Post your Propain!

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
Next question, what would you guys pics for suspension on a 29"AL Tyee:

RS Lyric ultimate plus RS Super Deluxe Ultimate air.

Or

Fox 36 Grip2 Factory Kashima plus Fox Float DPX2.

Or

Fox 36 Grip2 Factory Kashima plus Fox Float X2 factory.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 21:27 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Next question, what would you guys pics for suspension on a 29"AL Tyee:

RS Lyric ultimate plus RS Super Deluxe Ultimate air.

Or

Fox 36 Grip2 Factory Kashima plus Fox Float DPX2.

Or

Fox 36 Grip2 Factory Kashima plus Fox Float X2 factory.

As a general rule of thumb, Fox is stiffer than RS.
I have a 2016 YT Tues al(boxxer wc with mrp ramp control and vivid r2c coil, that i gave my wife) and a 2019 Rage al with Fox 40 grip2 and float x2 factory.
From the start I noticed a big difference in the front end stiffness and plushness.
The float X2 is quite nice, again a big difference in mid/end stroke support. Really like the tuning ability of the shock, with 4 way adjustment screws, and u can really feel the difference between 4 clicks and 6 clicks, for example. With the RS...1 click-3 clicks, not so much. Fox suspension seems much more refined.
Didn't try the new line of RS suspension though...

In the end, it depends on how much money u're willing to put on a table for a new bike. Fox is more expensive and i think u're getting what u pay for.

p.s. I serviced a cube stereo 29" with Fox 36 grip2 and float x2(the one with newmen wheels) and the suspension felt really good even before changing the oil.

Hope this helps a bit

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 22:54 Quote
40 vs boxxer is much different comparison than 36 vs Lyrik in terms of stiffness. I found the latter two very comparable. Can't say i find 36 stiffer than Lyrik, but I prefer the feel of Fox (Grip2 vs Charger 2.1).

If money is not the issue, pony up for Fox. If it is, RS will be more than fine.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 3:33 Quote
photo
Arrived yesterday, super happy about it Smile

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
Nice color!

Any tips for nice parks or enduro area's in Slovakija?

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 2:10 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Nice color!

My tips:
Bikepark Kalnica - if You like jumps
Bikepark Malino Brdo - pretty nice natural DH tracks and EN track
Bikepark Kouty in Czech republic is also really good

Hope it helps Smile

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Nice color!

Sorry did not catch your comment. Totally agree with comment before, and I strongly recommend bikeparks in Poland. They are cheaper and in most of cases they are in much better condition during a whole season.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
anyone running the float x2 on the spindrift? i cant adjust the compression dials unless i drop one of the shock bolts out and releasew the shock. pretty poor seeing as they sell it on there top end complete bike. ive fabricated a tiny allen key but you cant get the turning circle. almost need a ratchet system or spline drive dials. if anyone has worked it out let me know haha

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 5:02 Quote
seansaxon wrote:
anyone running the float x2 on the spindrift? i cant adjust the compression dials unless i drop one of the shock bolts out and releasew the shock. pretty poor seeing as they sell it on there top end complete bike. ive fabricated a tiny allen key but you cant get the turning circle. almost need a ratchet system or spline drive dials. if anyone has worked it out let me know haha
Dont you have the float x2 tool, i suppose it should fit.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
Thanks guys for the tips. I want to do a roadtrip east once for biking. Maybe I should go up to Poland too.

Ordered a 29" AL tyee!

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
Hello guys,

Only thing im concerned about Propain and new Tyee is decals/stickers. Do you have any problems with peeling, because i dont want to wash them out after few cleaning Big Grin

Im intrested for Tyee 29, i like it a lot because i can customize everything and I found perfect rig for my needs.

Also their size chart is little bit confusing, im 186cm and on the border from L to XL, but i think i will go on XL vith shorter stem.

Regards,

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
FonFufke wrote:
Hello guys,

Only thing im concerned about Propain and new Tyee is decals/stickers. Do you have any problems with peeling, because i dont want to wash them out after few cleaning Big Grin

Im intrested for Tyee 29, i like it a lot because i can customize everything and I found perfect rig for my needs.

Also their size chart is little bit confusing, im 186cm and on the border from L to XL, but i think i will go on XL vith shorter stem.

Regards,
I think you are more in the middle of the L range:
photo

Compare the reach, with what you are riding now: would you like longer yes or no?

Also note that the toptube can compare relatively shorter, due to the steep seattube angle.

I ordered a L and I'am 183 cm, and currently have a L 2015 Capra. So I'm gaining some reach.

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
FonFufke wrote:
Hello guys,

Regards,
I think you are more in the middle of the L range:
photo

Compare the reach, with what you are riding now: would you like longer yes or no?

Also note that the toptube can compare relatively shorter, due to the steep seattube angle.

I ordered a L and I'am 183 cm, and currently have a L 2015 Capra. So I'm gaining some reach.

Now i have 2019 Canyon Spectral XL and it fits great, i like it more longer.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Hi, looking at getting a propain tyee 29er. I'm just over 6'1" but will definitely go for the XL looking at the geometry. I'm just worried that the reach may not be long enough at only 491mm. This bike I demoed recently had 500mm reach and felt good. Definitely really like the 29inch wheels most of the geometry but I do like a more playful bike but still be able to monster truck stuff. Also read a reveiw slaying the BB was a tad high. Any opinions on bb height would be much appreciated. Anyone around my height all taller able give their opinion?

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011943
Mobile Version of Website