Post your Propain!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Serpentra wrote:

Also replaced the Bike Yoke Revive with the Crankbrothers highline...

You did what?! Why in the name of all that's holy did you do that?

Because I destroyed it, I destroyed everything on the Spindrift except the main frame, I smacked the shock mount part's as well....

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Anyone having issues with rear axle? When I insert the wheel, there is good 5mm of frame flex until you tighten the axle. When you tighten it, it's nice and tight. But that amount of flex slowly and surely strips the threads on the axle when you are removing rear wheel. I know of at least one additional Spindrift that has this issue. You guys have the same thing?

I have the same. Never even considered it a problem. This in itself should not be a cause of your axle threads failing. I've had mine 2 years now (2018 model) and the axle is perfect, but I don't remove the back wheel often (will have a check at the weekend though and report back!). Any thread is designed to take up the slack before applying load, just depends how you align it first, but with the design there can't be any/much miss-alignment..

Will be interested to hear what Propain say about it, but I would be very surprised if they consider it a manufacturing defect. Good luck.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 5:23 Quote
huw169 wrote:
I have the same. Never even considered it a problem. This in itself should not be a cause of your axle threads failing. I've had mine 2 years now (2018 model) and the axle is perfect, but I don't remove the back wheel often (will have a check at the weekend though and report back!). Any thread is designed to take up the slack before applying load, just depends how you align it first, but with the design there can't be any/much miss-alignment..

Will be interested to hear what Propain say about it, but I would be very surprised if they consider it a manufacturing defect. Good luck.

If the damaged thread is just me being ham fisted, that's fine. They requested more detailed photo and video to assess the issue. I still didn't manage to send them that, I've got other more pressing things to do..

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Serpentra wrote:

Also replaced the Bike Yoke Revive with the Crankbrothers highline...

Because I destroyed it, I destroyed everything on the Spindrift except the main frame, I smacked the shock mount part's as well....

Okay, fair enough Smile How did you manage to do that if I may ask?

It's a shame reading about the problems with rear axles, but I'm glad that I'm not alone. My problems with caliper adjustments seem to have a similar origin. Please try to get back to Propain to have them realize that it's actually a problem. I think that they simply don't have those measurements in their QC..

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 2:05 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Serpentras wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:

It's a shame reading about the problems with rear axles, but I'm glad that I'm not alone. My problems with caliper adjustments seem to have a similar origin. Please try to get back to Propain to have them realize that it's actually a problem. I think that they simply don't have those measurements in their QC..

Not sure , I did some dirt jumps. Repeated them to get them nailed, last jump was to far without a landing at all, out of the trail on a upward slope. I slipped instantly to the right and broken my shoulder. The seat post was down at this time ofc and I had not looked after the bike for two months. It won't come out and dissembling showed the damage. All pins to secure that the post won't turn it self with the saddle where bond to the material around. Could only get it out after I used a hammer and the vice.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 23:29 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Serpentras wrote:

Not sure , I did some dirt jumps. Repeated them to get them nailed, last jump was to far without a landing at all, out of the trail on a upward slope. I slipped instantly to the right and broken my shoulder. The seat post was down at this time ofc and I had not looked after the bike for two months. It won't come out and dissembling showed the damage. All pins to secure that the post won't turn it self with the saddle where bond to the material around. Could only get it out after I used a hammer and the vice.

Jeez, that's not a small crash! I thought BikeYokes were pretty bulletproof, but I suppose anything can break with too much force. Seems like a warranty claim though. Try to call Mr Stefan (?) on BikeYoke, he's very helpful indeed!

Did Propain offer a crash replacement?

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Serpentras wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:

Jeez, that's not a small crash! I thought BikeYokes were pretty bulletproof, but I suppose anything can break with too much force. Seems like a warranty claim though. Try to call Mr Stefan (?) on BikeYoke, he's very helpful indeed!

Did Propain offer a crash replacement?

