Post your Propain!

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
Hi, Really nice bike. How does it ride ? how capable is it in rough terrain ?
Thanks Whipperman.

I`ve only done a few gnarly rides as my wife broke her collarbone @ bikepark Willingen and made me promise not ride too crazy before she is fully healed. Sofar I would say the Hugene is a great allrounder and certainly capable of riding rough stuff but it is no enduro sled. I think the Tyee would be a better option if that`s your cup of tea.

The bike came with a 50mm stem and a 20mm riserbar, which made the seatposition a tad "racey" so I swapped it for a 35mm stem and 35mm riser and that certainly helps on the steep and rough stuff.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 1:20 Quote

Got my Rage AL Friday, tried it yesterday, and it feels good ! Now I need to adjust everything, and replaced those violets bumpers that doesn't match with the orange stickers haha

It's clearly a Spindrift on steroids : same feeling on the bike, but a bit stiffer like a downhill bike should be. Also the frame is way better finished than my 2017 Spindrift : the welds are clean, the aluminium is better polished, the bearings are better protected, and the stickers looks less cheap.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
Hey guys,
What size coil shock fits the 2018 propain spindrift? 210x55?
Im think ccdb but are there any others that fit?
I'd rather spend a few hundred than get a 2019 frame for 3 times the price lol

Cheers

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
Hey guys,
What size coil shock fits the 2018 propain spindrift? 210x55?
Im think ccdb but are there any others that fit?
I'd rather spend a few hundred than get a 2019 frame for 3 times the price lol

Cheers

230x60 for 180mm travel or 230x65 if you want 195mm. Latter probably voids your warranty

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
Voxran wrote:

Got my Rage AL Friday, tried it yesterday, and it feels good ! Now I need to adjust everything, and replaced those violets bumpers that doesn't match with the orange stickers haha

It's clearly a Spindrift on steroids : same feeling on the bike, but a bit stiffer like a downhill bike should be. Also the frame is way better finished than my 2017 Spindrift : the welds are clean, the aluminium is better polished, the bearings are better protected, and the stickers looks less cheap.
Nice! What’s the build?

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
frasian wrote:
Nice! What’s the build?

Thanks ! It's an L raw frame with the Formula Nero R fork, Rockshox Super Deluxe RTC shock, SRAM GX transmission (keep it simple !), ZTR Flow Mk3 wheels, Schwable Magic Mary tires, Sixpack components (handlebars, stem, seatpost) and OneUp composit pedals.

I bought the bike with the Magura MT5 brakes to replace them with brand new Formula Cura 4. Sadly, I had the original Formula Cura (2 pistons) on my Spindrift and an other bike (Knolly Fugitive LT), those were perfects, but I can't bleed properly the Cura 4... Frown

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 2:34 Quote
frasian wrote:
Voxran wrote:

Nice! What’s the build?

I love this! I am in the same boat and have been competing in national downhill races upon the Spindrift. I am potentially looking into a rage, but secretly am hoping that the Rage AL will soon have a 29er option.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 3:25 Quote
themattsta wrote:
frasian wrote:
Voxran wrote:

Nice! What’s the build?

I love this! I am in the same boat and have been competing in national downhill races upon the Spindrift. I am potentially looking into a rage, but secretly am hoping that the Rage AL will soon have a 29er option.

Yes, a Rage Al 29er would be a perfect choice for tall riders, or having fun in a downhill race, without spending too much money into a carbon bike ! (Even if the Propain bikes are at a good price)
I have a 29er Knolly Fugitive LT, that have a 157mm rear axle too, so I'll try to fit the wheels on the Rage next week. But I don't think there is enought place in the frame and the Rage Al doesn't have a "switch position" for the axle like the carbon frame... :/

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
Voxran wrote:
frasian wrote:
Nice! What’s the build?

Thanks ! It's an L raw frame with the Formula Nero R fork, Rockshox Super Deluxe RTC shock, SRAM GX transmission (keep it simple !), ZTR Flow Mk3 wheels, Schwable Magic Mary tires, Sixpack components (handlebars, stem, seatpost) and OneUp composit pedals.

I bought the bike with the Magura MT5 brakes to replace them with brand new Formula Cura 4. Sadly, I had the original Formula Cura (2 pistons) on my Spindrift and an other bike (Knolly Fugitive LT), those were perfects, but I can't bleed properly the Cura 4... Frown

I've had some problems with the cura 4 as well. I suppose you've watched the YouTube video? There seems to be two success factors: make sure to really keep the vacuum and repeat that process. Flush up and down in the syringes a few times, pull vacuum etc until no more bubbles (apart from maybe very small ones) comes out either end.

Also, the reservoir seems to be too small even with new pads. Hence, when the bleeding is done you install the pads and slightly overfill the system. Sure, this means that installing new pads might be abit trickier as you need to remove the plug on the lever and drain out some oil but this seems to be the only way (at least if you get the bleed as good as is realistic).

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 7:25 Quote

Got this guy about a month ago. Freaking love it

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
Mojom wrote:

He's a handsome beast!! tup

If that was mine I'd de-sticker it or get matching blue fork decals Wink

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Mojom wrote:

He's a handsome beast!! tup

If that was mine I'd de-sticker it or get matching blue fork decals Wink

Yeah, I'm still hesitant. I kind of like the contrast of the blue and orange.
And not only could I get the blue fork decals but also the orange ones from Propain... ahh so many choices

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Voxran wrote:
frasian wrote:
Nice! What’s the build?

I've had some problems with the cura 4 as well. I suppose you've watched the YouTube video? There seems to be two success factors: make sure to really keep the vacuum and repeat that process. Flush up and down in the syringes a few times, pull vacuum etc until no more bubbles (apart from maybe very small ones) comes out either end.

Also, the reservoir seems to be too small even with new pads. Hence, when the bleeding is done you install the pads and slightly overfill the system. Sure, this means that installing new pads might be abit trickier as you need to remove the plug on the lever and drain out some oil but this seems to be the only way (at least if you get the bleed as good as is realistic).

I didn't watched the Youtube video (but I will), because since 2 years I didn't have any problems with the Cura "2 pistons" when I just flush up 1 time the syringes (the brakes are on/off on the first milimeter of the lever, I love that Big Grin ). But I have read somewhere that, as you said, the resevoir seems too small for the bigger brake caliper. So we will never have the same "on/off" feeling...
I'll try to flush up/down more times the syringes than I did, and try to do that with the pads installed and just a smaaaall piece between them to overfill the system and push pack the pistons after that to install the wheel. It will, perhaps, overfill the system and brake better.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
Mojom wrote:

Nice bike and colors ! Black frame with colorful stickers is a great choice !
I don't think you should remove the stickers on the frame..

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
Voxran wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Voxran wrote:

I didn't watched the Youtube video (but I will), because since 2 years I didn't have any problems with the Cura "2 pistons" when I just flush up 1 time the syringes (the brakes are on/off on the first milimeter of the lever, I love that Big Grin ). But I have read somewhere that, as you said, the resevoir seems too small for the bigger brake caliper. So we will never have the same "on/off" feeling...
I'll try to flush up/down more times the syringes than I did, and try to do that with the pads installed and just a smaaaall piece between them to overfill the system and push pack the pistons after that to install the wheel. It will, perhaps, overfill the system and brake better.

No the two piston version seems to be alot easier, both because air doesn't have as many places to get trapped and also because the higher reservoir to piston area size is bigger meaning that you have higher margins. Try to follow the video and be really thourog is my suggestion and it'll probably be fine!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008196
Mobile Version of Website