly active on those forums.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 1:15 Quote
Propain tyee 2018
Just got this yesterday!

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
PeatJones wrote:
Propain tyee 2018
Just got this yesterday!

Love the frame/decal colors looks mint!

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 0:45 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
PeatJones wrote:
Propain tyee 2018
Just got this yesterday!

Cheers! Was my first ride on my local trails with it yesterday. Compared to my steel hardtail it's miles quicker on the rougher stuff!
Do you find that the lower shock bolt becomes loose easy enough?

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
PeatJones wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:
PeatJones wrote:
Propain tyee 2018
Just got this yesterday!

Cheers! Was my first ride on my local trails with it yesterday. Compared to my steel hardtail it's miles quicker on the rougher stuff!

Yes definitely.. probably every 2 or 3 rides it come loose and when it does it feels like there is way more play than there should be like 5mm of play up and down.. have you found a way to stop it? locktite doesnt seem to do it

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 23:53 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
PeatJones wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:

Yes definitely.. probably every 2 or 3 rides it come loose and when it does it feels like there is way more play than there should be like 5mm of play up and down.. have you found a way to stop it? locktite doesnt seem to do it

I haven't noticed it yet since the bike is only a few rides old. I'll have a look the next time i head out!
I would've been hoping that loctite would do the trick...

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 0:07 Quote
sawa1 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14902277/
My Propain TwoFace

Nice bike! Is the twoface like the tyee?

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 11:01 Quote
Propain Tyee 2015

- Tyee -
Owning this thing since 2015 and still loving it....

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
sawa1 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14902277/
My Propain TwoFace

Nice bike! Is the twoface like the tyee?

same main frame but less travel ! (140mm I think)

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
badillac wrote:
Propain Tyee 2015

- Tyee -
Owning this thing since 2015 and still loving it....

That thing is dope! like the colours. do you live in van?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008003
Mobile Version of Website