Post your Propain!

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Bruccio wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:
Bruccio wrote:
Guys, i'm thinking about buying on of theese shock eyelet needle bearing set https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/ but i'm not sure about the size. i have the 2018 spindrift and the screw that holds the upper shock eyelet is an M8x20 mm. I can't find the correct size on the RWC site, any suggestions? other brands maybe? the friction of the bushing is noticeable, imho.

Isn't it M8 x 25? Or did they change it for the 2019 model?

I've heard bad things about using bearings for shock mounts (ie. they don't last long) and always stick with a bush/pin setup...sounds like there may be some tolerance issues with the mount pin!

Not sure how much delivery would be, but I'd highly recommend TF Tuned's mount kits which use a stainless steel pin instead of the standard aluminium one which wears out regularly...never had any problems with them feeling too tight either. https://www.tftuned.com/tf-tuned-mount-kit-127mm-m8/p2937

thanks for the tip, mate. i will also contact the Propain guys and get their opinion!

I agree with Terribeone, my experience with needle bearings in shock mounts is that they develop play quickly if you ride a bit hard or a lot.
Also, the Spindrift already has a tendency to wear out shock bushings relatively quickly

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
VPP and how the shock is placed wears everything quick, that was told me by a mechanic. I use fox bushings because they are cheap and effective. I had before that bushings made exactly how I wanted them. The fox bushings with the o-ring is a good seal compared to other manufacturers who don't use it. Without I had to replace one bushing every two months.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Hi guys!
I can’t find the manual for the Propain Tyee CF 2016 but the Propain Tyee CF 2017-2018 is available on the Propain website, the only difference being that 2017-2018 models use the more modern metric shock sizing and have a bit more aggressive geometry, so are all the information in the manual applicable to the 2016 model?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Okey, next Propain manufacturing problem! Anyone else who have a REALLY hard time getting the upper screw for the rear shock out? The first time I had a hard time as well, and the screw lost all of its surface but I managed eventually. Now I guess I will manage eventually, but I'm hitting it harder and harder with the mallet without it moving an inch.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Okey, next Propain manufacturing problem! Anyone else who have a REALLY hard time getting the upper screw for the rear shock out? The first time I had a hard time as well, and the screw lost all of its surface but I managed eventually. Now I guess I will manage eventually, but I'm hitting it harder and harder with the mallet without it moving an inch.

Had the same problem on my 2017 Spindrift. The upper screw sometimes loosened, and I had to squeeze it hard. I didn't managed to remove it last time I tried, and I had to cut the right upper link. Thanks to Propain, they have all the pieces in stock and they sent me the right upper link + both shock bolts (top and bottom) for 15€ (+ transport).

At the end of October (27th), I ordered the Rage AL in size L with raw paint, but the estimated production date is only on the 10th January 2020 Confused

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 11:29 Quote
Voxran wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:

Had the same problem on my 2017 Spindrift. The upper screw sometimes loosened, and I had to squeeze it hard. I didn't managed to remove it last time I tried, and I had to cut the right upper link. Thanks to Propain, they have all the pieces in stock and they sent me the right upper link + both shock bolts (top and bottom) for 15€ (+ transport).

At the end of October (27th), I ordered the Rage AL in size L with raw paint, but the estimated production date is only on the 10th January 2020 Confused

Aha, I'm glad that I'm not the only one! While I will claim this to be a manufacturing error and have it covered under warranty, I'm glad they don't overcharge you anyway. This is a 2019 Spindrift btw.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
Apparently no Hugene`s in this thread, so I will post mine Smile

Had it for 4,5 months now and it`s is a really great allrounder for me sofar.
The cura`s were swapped for Zee`s and replaced the stock handlebar with 50mm stem for a RF Next R 35mm riserbar and a 35/35mm stem. Oh, and replaced the grips too, the stock ones felt terrible.

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 3:29 Quote
Voxran wrote:

To add precisions to my own message, looks like the bike was sent to "production" (aka apply stickers & bearings on the frame, and build the bike with the parts I ordered) on tuesday and DHL got the package on friday. So the 35 days of delay announced on their website are pretty much respected !

Now, I hope they will deliver it before next week-end ! Smile

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 5:35 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Voxran wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:

Aha, I'm glad that I'm not the only one! While I will claim this to be a manufacturing error and have it covered under warranty, I'm glad they don't overcharge you anyway. This is a 2019 Spindrift btw.

Yes, coating on those shock bolts is not fit for purpose really. I cleaned it all off mine.. Make sure you lock tight the tread when you replace or they are likely to undo..

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 1:38 Quote
huw169 wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Voxran wrote:

Yes, coating on those shock bolts is not fit for purpose really. I cleaned it all off mine.. Make sure you lock tight the tread when you replace or they are likely to undo..

The coating coming of isn't the problem really, but an indication of how bad the screws are. I'll try to find some very high quality ones in the same dimension to replace them with.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
It's such a close tolerance to the sleeve that the coating coming off is causing the bolt to jam when you try to remove it.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
huw169 wrote:
It's such a close tolerance to the sleeve that the coating coming off is causing the bolt to jam when you try to remove it.

Once you've taken it out a dozen times all the coating will have completely come off...I have to take out the top bolt just to adjust HSC on the DHX2 as there's not enough space to get an allen key in!

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Hi guys

i am looking forward to buy new spindrift and i have some questions on which some nice member of the group will have some answers.

i am thinking to get fox36 factory and x2 or dhx2 in back. i am 107kg and 189cm hight. my riding will be 70% trails 30% parks. i read coil is the choise for bigger riders.

so if i have coil is 600lb spring ok for start? i am thinking to lose some weight with new bike ????

or is better to take x2? i hear 300psi is the limit and for heavy riders could be the problem.

And with compression adjustment i saw some reviews that is possible with gridded tools...

if somebody have any opinion or answer for my issues i will be more than happy. thanks.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 1:57 Quote
tomatomato wrote:
Hi guys

i am looking forward to buy new spindrift and i have some questions on which some nice member of the group will have some answers.

i am thinking to get fox36 factory and x2 or dhx2 in back. i am 107kg and 189cm hight. my riding will be 70% trails 30% parks. i read coil is the choise for bigger riders.

so if i have coil is 600lb spring ok for start? i am thinking to lose some weight with new bike ????

or is better to take x2? i hear 300psi is the limit and for heavy riders could be the problem.

And with compression adjustment i saw some reviews that is possible with gridded tools...

if somebody have any opinion or answer for my issues i will be more than happy. thanks.

Due to the linear nature of the bike, I would recommend an air shock purely just so you can adjust the progression, I am 190cm tall and 95 kg and am on a large (If XL existed when I purchased the bike I would have selected so). Since the linkage design is rather linear, with a coil shock I found that I either had very good small bump with little big hit resistance, or very little amount of small bump sensitivity with good big hit resistance, I have not however explored the realm of progressive springs on a coil shock, but would imagine that this should overcome that issue.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 5:29 Quote
2slow wrote:
Apparently no Hugene`s in this thread, so I will post mine Smile

Had it for 4,5 months now and it`s is a really great allrounder for me sofar.
The cura`s were swapped for Zee`s and replaced the stock handlebar with 50mm stem for a RF Next R 35mm riserbar and a 35/35mm stem. Oh, and replaced the grips too, the stock ones felt terrible.

Hi, Really nice bike. How does it ride ? how capable is it in rough terrain ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018665
Mobile Version of Website