Post your Propain!

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Dunno. The antisquat is sub 60% which is poor. Never ridden one though. But yeah, the shock position is not the best for some places.
Do you think that a spindrift could make a good allround enduro bike?
That’s what the Tyee is for

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
frasian wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
Dunno. The antisquat is sub 60% which is poor. Never ridden one though. But yeah, the shock position is not the best for some places.
Do you think that a spindrift could make a good allround enduro bike?
That’s what the Tyee is for
Yeah, but it sux for people who want a xl 27.5

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 3:12 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Bnito wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:

i think the spindrift needs some pedaling efficiency to be added

On paper maybe.

I've now owned SD for few months and i dont really feel as if it pedals any better or worse than my old giant trance 2017. For the given 180mm of rear travel i think it does the job quite well.

I feel like mine's fine, even with a coil. I do run quite a bit of LSC but find it no worse than my old Canyon Strive.

I'd like to see the shock moved inside the frame as, being from the UK and riding throughout winter, you do get a lot of muck in the top shock bush!

Yeah i'm getting tons of dirt and mud around the rear shock. I'm thinking getting a bigger fender to replace the original

Someone on german mtb forum had posted a photo. The fender is mudhugger long version.

https://www.bike24.com/p2233096.html?q=mudhugger

photo

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
I think almost any fender will do. I found a quick release rear fender near local BMX track (probably someone crashed with a walmart bike and the fender got left behind)

Anyway as the fender was nice and big I picked it up and did some cutting so that it could be fitted using the same bolts that were used to mount the stock fender.

rear fender

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Do you guys have any tips how to silence my Sram GX derailleur? It shifts fine but its so freaking loud and i dont know why. It seems like the clutch need to be tighter but then again it seems fine and it still produces annoying noises even when i test it on 2 stair steps. On the trails its even more obvious. Any tips are welcome!

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
Mateo-DH wrote:
Do you guys have any tips how to silence my Sram GX derailleur? It shifts fine but its so freaking loud and i dont know why. It seems like the clutch need to be tighter but then again it seems fine and it still produces annoying noises even when i test it on 2 stair steps. On the trails its even more obvious. Any tips are welcome!
by taking it to the garbage and replacing the drivetrain with shimano

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
Mateo-DH wrote:
What kind of noise? My Sram derailleurs are silent. My 7 speed GX doesn't make noise at all.

All setting screws correct?

Isnt it chainslap?

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Mateo-DH wrote:

You can run a 12spd XT derailleur with your SRAM eagle groupset...no need to even change shifter. Google it!
So when your GX derailleur starts to fall apart...which doesn't take long...you know what to do!

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Mateo-DH wrote:
What kind of noise? My Sram derailleurs are silent. My 7 speed GX doesn't make noise at all.

Isnt it chainslap?
Everything is set up correct. No chainslap, I've got the entire chainstay wrapped in soft velcro, even my chainguide on the points where there is a possibility of the chain touching it but thats minor because I have a narrow wide chainring on.
Its the derailleur for sure, literally cant be anything else.
And yes, every bolt is tight.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
Mateo-DH wrote:

You can run a 12spd XT derailleur with your SRAM eagle groupset...no need to even change shifter. Google it!
So when your GX derailleur starts to fall apart...which doesn't take long...you know what to do!
Mine is still going after 5yrs
Mateo-DH wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
Mateo-DH wrote:

Isnt it chainslap?
Everything is set up correct. No chainslap, I've got the entire chainstay wrapped in soft velcro, even my chainguide on the points where there is a possibility of the chain touching it but thats minor because I have a narrow wide chainring on.
Its the derailleur for sure, literally cant be anything else.
And yes, every bolt is tight.

I mean what kind of noise it, slapping, whirring, continous or during certain things? The only time any derailleur makes noise with me is:
-high or low limit screw incorrect set, causing noisy chain
-the B screw that controls the chain gap adjustment
-or indeed if the mounting bolt is loose.

Too short chain with suspension is also a killer.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
I mean what kind of noise it, slapping, whirring, continous or during certain things? The only time any derailleur makes noise with me is:

Too short chain with suspension is also a killer.[/Quote]
Its like a ticking sound, aluminium/plasticky ticking sound

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
Mateo-DH wrote:

Too short chain with suspension is also a killer.
Its like a ticking sound, aluminium/plasticky ticking sound

And all the alignments and chain gap is set correct? Is it in all the gears? And the chain not of the NW-tooth of the derailleur wheels?

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
And all the alignments and chain gap is set correct? Is it in all the gears? And the chain not of the NW-tooth of the derailleur wheels?[/Quote]
Yes. Everything is set correctly, checked it multiple times, gears work perfect as well.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
Mateo-DH wrote:
And all the alignments and chain gap is set correct? Is it in all the gears? And the chain not of the NW-tooth of the derailleur wheels?[
Yes. Everything is set correctly, checked it multiple times, gears work perfect as well.
Then I really have no clue. sorry

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 1:03 Quote
Marasdfg wrote:
I think almost any fender will do. I found a quick release rear fender near local BMX track (probably someone crashed with a walmart bike and the fender got left behind)

Anyway as the fender was nice and big I picked it up and did some cutting so that it could be fitted using the same bolts that were used to mount the stock fender.

rear fender

Thanks for the tip, i went and bought one that looks suitable. Will see if it fits.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014274
Mobile Version of Website