Post your Propain!

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
Lockhart wrote:
Looking at getting either the Tyee or Spindrift, swaying towards the Spindrift but I’m just wondering how well it does it cope in the tight corners and switchbacks? there are a lot of them here in Scotland. And if I was to go Tyee do you think Propain would bump the forks up to 170 if I asked? Final question, what sort of building is involved when the bike arrives? Thanks in advance
The old Tyee was equipped with an 170mm fork...theyll do that I suppose, otherwise you can still bump Up the travel by yourself.

I would get the Tyee as its more friendly on less gnarlye trails but still descends fast... Also you can Install a shorter shock and make it an Tyee AM.

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
I dont see a problem with corners, if you master the endo and the wheelie it is not a problem or if you are the scrublord.
I just get back from Italy with the Spindrift , Finale Ligure and nothing was to tight.
I prefer a longer WB/Reach for just going straight and don't care for stones anymore..

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
I’ve not found a trail corner I couldn’t get round yet, and there are some really tight ones at my local B1KEPARK.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
ok, the last few messages made me realize that i suck at switchbacks Whip

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
Bruccio wrote:
ok, the last few messages made me realize that i suck at switchbacks Whip
Well you can't be good at everything. I suck at jumps as an example.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 2:31 Quote
And I am very good at steep climbs Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
Has anyone else had any issues with poor quality? Maybe my expectations were wrong but when i order a 5000f bike i expect things to be perfect. For example the fork was listed as the new boxxer ultimate, but they just supplied last years WC model. When the bike arrived, there was no manual, nothing indicating how to build the bike or what was already done and so on. As I inspected the bike, I found that one of the front spokes is quite bent and the gears are absolutely not adjusted what so ever. Now that I fixed that, I noticed that when pedalling under pressure, theres a worrying noise coming from the rear hub. I was also expecting the logos and decals to be painted on the bike and not stickers, as the glue is poor quality one of the stickers started ripping off when I took it off the bike stand clamp. On the rear hub, there seems to be an issue with the brushing behind the cassette as they only cover half the hub. Im really quite disappointed and propain isn't cooperating properly. Anyone else have issues like these?

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Also, the rear shock cant be adjusted on the bike as the frame gets in the way of any tool. The dhx2 is what im talking about. Very disappointing

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
GregWellard wrote:
Also, the rear shock cant be adjusted on the bike as the frame gets in the way of any tool. The dhx2 is what im talking about. Very disappointing
I guess you are talking about the Rage.
Well on the Spindrift it was the same for any shock with the dials. Decals are still that way? My frame was custom painted by them and the quality is really poor. I also purchased a complete bike and everything was fine but I also changed a lot of it.
What Propain is good at or was good at is the customer service, write them or phone them.
Is the fork listed as the Ultimate?

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
Finally got my new Tyee and first ride impressions are good. Still needs a bit of fine tuning but definitely an improvement on my old bike.

photo

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 1:04 Quote
And some photos before I took it out in the mud and rain.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 4:29 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
GregWellard wrote:
I guess you are talking about the Rage.
Well on the Spindrift it was the same for any shock with the dials. Decals are still that way? My frame was custom painted by them and the quality is really poor. I also purchased a complete bike and everything was fine but I also changed a lot of it.
What Propain is good at or was good at is the customer service, write them or phone them.
Is the fork listed as the Ultimate?

it was listed as the ultimate when I bought it

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 4:50 Quote
Oh my god, I love the Spindrift!!!

Had another awesome session at Windhill B!KEPARK Saturday. The better I get, the better the bike seems to be. Loving it.

Can't comment on the quality issues though.... Mine was/is fine. Hope you get it sorted.
The stickers/decals are shit though....

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 7:46 Quote
Had to do some improvements on my Spindrift for the summer... Beer
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Voxran wrote:
Had to do some improvements on my Spindrift for the summer... Beer
I am not really into RAW frames because I work with VA, Aluminium , Steel and other non-ferrous metals everyday but I must say this looks really awesome especially because you only have two colors, sort of when I count the decals als silver Big Grin

Did you remove the 5mm travel spacer on the Super Deluxe? If not , do it because you get 195mm rear travel with this and the damper works overall better.
What drivetrain do you use on it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015789
Mobile Version of Website