Post your Propain!

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
Lordy1987 wrote:
Awesome thanks for the feedback. Think I will initially go for a coil as never ridden with one before and just want to see how it handles, can can always swap to a shock if I don't get on with it. Cool I'll go with a Large , (I did initially think I"d be a large but Propain said medium so put me off). Yeah me its toss u between the Raw and Black...it shouldn't be this hard Confused
Unless majority of your riding is pointed down you'll want an air shock. To get it to behave all around on a coil you will need to go 50lbs more on the spring rate & run around 20-25% sag with as little or no preload.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Hi all, I'm running the fox float x2 and unless I drop the shock mounting bolt out I can't adjust the compression. I have fabricated a tiny Allen key but it still doesn't have the turning circle. Has anyone adapted a tool and if so could you post us a photo. Thanks in advance.
Sean saxon

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Bruccio wrote:
this guy, here. quote 100% even if i'd like to try out the coil, for the mora parky day. was thinking of selling one of my kidneys to get a EXT Storia Lok V3, it has an hydraulic bottom out that would be perfect to counteract the linearity of the Spindrift frame. i can tell that the suspension scheme Pro10 is really something else. smooth, controlled, i'm 1:83 x 87kg and use the RS SD with 3 tokens. never had a harsh bottom out.

Storia would be the bees knees. BUT, does it fit? And can you reach the adjustments?
If can't add a click here or there when it feels wrong just sucks..

this summer EXT was organizing a test day at Fai della Paganella bike park (of course, the weekend after i returned back to Germany from summer vacations -_-) and they requested to send them your bike and weight so that they could tune your shock. Friends have been there and told me that there were a few Spindrifts (dunnow if 2019 or 2018 frames, i personally have the 201Cool . I plan to write them an email, i'm sure they know if it fits or not, and eventually next time i go to my house in italy (that is 30 km away from EXT headquarters) i'll pay them a visit. i'll let you guys know, if you're interested.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
Bruccio wrote:
this summer EXT was organizing a test day at Fai della Paganella bike park (of course, the weekend after i returned back to Germany from summer vacations -_-) and they requested to send them your bike and weight so that they could tune your shock. Friends have been there and told me that there were a few Spindrifts (dunnow if 2019 or 2018 frames, i personally have the 201Cool . I plan to write them an email, i'm sure they know if it fits or not, and eventually next time i go to my house in italy (that is 30 km away from EXT headquarters) i'll pay them a visit. i'll let you guys know, if you're interested.

By all means, write about it here. It would be nice to know how it works

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
Lordy1987 wrote:
Awesome thanks for the feedback. Think I will initially go for a coil as never ridden with one before and just want to see how it handles, can can always swap to a shock if I don't get on with it. Cool I'll go with a Large , (I did initially think I"d be a large but Propain said medium so put me off). Yeah its a toss up between the Raw and Black...it shouldn't be this hard Confused but I keep going back and forth

Definitely go large...I'm 175cm on a medium and could have easily fitted a large. There's only 20mm difference and I'm running a 50mm stem anyway. Smile

Also, I love my raw finish. If it gets scratched or scuffed you can wire wool it back to new, no messing about with invisiwrap nonsense lol

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
cheers dude, will deffo go large then. you got a pick of your raw set up? love that way you can customise the bike to how you want it with decals etc

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Acodin wrote:
Thanks for answer and i am waiting for your test results Wink

So today I tested the new bike(Rage al) with the air shock(fox).
It feels great! It's plush, it didn't bottom out and I didn't play with the shock settings yet...maybe will add some more volume spacers. Coming from an YT tues with Rockshox r2c coil, the Rage feels awsome. On the YT i would bottom out pretty hard(on the same tracks) with a spring that was harder than recommended for my weight.
The bike feels lively, jumps very good and it's nimble compared with the YT Tues.

All in all, Fox float X2 is a great shock for a fun day.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
Acodin wrote:
Thanks for answer and i am waiting for your test results Wink

So today I tested the new bike(Rage al) with the air shock(fox).
It feels great! It's plush, it didn't bottom out and I didn't play with the shock settings yet...maybe will add some more volume spacers. Coming from an YT tues with Rockshox r2c coil, the Rage feels awsome. On the YT i would bottom out pretty hard(on the same tracks) with a spring that was harder than recommended for my weight.
The bike feels lively, jumps very good and it's nimble compared with the YT Tues.

All in all, Fox float X2 is a great shock for a fun day.

how many spacers have you got in the can? the X2 has a pretty big air chamber, i wonder if the Rage shares the linearity of the frame cinematics with the Spindrift.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
I think I got 2 spacers and room for 3 more. As far as I can tell, the frame is pretty linear.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
Thanks for memory mamutWink . I hope you tested on harder trails with big rocks etc.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
Acodin wrote:
Thanks for memory mamutWink . I hope you tested on harder trails with big rocks etc.

Well yeah, that's what I've got it forBig Grin
Today i went even harder and I'm happy with the rear end, although it bottoms out(gotta play with the settings) I don't feel it, it's not harsh and the grip is excellent.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
Acodin wrote:

Today i went even harder and I'm happy with the rear end, although it bottoms out(gotta play with the settings) I don't feel it, it's not harsh and the grip is excellent.

I've got 5 or 6 volume spacers.... Its full anyway and I weigh 85 kg and I run 25 percent sag in rear and its perfect. Using the low and high speed compression a couple clicks up and down from middle gives me super plush to super stiff and composed for big jumps. I haven't bottomed out yet and I'm on a spindrift.... I do run a stiff bike mind but the settings on x2 are so good

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
seansaxon wrote:
mamut500 wrote:
Acodin wrote:

I've got 5 or 6 volume spacers.... Its full anyway and I weigh 85 kg and I run 25 percent sag in rear and its perfect. Using the low and high speed compression a couple clicks up and down from middle gives me super plush to super stiff and composed for big jumps. I haven't bottomed out yet and I'm on a spindrift.... I do run a stiff bike mind but the settings on x2 are so good

Thanks for the advice, I'll try thattup

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
My current set up guys. Spindrift 2019 full mullet set up with an Ohlins RXF36 M2 160 29, it's so good!

Propain Spindrift 2019 Mullet set up. Ohlins RXF36 M.2 160mm 29

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 1:52 Quote
chapmanchap wrote:
My current set up guys. Spindrift 2019 full mullet set up with an Ohlins RXF36 M2 160 29, it's so good!

Propain Spindrift 2019 Mullet set up. Ohlins RXF36 M.2 160mm 29

That's awesome! I've never seen a mullet spindrift. Great idea!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012544
Mobile Version of Website