Post your Propain!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear that you like your new bike! Smile How "bike-like" do you find it? A friend of mine just got a YT Decoy, and while I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet he describes it as very non-bike-ish in terms of poppiness etc (with bike I refer to analog pedal powered bike). And lastly, any comments about range? Obviously it'll change over the next rides, but a general perception would be interesting Smile

in terms of bike-like, you can feel its heavier pedalling for say a jump when you exceed the motors speed (25kmph) but jumping it feels very easy to jump for sure!

with the first outing i done 19km on a just less than a full charge and from a 5 bar range it went to 2 bars by the end, this was constantly in boost mode so more battery was being used.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
Sounds great, thanks man! ????

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 1:05 Quote
to the people who have a raw alloy frame: is it more scratch resistant than painted ones, since you dont have paint to scratch ?

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
No it's not, but scratches are hardly noticable.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
shoshy wrote:

And, at least most scratches are only a scotch brite away from being removed Smile

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 21:09 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
shoshy wrote:

And, at least most scratches are only a scotch brite away from being removed Smile
Awesome. Cant wait to get my hands on one. Only have to sell my bike now

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 2:55 Quote
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Occasionally I'll get some fine wire wool and buff mine up to a nice shine...it's so good being able to clean your frame with wire wool! lol

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
How well a 65x230 shock would work with Spindrift? I mean is there enough room for the extra 5mm of travel? The stock shock has a 60mm stroke.

I believe that only difference between RS Super deluxe coil in sizes 60x230 and 65x230 is that the 60x230 one has a 5mm plastic spacer under the bottom out bumper. By removing that spacer it would be possible to get more travel out of Spindrift if the frmae is capable of that.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
Marasdfg wrote:
How well a 65x230 shock would work with Spindrift? I mean is there enough room for the extra 5mm of travel? The stock shock has a 60mm stroke.

I believe that only difference between RS Super deluxe coil in sizes 60x230 and 65x230 is that the 60x230 one has a 5mm plastic spacer under the bottom out bumper. By removing that spacer it would be possible to get more travel out of Spindrift if the frmae is capable of that.

Removing the plastic spacer in the RS SuperDeluxe Air is what I did some time ago (there is some pictures of my Spindrift with a dual crown fork pages 39-40). There is enougth place for a 230*65mm shock. And I didn't change anything else like some people were telling on some other forums (like the IFP pressure if I remember correctly).
It was a weird, but good feeling. It was like before, but without any "bottoming feeling" at all. Wink

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Just received my spindrift few days ago, too busy with school to even assemble it, but here is a photo of what you need to remove if changing damper stroke from 60mm to 65mm. I was told to cut the plastic spacer and 1 metal spacer (there are 2 metal spacers.) Metal spacer removal is not mandatory, so it will work just fine with only removal of the plastic spacer.

I have megneg can waiting to be installed but i'm still considering to try it in stock form before doing any changes (stock vs megneg @ 180 travel vs megneg @ 195 travel) but i'm propably too lazy and will propably just install megneg with 195 travel Rolleyes Big Grin

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 0:44 Quote
Voxran wrote:
Marasdfg wrote:

Removing the plastic spacer in the RS SuperDeluxe Air is what I did some time ago (there is some pictures of my Spindrift with a dual crown fork pages 39-40). There is enougth place for a 230*65mm shock. And I didn't change anything else like some people were telling on some other forums (like the IFP pressure if I remember correctly).
It was a weird, but good feeling. It was like before, but without any "bottoming feeling" at all. Wink

Yeah in the beginning of this topic there were people using 65 stroke shock apparently without issues. I guess I wanted to confirm that it is also possible with the 2019 frame. And if the stroke is 65mm would offset bushings be unusable? That's another 2 mm away from shock eye-to-eye at full travel.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 1:54 Quote
As far as i know, the suspension kinematics have been the same since 2017. Frame got update 2019 but it was just Bearing shields, smoother welds etc etc. No changes to the geo.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 2:10 Quote
Bnito wrote:
As far as i know, the suspension kinematics have been the same since 2017. Frame got update 2019 but it was just Bearing shields, smoother welds etc etc. No changes to the geo.

Yes, but didn't they make some changes regarding shock clearance? IIRC the earlier version couldn't take Fox X2 but now it is possible. I was thinking if that would somehow affect the possibility to fit a longer stroke shock. I don't know a thing I just ask questions Smile

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
Seatube is hydroformed instead of welded, so Fox shocks can fit. Seatube is in exactly the same position, so it the seatstay arch.
I'll be also removing the spacer, and I'll post photos of clearence with and without it.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 13:25 Quote

My 2019 Tyee; I opted for the AL version with fox suspension and jaguar mt7 / bikeyoke and Sram GX.

Happy with the bike but the shock and fork need some adjusting.
I weigh about 90kg fully packed and the shock needs a lot of pressure nearly 300psi.

Can I just leave the shock in the frame to insert a token?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007012
Mobile Version of Website