Post your Propain!

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
Do you think there will be frames available soon?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
Guys i have a very important question. I have a 200x57 shock and wonder if i wouild be able to fit it in safely in a 2020 tyee frame. It really is quite close, and the size difference is pretty simillar to using a pair of offset bushings.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Guys i have a very important question. I have a 200x57 shock and wonder if i wouild be able to fit it in safely in a 2020 tyee frame. It really is quite close, and the size difference is pretty simillar to using a pair of offset bushings.

Email them, they respond quickly.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 3:19 Quote
They said NO. Btw does anyone use a fox float x2 shock on their tyee? How does it perform? Does it have a good mid stroke support? Would you rather recommend it or a DHX2

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
Hey guys,
I'm asking for your help in taking up decision. I'm 90% sure that Propain Spindrift will be my next bike soon. My current bike is YT Capra AL 2017 is size M with 165mm of travel. I wanted to upgrade to Capra 2020 but there is no reasonable offer from YT. I love to ride active - pumping on trail, doing manuals, bunny hops and jumping from whatever possible. I ride 60% park and 40% trails, tours, some dirt. I'm 175cm tall and weight about 66kg in full gear. I read several's reviews and half of this topic in recent days.

I'm opting to go with Spindrift size M with spec simillar to Spindrift Performance:

Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 180mm
Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate 180mm
Front Brake: SRAM Code RSC 200mm
Rear Brake: SRAM Code RSC 200mm
Saddle: SIXPACK Kamikaze
Seatpost: Bikeyoke Revive
Wheels: Propain ZTR FLOW MK3
Crank: Truvativ Descendant Carbon 175mm 32Z
Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle (1×12)
Trigger: SRAM X01 Eagle (1×12)
Casette: SRAM XG1275 10-50 (1×12)
Handlebar: SIXPACK Millenium 805
Stem: SIXPACK Leader 50
Tires: VEE Flow SNAP

1. Can you write your experiences with different shocks?
My first choice would be RS SD RCT Air witch cost 50Euro more than Super Deluxe Coil. I'm afraid that coil shock will not be universal but in most press reviews they recommend going with spring. I'm also considering Fox Float X2 Factory which is 160Euro more than RS. I believe that with air shock it will be more lively on easy flow trails.

2. Brakes:
If I'm about to go with fox I will need to take SRAM Code R instead of RSC to decrease the price difference. You think it's worth 100 Euro to have SC dial on brakes?

3. Wheels:
Can anyone tell me the differences between Flow MK3 and Flow S1? Is it only the rim's that are anyway very similar?

4. Drive: for crank and drive I will degrade to GX.

The biggest issue I have is with the shock. I never driven a coil shock in my bike. Some of you pointed that air shock is better for Spindrift as it is more progressive than spring. Reviewers says that if you will go with air you will loose a lot of small bump sensitivity. Can you give me some guidance?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
slon84 wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm asking for your help in taking up decision. I'm 90% sure that Propain Spindrift will be my next bike soon. My current bike is YT Capra AL 2017 is size M with 165mm of travel. I wanted to upgrade to Capra 2020 but there is no reasonable offer from YT. I love to ride active - pumping on trail, doing manuals, bunny hops and jumping from whatever possible. I ride 60% park and 40% trails, tours, some dirt. I'm 175cm tall and weight about 66kg in full gear. I read several's reviews and half of this topic in recent days.

I'm opting to go with Spindrift size M with spec simillar to Spindrift Performance:

My first choice would be RS SD RCT Air witch cost 50Euro more than Super Deluxe Coil. I'm afraid that coil shock will not be universal but in most press reviews they recommend going with spring. I'm also considering Fox Float X2 Factory which is 160Euro more than RS. I believe that with air shock it will be more lively on easy flow trails.

2. Brakes:
If I'm about to go with fox I will need to take SRAM Code R instead of RSC to decrease the price difference. You think it's worth 100 Euro to have SC dial on brakes?

3. Wheels:
Can anyone tell me the differences between Flow MK3 and Flow S1? Is it only the rim's that are anyway very similar?

The biggest issue I have is with the shock. I never driven a coil shock in my bike. Some of you pointed that air shock is better for Spindrift as it is more progressive than spring. Reviewers says that if you will go with air you will loose a lot of small bump sensitivity. Can you give me some guidance?

i ride with a SD RCT, 3 bottomles tokens, and i'm a lard ass (90kg), no problems with small bump sensitivity. i also recently installed needle bushings from Enduro Bearings and it made a noticeable difference. gonna try soon the MegNeg upgrade, i read great things about it online. just remember, if you really need to bump up the sensitivity for little things you can always run a lower pressure. the spring feeling is super nice but defo less "poppy" and since, as you say, you're an active rider, you may want a bit more of response from the back of the bike. please consider that i ride a 2018 frame so the geometry could be slightly different

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
I'll be ordering spindrift next month. Still wondering between coil and air...

