Post your Propain!

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
Well...
-air is progressive and spring is linear
-u can easily tune the progressiveness of an air shock by adding volume spacers
-air is more user friendly, you can tune your suspension using just a shock pump.
-air is lighter by far
-some say that spring is more sensitive...I'll test that in a bit, the new bike(rage) has an air shock and the old one had a spring shock.

did i miss something?

doesn't the factory dh team run coils on the rage this year?

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Thanks for answer and i am waiting for your test results Wink

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
I want to race an ews 100 next year. My spindrift is a great bike but obviously isn’t as rapid climbing as a tyee or other more focussed enduro bike. I’m even considering a 29er from a different company.
That being said, I’m not going to be really competitive so I’m considering an e bike as a training tool. Something burly like the ekano or a kenevo or similar.
What’s the thoughts? I see it as being able to increase my gravity based bike time by 5 times or more which will make a far bigger difference than a different race bike I’d say. The spindrift is far more capable than I am.
Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
GregWellard wrote:

Depending on the track, they run whatever makes them even 0.1s faster. Let's not forget they have mechanics, they have all the spring rates available and whatnot. They are on a different level, to say the least.
But for us I think having the possibility to easily tune your shock in the parking lot, depending on the track you ride, makes a big difference. It happened to me more than once to want to change the spring rate at the track but didn't have spare springs with me.

As for my "test results"...I'll have to wait a bit as I started recovery due to a shattered metacarpal bone. The new Rage is coming in today and I can't ride it...bummer

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
GregWellard wrote:

Depending on the track, they run whatever makes them even 0.1s faster. Let's not forget they have mechanics, they have all the spring rates available and whatnot. They are on a different level, to say the least.
But for us I think having the possibility to easily tune your shock in the parking lot, depending on the track you ride, makes a big difference. It happened to me more than once to want to change the spring rate at the track but didn't have spare springs with me.

As for my "test results"...I'll have to wait a bit as I started recovery due to a shattered metacarpal bone. The new Rage is coming in today and I can't ride it...bummer

Welcome to propain family Cristi Big Grin

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 19:48 Quote
ilovecatsandbikes wrote:

Welcome to propain family Cristi Big Grin

Cheers!
Beer Beer

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
Guys i looking forward to buy a spindrift frame and i have many doubt about the size. I'm 186cm.
i'm currently riding a gt sanction L that i feel short, would you go for L or XL size?

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
Go for XL. I had my doubts about going L with 179, but i could've easily gone with even longer reach.
No doubt about XL on your size, L would be "flickable" as they put it, or cramped.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 4:43 Quote
I’m 185cm and have L. I’ve not felt at all cramped.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
kajto01 wrote:
First lime Spindrift in Poland Cool
Cześć. Super sprzęt. Możesz doradzić w kwestii rozmiaru ramy . Bujam się z zamówieniem w wersji performance i nienwiem czy iść w L i krótki mostek 35 czy M i oryginal na 50mm.
Mam 178.5.cm wzrostu. Jak pisałem do nich to powiedzieli że jak chce stabilności przy większych prędkościach to brać L ale chce bardziej do zabawy i technicznych tras to M . Co radzisz. ?

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
Tomaszcz wrote:
kajto01 wrote:
First lime Spindrift in Poland Cool
Cześć. Super sprzęt. Możesz doradzić w kwestii rozmiaru ramy . Bujam się z zamówieniem w wersji performance i nienwiem czy iść w L i krótki mostek 35 czy M i oryginal na 50mm.
Mam 178.5.cm wzrostu. Jak pisałem do nich to powiedzieli że jak chce stabilności przy większych prędkościach to brać L ale chce bardziej do zabawy i technicznych tras to M . Co radzisz. ?
Cześć, ja mam 183 cm i wybrałem L z mostkiem 50mm bo akurat nie było innej opcji. Ogólnie lubię większe rowery przez to, że są stabilniejsze a i tak więcej nim spędzam czasu w powietrzu niż na technicznych trasach. Na większym rozmiarze również przyjmuje prawidłową pozycję. Przy moim wzroście ta konfiguracja się sprawdza idealnie choć rozważam krótki mostek. Wydaje mi się, że przy twoim wzroście lepiej byłoby celowac w M jeżeli rower ma być do latania i w bike- park ale rozmiar L z krótkim mostkiem może być również dobry do takiej zabawy lecz bardziej stabilny na trudnych zjazdach. Jeśli masz ochotę to zapraszam na przymiarkę.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
Dzięki za info i zaproszenie do przymiarki. Gdzie można Cię znaleźć albo jak się skontaktować. A z ciekawości jesteś w stanie zmierzyć odległość od osi kierownicy przy mostku do osi sztycy wyciagnietej. Byłbym wdzięczny. Na yt oglądałem film gdzie dwóch gości składało propeina w M przy wzroście 178 i182 i na sztycy 160mm . Komentowali że.do wzrostu 178 to idealny rozmiar ale jeśli chce się większej stabilności i prędkość i to trzeba iść w L .
Pozdr.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
caval wrote:
Guys i looking forward to buy a spindrift frame and i have many doubt about the size. I'm 186cm.
i'm currently riding a gt sanction L that i feel short, would you go for L or XL size?

I m 183 and got an size L. I would choose an XL...

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 1:27 Quote
A question to my fellow Propain-owners:

Is there alot of room for adjustment on your rear brakes? On my Propain-hubs I had a pretty small margin, but always managed to center the caliper to the disk as long as the preload was correct (which it changed itself on occasions for no reason, but anyway). Now however, I have replaced the hub with a Pro4 and it is impossible to adjust it correctly to ensure no rubbing. As seen in the picture below, I have the screws loosened slightly and can still just about manage to center the caliper to the disk. When thightening the screws, the caliper of course goes slightly more out and it is impossible. Apart from shimsing the disk, I can't see any fix for this. The axle is tight and seem undamaged, the hanger tightened and so forth. Anyone else with a similar problem?

https://imgur.com/a/p93JmgF

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 1:43 Quote
Did you by any chance buy non boost hub and laced your wheel around it?
Other than that, there is absolutely no reason why brake caliper would misalign with rotor.

There is nothing special or proprietary in Propain rear ends and hubs.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013504
Mobile Version of Website