Post your Propain!

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
huw169 wrote:
Made some changes to my rear shock last night as I don’t feel I’m getting a good enough mid range platform to boost off ramps with.
Was 260psi with 3 tokens and 3 clicks of rebound.
Gone to 2 tokens and 275psi with 5 clicks
I’m 95kgs
Off to Morzine next Friday.

You are talking about RS RCT shock? How much kg are you?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
Super Deluxe RC3 on Spindrift
95 kgs

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
Update: after nearly 2 moths Propain have still not been able to send me replacement parts or compensation for the wrong/damaged stuff they gave me. Extremely disappointed with the quality even if it was pretty cheap for the spec. (well if the spec worked properly then maybe). Anyways they have stopped answering my messages since like 2 weeks ago so I've given up on them but before I can ride what I have I need to know, does your rear thru axle also only screw on one end and thats it? On my rage it just screws into the frame on the other end and there no bolt to screw on there, which means that the thru axle thread is just exposed and to me its not very safe to ride if its only screwed on one side. Thanks

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
12 mm axel screwed into frame. I don’t understand the issue. It’s exactly like most forks. Neither has ever let me down.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Has anyone on here hit the Chatel River Gap???

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
hi guys, i have just ordered myself a 2019 spindrift frame but i am stuck on deciding whether to go coil or air on back! im building it as a freeride jumpbike so its main use will be on big jumps,big berms at high speed such as black mountain ,revs etc i weigh 85kg without gear on and some things ive read about the rear design being linear is putting me off the coil shock but propain recommend coil for bike park! maybe they are thinking of long descents in which coil is more durable. can you achive good rampup on a coil with high speed compression? any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks,sean

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
GregWellard wrote:
Update: after nearly 2 moths Propain have still not been able to send me replacement parts or compensation for the wrong/damaged stuff they gave me. Extremely disappointed with the quality even if it was pretty cheap for the spec. (well if the spec worked properly then maybe). Anyways they have stopped answering my messages since like 2 weeks ago so I've given up on them but before I can ride what I have I need to know, does your rear thru axle also only screw on one end and thats it? On my rage it just screws into the frame on the other end and there no bolt to screw on there, which means that the thru axle thread is just exposed and to me its not very safe to ride if its only screwed on one side. Thanks

Could you post a picture of your rage and the damages ?

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
guiv34 wrote:
GregWellard wrote:

Could you post a picture of your rage and the damages ?
The thru axle on my bike has a thread and does not need a bolt. Old bikes are the ones that usually come with a bolt on the end to screw on. When screwed in you should be able to see the axle on the threaded side. If it is sticking out you have a problem. but it is ok if you can see it in the bikes chainstay. It should use every single thread that is in your chainstay.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
seansaxon wrote:
hi guys, i have just ordered myself a 2019 spindrift frame but i am stuck on deciding whether to go coil or air on back! im building it as a freeride jumpbike so its main use will be on big jumps,big berms at high speed such as black mountain ,revs etc i weigh 85kg without gear on and some things ive read about the rear design being linear is putting me off the coil shock but propain recommend coil for bike park! maybe they are thinking of long descents in which coil is more durable. can you achive good rampup on a coil with high speed compression? any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks,sean

Coil Spindrift for jumps? Only if you overspring it by 100 lbs. Go air, or go progressive spring. Regular spring is a no-go.
Can't think of a situation where I'd prefer regular coil on SD. But maby that's just my riding...

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 0:51 Quote
Thankyou for quick response,everything is pointing towards the air shock. I didnt realise you can buy progressive springs also.I was going to go 50 pound heavier as I ride a stiff bike to a 550 spring to compensate but maybe that not enough now....
Thanks

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
Boys i just returned from a week in Saalbach with my spindrift and....what a fine piece of engineering she is! she ate everything i could throw at her and asked for MOAR. great trails + great bike = great fun. Loving it more and more.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-9jveya1px5nc6smDidvv9gICvvpHrbd

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=103QsyvH54ID0eh5LaySg_3JLqJ3YAvpC

Basically I can't get the creaking to stop and I can't get the breaks to stop rubbing, I can align them so they stop rubbing but as soon as I use them it rubs pretty severely and slows the wheels down. The rest is just general stuff I saw that seemed damaged and stuff. Also when the bike arrived most of the bolts were over tightened or under tightened, I had to torque it all but one of the things that was loose was the fork. I've tightened the top cap firmly and then the top crown pinch bolts as I used to on my very old dh but it seems to get loose again every time. Also they didnt send me the fork that was on my order confirmation, they asked me to send proof of it and when I sent them the screenshot of my order confirmation they just stopped answering me, its been nearly 2 weeks so I'm on my own now.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
GregWellard wrote:

Basically I can't get the creaking to stop and I can't get the breaks to stop rubbing, I can align them so they stop rubbing but as soon as I use them it rubs pretty severely and slows the wheels down. The rest is just general stuff I saw that seemed damaged and stuff. Also when the bike arrived most of the bolts were over tightened or under tightened, I had to torque it all but one of the things that was loose was the fork. I've tightened the top cap firmly and then the top crown pinch bolts as I used to on my very old dh but it seems to get loose again every time. Also they didnt send me the fork that was on my order confirmation, they asked me to send proof of it and when I sent them the screenshot of my order confirmation they just stopped answering me, its been nearly 2 weeks so I'm on my own now.

That's shocking. I've been wanting to get a Rage for a while but it seems you're not the only person with a bad apple.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
GregWellard wrote:

Basically I can't get the creaking to stop and I can't get the breaks to stop rubbing, I can align them so they stop rubbing but as soon as I use them it rubs pretty severely and slows the wheels down. The rest is just general stuff I saw that seemed damaged and stuff. Also when the bike arrived most of the bolts were over tightened or under tightened, I had to torque it all but one of the things that was loose was the fork. I've tightened the top cap firmly and then the top crown pinch bolts as I used to on my very old dh but it seems to get loose again every time. Also they didn't send me the fork that was on my order confirmation, they asked me to send proof of it and when I sent them the screenshot of my order confirmation they just stopped answering me, its been nearly 2 weeks so I'm on my own now.

I struggle with this as I just can't believe a bike would ship with so many problems. How do you know the bolts were over tightened. The undo torque is typically higher than the tighten torque due to the break away friction. The ones that loosen, put some threadlock in.
Loosen brakes, squeeze lever, tighten brakes. If piston sticking, it may be a service, but it wont be both unless you are causing the issue somehow.

I have to say, my experience based on my one bike from this company has been totally the opposite to yours. The lower shock bolt came loose once, I sorted it. they forgot to send the spare derailleur hanger I ordered. One mail and it's in the post.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I know the written word can be easily miss-understood, but are your expectations fully met in other areas of your life, or is this a regular situation for you? I'm just trying to gauge if you are overly picky.

It could also be that there sales have gone up and they are under pressure to deliver. Maybe you just got the unlucky rushed through bike. But Propain rely on delivering a quality product as they do not have a big marketting budget, so I can't see this happening.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010634
Mobile Version of Website