Any input on the tyre choice?

magic marys all around, mary front hans dampf rear or the veetire dh tyres. I'll ride park mostly but some random trips on trails.

Thinking about taking the veetires, but i havent heard or read anything about them. Previous bike i ran magic mary front and rock razor rear, both gravity casing. The marys and hans dampf seeem to be only snakekin...

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
If i were you i would choose the vee tyres...my spindrift came with magic Mary f/r..super grip but not so strong(no dh casing). I D give it a try to those vee.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
Bnito wrote:
I'll be ordering spindrift next month. Still wondering between coil and air...

Any input on the tyre choice?

magic marys all around, mary front hans dampf rear or the veetire dh tyres. I'll ride park mostly but some random trips on trails.

Thinking about taking the veetires, but i havent heard or read anything about them. Previous bike i ran magic mary front and rock razor rear, both gravity casing. The marys and hans dampf seeem to be only snakekin...

ran the MM + HD combo. didn't like that much, TBH. MM are monster tyres, good for park and downhill but it's like dragging an anchor on the ups. Die Hans are really bad, imho. now running DHF + HRII, bombproof combination, couldn't be happier

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 0:08 Quote
Kinda thinking resale value aswell, Marys should be easy to sell. I'm actually now running mary front and dhr rear. Dhr is brand new and i could use that and buy dhf front and sell the tires that come with spindrift....

Just thinking that the veetires are a bit overkill on local trails, but then again i did run local trails with gravity casing (MM&Rockrazor) and it was fine Smile

But thanks for the input.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
Bnito wrote:
Kinda thinking resale value aswell, Marys should be easy to sell. I'm actually now running mary front and dhr rear. Dhr is brand new and i could use that and buy dhf front and sell the tires that come with spindrift....

Just thinking that the veetires are a bit overkill on local trails, but then again i did run local trails with gravity casing (MM&Rockrazor) and it was fine Smile

But thanks for the input.

well if you thing the vees are overkill, the DHF + DHR combo is like launching nukes at the red cross Big Grin it's the de facto standard in downhill!

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 2:58 Quote
Bruccio wrote:
slon84 wrote:
Hey guys,

2. Brakes:

3. Wheels:

i ride with a SD RCT, 3 bottomles tokens, and i'm a lard ass (90kg), no problems with small bump sensitivity. i also recently installed needle bushings from Enduro Bearings and it made a noticeable difference. gonna try soon the MegNeg upgrade, i read great things about it online. just remember, if you really need to bump up the sensitivity for little things you can always run a lower pressure. the spring feeling is super nice but defo less "poppy" and since, as you say, you're an active rider, you may want a bit more of response from the back of the bike. please consider that i ride a 2018 frame so the geometry could be slightly different

Thanks. I will go with air as it's safe option for me but spring looks awesome!
Can anyone point me a difference between Flow MK3 and Flow S1 wheels? Is it only different rim?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
I have a Rage AL and i configured it with flow S1 and bought a pair of MK3 to build up as a second pair of wheels.
Last year I managed to do a few DH runs on the S1 rims and they held up excellent, despite hitting big rocks at very low pressure.
OK, they are totally different rims, as far as i can tell.
S1 vs MK3
-6061 vs 6069 alloy - the first one is more common, heavier and cheaper but not as stiff as 6069 and it bends easier(so they say)
but S1 has thicker walls(more material means heavier) than MK3
-eyelets vs no eyelets - S1 is more durable

The only thing in common is the inner width.
In my opinion the S1 is the go to rim for everyday abuse, whereas the MK3 is a more race oriented rim(lighter, stiffer).
I'll have to see this coming season how well the MK3 will hold the abuse. I'm not gonna pamper them Big Grin

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
I have a Rage AL and i configured it with flow S1 and bought a pair of MK3 to build up as a second pair of wheels.
Last year I managed to do a few DH runs on the S1 rims and they held up excellent, despite hitting big rocks at very low pressure.
OK, they are totally different rims, as far as i can tell.
S1 vs MK3
-6061 vs 6069 alloy - the first one is more common, heavier and cheaper but not as stiff as 6069 and it bends easier(so they say)
but S1 has thicker walls(more material means heavier) than MK3
-eyelets vs no eyelets - S1 is more durable

The only thing in common is the inner width.
In my opinion the S1 is the go to rim for everyday abuse, whereas the MK3 is a more race oriented rim(lighter, stiffer).
I'll have to see this coming season how well the MK3 will hold the abuse. I'm not gonna pamper them Big Grin

The question is how both compare to a dt swiss e 500 series rim

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014700
Mobile Version of Website