Post your Propain!

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
chapmanchap wrote:
My current set up guys. Spindrift 2019 full mullet set up with an Ohlins RXF36 M2 160 29, it's so good!

Propain Spindrift 2019 Mullet set up. Ohlins RXF36 M.2 160mm 29

WOW...nice setup Eek

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
chapmanchap wrote:
My current set up guys. Spindrift 2019 full mullet set up with an Ohlins RXF36 M2 160 29, it's so good!

That’s an XXX classified bike

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
Cheers guys! True that the full stealth look suits the bike quite good! Loving that current set up.
The difference of travel hasn't been an issue and the bike still feels balanced. The damping being good on the Ohlins, the fork stays high in its travel, not digging too deep. Plus, the bigger front wheel rolls better over obstacles, requiring less travel. I wouldn't have put a 29 front wheel with a 180mm fork. It would have affected the geo too much (slacker head angle, higher stack, higher BB and slacker seat tube angle (which would have been the main issue)).

I went from a 2018 to a 2019 Spindrift. I can tell that the rear end feels stiffer. Beside that, not much differences. The overall frame does look better in terms of finitions. The new welds style looks cleaner, the internal routing and the nicer stickers as well. Happy they changed the derailleur hanger type, the previous one (Syntace type 2) was quite a piece of garbage, not providing a steady fit for the derailleur, and snapping easily. Good thing they changed that.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
Anyone having issues with rear axle? When I insert the wheel, there is good 5mm of frame flex until you tighten the axle. When you tighten it, it's nice and tight. But that amount of flex slowly and surely strips the threads on the axle when you are removing rear wheel. I know of at least one additional Spindrift that has this issue. You guys have the same thing?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 0:47 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Anyone having issues with rear axle? When I insert the wheel, there is good 5mm of frame flex until you tighten the axle. When you tighten it, it's nice and tight. But that amount of flex slowly and surely strips the threads on the axle when you are removing rear wheel. I know of at least one additional Spindrift that has this issue. You guys have the same thing?

if by flex you mean that the dropouts tend to be more apart when the axle is removed, then no, my wheel snugs in perfectly without much of play even when the axle is not there. maybe you can contact the guys at propain and explain them your troubles?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
Bruccio wrote:
shoshy wrote:

if by flex you mean that the dropouts tend to be more apart when the axle is removed, then no, my wheel snugs in perfectly without much of play even when the axle is not there. maybe you can contact the guys at propain and explain them your troubles?

Yeah, exactly that. Didn't think much of it, until i saw third of the threads on the axle gone..

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 3:37 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Bruccio wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Yeah, exactly that. Didn't think much of it, until i saw third of the threads on the axle gone..

ffff*ck that's bad! did you have any contacts with the PP guys?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
Not yet. First i wanted to see if it's a design issue or i got messed up rear.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
chapmanchap wrote:

Did you do anything to reduce the travel on the rear or still running 180?

Looks awesome BTW tup

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
shoshy wrote:

Yes unfortunately.. However not as much play as you describe, and my threads are pretty intact still. But the axle is showing some serious wear after just some 800 kilometers despite cleaning and greasing it regularly, and what's worse is that the adjustment for the rear caliper is really of. With some hubs I can't get it to go without rubbing. Tried to contact Propain, but they didn't seem to understand the problem and said that everything was normal ???? Is yours a 2019 as well?

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Yes unfortunately.. However not as much play as you describe, and my threads are pretty intact still. But the axle is showing some serious wear after just some 800 kilometers despite cleaning and greasing it regularly, and what's worse is that the adjustment for the rear caliper is really of. With some hubs I can't get it to go without rubbing. Tried to contact Propain, but they didn't seem to understand the problem and said that everything was normal ???? Is yours a 2019 as well?

Yes, 2019 model. Looks like i hammered it to oblivion, frame bearings sound dead and buried.
Propain responded, I'll send them few pics and video. I'll post here with the resolution. At least i hope for a new axle Big Grin

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
chapmanchap wrote:

Did you do anything to reduce the travel on the rear or still running 180?

Looks awesome BTW tup

Thanks mate. Haven't reduced the travel at the rear. As I said a little bit above, hasn't affected the bike as much as I expected!

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
shoshy wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Yes, 2019 model. Looks like i hammered it to oblivion, frame bearings sound dead and buried.
Propain responded, I'll send them few pics and video. I'll post here with the resolution. At least i hope for a new axle Big Grin

Wait a minute, frame bearings makes the rear flex? As the rear triangle is one solid piece, I can't see why this would be relevant.. But sure, if it fixes your problem then good for you Smile

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Wait a minute, frame bearings makes the rear flex? As the rear triangle is one solid piece, I can't see why this would be relevant.. But sure, if it fixes your problem then good for you Smile

Frame bearings are toast, but that has no effect on flex of the rear triangle. I just mentioned it in passing that after 6-7 months of riding, bearings are already gone...

That is completely separate issue.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
shoshy wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:

Frame bearings are toast, but that has no effect on flex of the rear triangle. I just mentioned it in passing that after 6-7 months of riding, bearings are already gone...

That is completely separate issue.

Ah, I understand Smile

My frame bearings have been pretty good lasting so far, despite being ridden in some really nasty conditions. Did you disassemble to find out or was it apparent when removing the shock or riding?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012849
Mobile Version of Website