No because I didn't ask for that and would be now also out of warranty anyway Big Grin

The Fox Transfer feels like the Revive in terms how fast and smooth it works but the post it self had much more space for the saddle to move to the left and right. Revive even after 1 and half years was damn straight and did not rock to either side.
Next month I move near Sacki(Mr. Stefan) and most other German high tech MTB companies.

Finally could post the pictures from the last mod...

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
So incredibly cool bike! Hope that you'll get it fixed to the original condition Smile

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
Lots of beautiful Spindrifts, Tyee`s and Rage`s in this threat. But are there any Hugene owners in here also?

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
May get some crap for this (hopefully not due to reason of myself needing to get one)

Has anyone preorder the new Propain Ekano?

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
chris-pagan wrote:
May get some crap for this (hopefully not due to reason of myself needing to get one)

That seems interesting indeed! Can anyone tell the maximum tyre size for that bike? The Spinny is quite roomy as it is, but if I'd buy an ebike 3" compability would be a minimum.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 2:53 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
chris-pagan wrote:

That seems interesting indeed! Can anyone tell the maximum tyre size for that bike? The Spinny is quite roomy as it is, but if I'd buy an ebike 3" compability would be a minimum.

seen it live at Saalbach this year, mounted with 2.8. Cool bike but if i have to express an aesthetic judgement, the Decoy is better looking Big Grin

Guys, i'm thinking about buying on of theese shock eyelet needle bearing set https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/ but i'm not sure about the size. i have the 2018 spindrift and the screw that holds the upper shock eyelet is an M8x20 mm. I can't find the correct size on the RWC site, any suggestions? other brands maybe? the friction of the bushing is noticeable, imho.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Bruccio wrote:
Guys, i'm thinking about buying on of theese shock eyelet needle bearing set https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/ but i'm not sure about the size. i have the 2018 spindrift and the screw that holds the upper shock eyelet is an M8x20 mm. I can't find the correct size on the RWC site, any suggestions? other brands maybe? the friction of the bushing is noticeable, imho.

Isn't it M8 x 25? Or did they change it for the 2019 model?

I've heard bad things about using bearings for shock mounts (ie. they don't last long) and always stick with a bush/pin setup...sounds like there may be some tolerance issues with the mount pin!

Not sure how much delivery would be, but I'd highly recommend TF Tuned's mount kits which use a stainless steel pin instead of the standard aluminium one which wears out regularly...never had any problems with them feeling too tight either. https://www.tftuned.com/tf-tuned-mount-kit-127mm-m8/p2937

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
I have a Propain Rage Carbon.

anyone had issues with the headset/reach adjustment cups?
The headset comes loose often. I have an xfusion rv1 for and the top crown is a very tight fit offer the steerer. I use a rubber mallet to tap it all down tight. I do up the headset a bit tighter than my other bikes then do up the pinch bolts.
But it still develops a bit of play after a few runs at inners.

The reach adjustment inserts creak quite a bit in the frame too even when ive used carbon assembly paste.

anyone else have issues with the rage carbon? I feel like the tight top crown might be part of the problem. does the top crown slide on fairly easy on other forks?

also wondering about the spring rate. propain site says i should use a 550lbs spring as in about 88-90kg while kitted up.

but spring calculator on tf tuned says i should use 400lbs

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Bruccio wrote:

Isn't it M8 x 25? Or did they change it for the 2019 model?

I've heard bad things about using bearings for shock mounts (ie. they don't last long) and always stick with a bush/pin setup...sounds like there may be some tolerance issues with the mount pin!

Not sure how much delivery would be, but I'd highly recommend TF Tuned's mount kits which use a stainless steel pin instead of the standard aluminium one which wears out regularly...never had any problems with them feeling too tight either. https://www.tftuned.com/tf-tuned-mount-kit-127mm-m8/p2937

thanks for the tip, mate. i will also contact the Propain guys and get their opinion!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016630
Mobile Version of Website