Post your Propain!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Endurip wrote:
Ordered the Tyee 29" in Januari and need some advise regarding the coil shock:
I ordered the 500 lbs spring and weigh aprox 82 kilo with full gear. The criticism I´we read about the shock is the small bump sensitivity, and being a total noob on this I was thinking by changing to a 450 spring might "put me a little down in the travel", and make it softer, and by doing so lower the bottom bracket a little witch also seem a little high...?
I know that I might bottom out with a 450 spring, but I´we heard from developers that bottoming out a couple of times on a downhill track is normal...

Have I got this all wrong?
500 is good for your weight. I think. The bike is already progressive and that allows you to choose the spring based on the small bump compliance, not on the bottom out resistance.
What is the shock?
Bottom out is a normal thing that is supposed to occur now and then. If you do a 2 m drop you will most probably bottom out. The idea is that you wont feel it in your bones, but just barely notice it. All you need is 30% sag. Then if you bottom out add compression damping /hsc/. And reduce hsr a bit

Thanx fot the reply. The shock is RockShox Super Deluxe ultimate RCT Coil.
I´m just a little worried that I might loose a little weight and if I start riding without a backpack my total weight most lightly will go under 80 kg. I suppose I can correct that later by purchasing a "softer" spring. But the shock system on the Tyee is suppose to be very cramped and make a switch difficult.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 0:30 Quote
Endurip wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
Endurip wrote:
I ordered the 500 lbs spring and weigh aprox 82 kilo with full gear. The criticism I´we read about the shock is the small bump sensitivity, and being a total noob on this I was thinking by changing to a 450 spring might "put me a little down in the travel", and make it softer, and by doing so lower the bottom bracket a little witch also seem a little high...?
I know that I might bottom out with a 450 spring, but I´we heard from developers that bottoming out a couple of times on a downhill track is normal...

500 is good for your weight. I think. The bike is already progressive and that allows you to choose the spring based on the small bump compliance, not on the bottom out resistance.
What is the shock?
Bottom out is a normal thing that is supposed to occur now and then. If you do a 2 m drop you will most probably bottom out. The idea is that you wont feel it in your bones, but just barely notice it. All you need is 30% sag. Then if you bottom out add compression damping /hsc/. And reduce hsr a bit

I´m just a little worried that I might loose a little weight and if I start riding without a backpack my total weight most lightly will go under 80 kg. I suppose I can correct that later by purchasing a "softer" spring. But the shock system on the Tyee is suppose to be very cramped and make a switch difficult.
Its actually easy to remove the shock. Most riders have 2 different coils for different occasions so dont worry about the future.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:21 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Endurip wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:

What is the shock?

Sounds good, thanx!

Its actually easy to remove the shock. Most riders have 2 different coils for different occasions so dont worry about the future.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 4:46 Quote
To tyee 2020 owners: white size do you run and how tall are you?

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 6:43 Quote
Endurip wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
Endurip wrote:

What is the shock?

RS springs aren't that expensive. And like he said: spring change is rather easy. And if this your only bike and you use for example for big jumps and drops in a park and also more technical or flow natural trails, there is a big chance that you like to have two springs anyway.

Not a cheap solution but pretty cool is adjustable springrate: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/sprindex-adjustable-rate-coil-spring-first-look.html
I would buy it after I found my perfect range with the cheap springs.

Uchwmdr wrote:

Still waiting for it but:
Length=182cm, Inseam 90cm, bike size L on 29"

You will find more rider on mtb-news.
Here is their review (google translate it I guess): https://www.mtb-news.de/news/neues-propain-tyee-2020-test/

Both testers are: 184/87 and 186/85cm. And they tested L 29".

Realise that due to the steep seat angle the bike will feel shorter while being seated than bikes with a slacker seat angle (and same reach).

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:

I´m 183 cm and went for the large Tyee 29".

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 4:28 Quote
hello guys, what is your setting for those who have fox 36 factory grip 2 on spindrift? And maybe also how many clicks of LSC you have on rock shox suprdeluxe rct air. Thanks

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 4:45 Quote
palino1 wrote:
hello guys, what is your setting for those who have fox 36 factory grip 2 on spindrift? And maybe also how many clicks of LSC you have on rock shox suprdeluxe rct air. Thanks

I weigh around 70kg and run about 68psi in my Grip2 36 with no tokens.

LSC - 8 clicks from closed
HSC - open (16 clicks from closed)
LSR - open
HSR - open

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 4:57 Quote
palino1 wrote:

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1040

Did you already try the settings from this page as a starting point?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
palino1 wrote:

LSR - open
HSR - open

No Rebound damping whatsoever? That's mad, I'm intrigued?, also I'm guessing you're an old bmxer due to your name ????

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 2:12 Quote
seansaxon wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:
palino1 wrote:

LSR - open
HSR - open

No Rebound damping whatsoever? That's mad, I'm intrigued?, also I'm guessing you're an old bmxer due to your name ????

Yes, ex-bmxer, well spotted! Big Grin

I'm quite light so my recommended settings are -6 HSR and -7 LSR, which are only 2 clicks from fully open. I like my bike quite lively so opened up the LSR and was still craving a bit more rebound.

I probably have one or two clicks of HSR wound on when there's fresh oil in there.

I also have the rebound on the rear shock quite more open than recommended...personal preference I guess! Wink

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
seansaxon wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:

LSR - open
HSR - open

I'm quite light so my recommended settings are -6 HSR and -7 LSR, which are only 2 clicks from fully open. I like my bike quite lively so opened up the LSR and was still craving a bit more rebound.

I probably have one or two clicks of HSR wound on when there's fresh oil in there.

I also have the rebound on the rear shock quite more open than recommended...personal preference I guess! Wink

I'm always intrigued with suspension setups as all my mates run so differently but we all get down the hill the same. I'm from a bmx background so used to run a super stiff bike but have learned the ways of proper suspension setup. I'm finding more people running super fast Rebound nowadays, I run mine pretty slow but mainly hit bikepark jump stuff. Spindrifts are so sick eh I love mine so much

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
seansaxon wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:
seansaxon wrote:

I'm always intrigued with suspension setups as all my mates run so differently but we all get down the hill the same. I'm from a bmx background so used to run a super stiff bike but have learned the ways of proper suspension setup. I'm finding more people running super fast Rebound nowadays, I run mine pretty slow but mainly hit bikepark jump stuff. Spindrifts are so sick eh I love mine so much

How does yours pedal? Without the climb switch? What shock do you run?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 2:12 Quote
seansaxon wrote:

I tend to ride fast rocky stuff and lots of steeeeep rooty rocky trails...so fast rebound helps!

It took me a long time to go from setting everything up hard and riding with straight legs like a BMXer to dropping those habits! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 6:36 Quote
Has anyone tried to put the fox shock on their spindrift the other way around, with the settings facing upwards?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007224
Mobile Version of Website