Post your Propain!

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
Agustinale wrote:
How can I get a Propain Bicycle in the United States? I am looking for a SPINDRIFT.

Send it to me. I’ll forward it on. (Just make sure it’s large, high spec, and in yellow! Haha)

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
Just found out my xt cranks have been rubbing the frame on the left side by the bearing.
Really annoying at it only rubs when the bikes unsagged and has rubbed the paint off.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
Oh man I thought they figured it out by now.

My Rotor 30mm BSA bearings for the cranks where to big, they also hit the frame when you don't sit on it.
the change to Shimano BSA and 24mm axels did the job. I am running Aeffect cranks right now.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
Danbarker101 wrote:
Just had an update that the Mars Red Tyee frame in Large will not be available until mid July!

I really feel for you guys on this, and I think it’s very unfair of propain to do this. Companies know their supply chain and should know what’s available and when. I sold my old bike so even waiting 6 weeks was a stretch. The reviews of canyon doing this are what put me off them so I guess I just got lucky by picking black! I nearly picked raw until I realised it is not lacquered so will need regular polishing.

What I can say is that the Tyee rides really well, the Lyrik fork is very plush and the rear feels very smooth. Climbing there is zero bob and it goes up well from the short ride (13miles) I’ve done so far. I’ll be testing it out at Bike park wales soon so will really see what it’s like. I’ve come from a 2015 Giant reign and so far it’s a nice improvement from the giant but my Tyee has a higher spec than my reign did so that plays a part.

I would post some pics of the Tyee but couldn’t figure out how to do it sorry.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
Agustinale wrote:
How can I get a Propain Bicycle in the United States? I am looking for a SPINDRIFT.

The same way we get frames that are sold in NA only (or other things): Import them.

But this gets expensive- 100-200 USD for the delivery and then youll need to add import taxes- so it gets expensive..

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
England87 wrote:
The reviews of canyon doing this are what put me off them so I guess I just got lucky by picking black

I think this is the main issue with direct sale brands: relatively small production and you cannot relay on dates. Thats a pity, seriously when this will end I am not sure if I will ever buy anything from direct sellers. Propain failed on all levels starting from communication till the simpliest PR. I am so dissapointed that I could write a novel about that....

Ps: raw without any clear coating is a total misunderstanding

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Someone’s got some Propain’s...

https://singletrackworld.com/2019/05/e72-000-worth-of-bikes-stolen-from-propain-bicycles/

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
johnyyy wrote:
England87 wrote:
The reviews of canyon doing this are what put me off them so I guess I just got lucky by picking black

I think this is the main issue with direct sale brands: relatively small production and you cannot relay on dates. Thats a pity, seriously when this will end I am not sure if I will ever buy anything from direct sellers. Propain failed on all levels starting from communication till the simpliest PR. I am so dissapointed that I could write a novel about that....

Ps: raw without any clear coating is a total misunderstanding

My understanding from checking is the raw is exactly that, it comes without any lacquer and will tarnish

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
I just talked with the guys at propain and they said that Propain is coming to the U.S next year and maybe even sooner.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
Had some creaking coming from my rear end, so to speak.... Thought it was BB bearings (changed) then wheel bearings (checked and fine), turns out it was the shock bearings. I got the harder wearings ones too.

All changed and quite again now, apart from the really noisy rear hub!!!

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 6:46 Quote
Shock bushing play and creak seem to be very common on VPP bikes as there is extensive movements. My Santa ate the first Rockshox bushing in two months, however the fox igus bushing I replaced it with have been solid for the last 14 months! So my suggestion is to update the bushing from the standard metal ones to fox igus, or maybe needle bearings.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 3:26 Quote
Anyone tried RockShox MegNeg Air Can on Spindrift?

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
Looking at getting either the Tyee or Spindrift, swaying towards the Spindrift but I’m just wondering how well it does it cope in the tight corners and switchbacks? there are a lot of them here in Scotland. And if I was to go Tyee do you think Propain would bump the forks up to 170 if I asked? Final question, what sort of building is involved when the bike arrives? Thanks in advance

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
Just received my Tyee, finally and to build it the following is required.
Fit wheels
Attach handlebars to stem
Attach seat to seatpost
Install rear mech
Put air in shocks and tyres
Add sealant to tyres

All fairly basic stuff and not difficult.

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
Lockhart wrote:
Looking at getting either the Tyee or Spindrift, swaying towards the Spindrift but I’m just wondering how well it does it cope in the tight corners and switchbacks? there are a lot of them here in Scotland. And if I was to go Tyee do you think Propain would bump the forks up to 170 if I asked? Final question, what sort of building is involved when the bike arrives? Thanks in advance

Tight switchbacks are not the Spindrift forte, in my opinion. the bike is fantastic but it's still a 180mm freeride steamroller so you may want to go withthe tyee, if that's the kind of riding you do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012829
Mobile Version of Website