Post your Propain!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
Dials hit the seat stay bridge. I didn't mount it, but i just measured it. Even piggy will scrape the bridge and it is tucked further inside.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Has anyone tried to put the fox shock on their spindrift the other way around, with the settings facing upwards?

No, I just cut down an Allen key so it won't pd fit in gap

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:19 Quote

Spindrift in DH configuration. No dropper and 11-36 Shimano Zee with 28 teeth chainrig.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
Has anyone fix loose Propain's rear hub? Since we have the lock down I have asked a friend of mine if he can check and straighten my wheels. He told me that rear hub might be a bit loose and I am wondering if its easy to fix.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
Soooo im 6.3 and want a 27.5 enduro bike. Choosing between propain tyee 2020 for 1600 euro with fox x2
Or santa cruz nomad for 2500 euro with fox x2
The santa is 22mm more wheelbase and 20 mm more reach. Is it worth the extra cash or not?
P.s. i only buy the frame, not a whole bike

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
So one of the first delivered customer bikes AL RAW: 29" L

Took it from the german forum: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/tyee-fragen-antworten-und-diskussionen.690003/page-617

He also said: Size L with GX Parts and Alu Cockpit 15,3 kg.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
So one of the first delivered customer bikes AL RAW: 29" L

Took it from the german forum: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/tyee-fragen-antworten-und-diskussionen.690003/page-617

He also said: Size L with GX Parts and Alu Cockpit 15,3 kg.
Looks hot

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 2:46 Quote
Do you think that the 2020 tyee will fit the new fox x2

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
Hello guys, Would you go for WT maxxis tires for mk3 wheels? or 29mm is still allright with normal maxxis tires.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 2:58 Quote
Pure speculation here...they've changed the Tyee frame quite considerably, anyone else think they may do the same with the Spindrift?? Geek

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Pure speculation here...they've changed the Tyee frame quite considerably, anyone else think they may do the same with the Spindrift?? Geek
Well they only changed the shock position because they wanted the new Tyee to be on 29” wheels but I don’t think they will put the spindrift on 29” wheels too because it’s a freeride bike.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 3:05 Quote
frasian wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:
Well they only changed the shock position because they wanted the new Tyee to be on 29” wheels but I don’t think they will put the spindrift on 29” wheels too because it’s a freeride bike.
i think the spindrift needs some pedaling efficiency to be added

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
frasian wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:

On paper maybe.

I've now owned SD for few months and i dont really feel as if it pedals any better or worse than my old giant trance 2017. For the given 180mm of rear travel i think it does the job quite well.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
Bnito wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
frasian wrote:

On paper maybe.

I've now owned SD for few months and i dont really feel as if it pedals any better or worse than my old giant trance 2017. For the given 180mm of rear travel i think it does the job quite well.

I feel like mine's fine, even with a coil. I do run quite a bit of LSC but find it no worse than my old Canyon Strive.

I'd like to see the shock moved inside the frame as, being from the UK and riding throughout winter, you do get a lot of muck in the top shock bush!

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Dunno. The antisquat is sub 60% which is poor. Never ridden one though. But yeah, the shock position is not the best for some places.
Do you think that a spindrift could make a good allround enduro bike?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006477
Mobile Version of Website