Post your Propain!

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
It was apparent during riding. Bike developed horrible squeak, and today when i tore it down I saw why. Both top rocker bearings are seized, one additional bearing from rear triangle is also seized, others are notchy. Can't still get to the bottom bearings from main frame because of the stupid dub cranks. Bloody 54nm screw doesn't budge at all. As soon as the BB goes, whole crankset is getting dropped for something from shimano.

Edit: For future reference, spindrift uses 6x 6902RS and 2x 6804RS bearings.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
I'm torn between deciding whether to buy a spindrift with a coil or air spring. What would you suggest, i weight 100kg/220lbs. My riding is 80% bikeparks and 20% local relatively easy trails. The charts suggest 600lbs coil. Those running coil, does it bottom out easily as the rear travel seems quite linear (3.3 - 2.8 ) ?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
Go for air. Their chart for coils is way off IMHO. You need to overspring it by 50lbs for regular riding and by 100 for racing/jumping unless you go with progressive spring.

I don't know of any prog springs other than MRP, and they top out at 550+ lbs, which is for riders around 85kgs

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Tyee in size small for my other half. Does anyone have one in that size? If possible could you let me know the standover height and the height to the top of the saddle (in it's lowest position). Many thanks in advance.
I have tried contacting Propain but can't get any repsonse!

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Go for air. Their chart for coils is way off IMHO. You need to overspring it by 50lbs for regular riding and by 100 for racing/jumping unless you go with progressive spring.

I don't know of any prog springs other than MRP, and they top out at 550+ lbs, which is for riders around 85kgs

Am I right in assuming this also applies to the Rage AL leverage ratio?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 23:34 Quote
Saigonx wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Am I right in assuming this also applies to the Rage AL leverage ratio?

I do not think so.
http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/search/label/Propain%20Bikes

IF we can assume that simulation is correct and IF the main frame pivots are in the same position (a mm here and there can make a lot of difference) that extra travel from Rage allows leverage to drop a bit more and give it enough progression to be fine with coil (around 20% should be enough).

Propain says that Spindrift has 20% progression and that means that Rage should have around 25%. If we assume that is wrong and linkage simulation is closer to truth, then Spindrift has 13% progression, and Rage should have a bit under 20%. You should be fine running Rage with coil either way.

I do however recommend you go for 50lbs stronger spring rate than they recommend.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
Hello
Does anybody know what is the maximum seatpost insertion on a MEDIUM 2019 Tyee (and Tyee Am).? Do the 2 bolts that connect the rear link to the seat tube go through it preventing the seat tube to go full down or the 2 botls go in just behind it? Thanks a lot

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
I just updated my Trigura with the calipers from the Diettissima it self.
Also replaced the Bike Yoke Revive with the Crankbrothers highline , because it was broken from the start I replaced it with a Fox Transfer because it was the last seat postst to grab at the LBS besides the Reverb.

For whatever reason I can't post pictures of it here.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
How much an average Sprindrift weighs? Mine hit 16.1kg without the bottle ...

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Stoencha wrote:
Damn I tought Spindrift's were a bit lighter then that, my Rage is only 1kg heavier

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
Depends on the build. Mine came out of the box at 15.2kg. With tubes, Schwalbes, eagle and SLS spring. Never bothered to weigh it again after that crap came off the bike.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
Stoencha wrote:
My Spindrift pimped with some carbon and light Onza Ibex tires, got 13,8 kg , frame size M, pedal's including. Because that is way to fragile I swapped back to more beefy tires and get rid of stupid carbon cranks. Bar is still carbon but it now weights around 15 kg. I also had xx1 eagle but now I running on GX rear mech, still xx1 cassette. Will also swap that for 9 speed because 12 speed is to fragile.

I could make it even lighter but a true lightweight build was never my intention.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 0:40 Quote
Stoencha wrote:

15.5kg last time I measured.
Was lighter but running EXO+ Minions after annihilating the Schwalbes it came with.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
Serpentra wrote:

Also replaced the Bike Yoke Revive with the Crankbrothers highline...

You did what?! Why in the name of all that's holy did you do that?

As for weights. My XL Spindrift with air shock, standard GX build was a hair below 15kg out of the box.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010479
Mobile Version of Website