Post your Propain!

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
Yes and the price I just wrote is with taxes.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
AX3L-Sweden wrote:
A new Ekano ordered! Went for the Seb Select+ and air shock and of course BikeYoke, otherwise stock. Also very nice to include the raw alu option, looks alot better than the available colors imho! Scheduled production date in early December, but I think there's a big "but" as to how the availability for the new EP8 motors will be I think.

The only drawback I can see with the Ekano is the 504Wh battery, but I actually believe their claim that they chose it for improved handling and the way it is made for carrying. None of the other batteries are IP-rated and shock-proof, so I will probably buy a spare for all day epics and attach it to the bike somehow. Santa went for the same route with their Heckler.

Anyone else that has ordered one or maybe plan to do so?

The Ekano is to much like an oldschool bike for me to consider it.

I would love this : E-161

Interesting statement! In what aspect is it too much of an oldschool bike? Smile I'm not saying that you're wrong though!

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 0:39 Quote
i already have a tyee for enduro and it is perfect. the thing is i would like to have a park bike to trash and should i get a spindrift with a dual crown to do both or should i get a rage in addition to my tyee?

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
IMHO if you already have Tyee and have room for one more bike, get the Rage.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
Some times ago we where wondering if the Spindrift was dual-crown compatible. I did try that combination on the old model, but it's look like Propain has now formalized the compatibility with those forks !

bigquotesFAQ :
Does the Spindrift have a clearance for DH forks?

Yes, the Spindrift is approved for 200mm DH forks.
Please note the installation height of the suspension fork. You can find this information in the geometry table.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
Spindrift 2021 dedicated thread

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=224427

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 3:12 Quote
Voxran wrote:
Some times ago we where wondering if the Spindrift was dual-crown compatible. I did try that combination on the old model, but it's look like Propain has now formalized the compatibility with those forks !

bigquotesFAQ :
Does the Spindrift have a clearance for DH forks?

Yes, the Spindrift is approved for 200mm DH forks.
Please note the installation height of the suspension fork. You can find this information in the geometry table.

This is the answer for 2021 spindrift,
as for older gens i quote the response i got from propain customer service:

bigquotesOur Spindrift is not allowed to use with an dual crown.

Note that current frame appears to be much heavier.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Can anyone help me deciding on sizing my new bike and witch one to choose?

Was first thinking on the Tyee 2020, but since the new spindrift 2021 came out it´s high on the list.

I have a Kona Process 153, 2014 modell, size L, 27.5 wheels. Used that bike for 4 years no.

Wheels size I’m looking for is 29".
My hight is 179 cm and when i see in the size chart I’m in the middle of M and L on both bikes, but i can’t decide what to choose.

My trails around where i live is steep and have a lot of roots and rocks. I always need to cycle or push bike up the mountain.

Does anyone have any experience on sizing and are roughly the same hight as me?

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
Geir997 wrote:

Was first thinking on the Tyee 2020, but since the new spindrift 2021 came out it´s high on the list.

I have a Kona Process 153, 2014 modell, size L, 27.5 wheels. Used that bike for 4 years no.

My hight is 179 cm and when i see in the size chart I’m in the middle of M and L on both bikes, but i can’t decide what to choose.

My trails around where i live is steep and have a lot of roots and rocks. I always need to cycle or push bike up the mountain.

Your Kona has a 460mm reach and I think a 630 top tube length...I would go for a large Tyee as the reach is 470mm and top tube about 620.
Medium would be playful but I think the shorter top tube, caused by the steeper seat tube angle, would be annoying.

I'm actually an inch shorter than you and have sized up and ordered a large 27.5" Tyee...Propains aren't overly long, but they do have tall seat tube lengths. I have about 40mm of seat post sticking out of my medium Spindrift (which I do find a teeny bit small) so I know I'll be ok on a large.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
Looking for a new bike and keen on the Tyee. Some of the very few reviews I've found mention that its not so supple and get get hung up on square hits.

This new bike I'm looking for would be a long travel, descent oriented bike where I don't care so much about pedal efficiency on the up. I got a 5010 for trail duty.

Can someone give me their thoughts or a mini review? Will go coil on the Tyee probably.

Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 0:35 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
Geir997 wrote:

Your Kona has a 460mm reach and I think a 630 top tube length...I would go for a large Tyee as the reach is 470mm and top tube about 620.
Medium would be playful but I think the shorter top tube, caused by the steeper seat tube angle, would be annoying.

I'm actually an inch shorter than you and have sized up and ordered a large 27.5" Tyee...Propains aren't overly long, but they do have tall seat tube lengths. I have about 40mm of seat post sticking out of my medium Spindrift (which I do find a teeny bit small) so I know I'll be ok on a large.

Thanks for det replay!

The seat tube is high compared to other similar bikes in 29" large. The seat tube on my large Kona 27.5" is 450mm and the Tyee large 29" have 460mm seat tube. My seat post are sticking out 40-50 mm as well.
Hope 10mm longer seat tube on the large 29" Tyee won´t be too high for me. Too bad i can’t try the bike before bying.

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
Question for anyone with an Ekano...

Has anyone blown the Fox DHX2 coil shock up on the Ekano? lol

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Does anyone here knows or have replaced upper shock bushings on a 2018 Rage? Mine are worn out and got some slack so its time for new ones. If anyone knows what dimensions are the right ones that would be helpful !

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
Anyone had issues with carbon rage?? Talking about crash replacement, is it good, fast and does it really cost 500 eur?

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
Going to order a Tyee AL next week.
Will be ordering 29er in L.
I'm 1,82m tall.

Trying to see which seatpost height would be best. The 150mm Fox or the 175mm

Dont want to much of the seat tube showing above the clamp.

Anyone got a similar set to advise?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012037
Mobile Version of Website