Post your Propain!

Author Message
Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Derek6p wrote:
Going to order a Tyee AL next week.
Will be ordering 29er in L.
I'm 1,82m tall.

Trying to see which seatpost height would be best. The 150mm Fox or the 175mm

Dont want to much of the seat tube showing above the clamp.

Anyone got a similar set to advise?

Check the inner leg/seatpost drop chart on Propain's website...it worked out quite accurately on my Spindrift and 160 Bikeyoke dropper.

Obviously seat profile and crank length will have a small effect on this too. Bikeyoke 185mm actually allows a 10mm shorter leg than a 175mm Fox, but I guess it depends on if you want some bling Kashima or not! Big Grin

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
Derek6p wrote:
Trying to see which seatpost height would be best. The 150mm Fox or the 175mm
Dont want to much of the seat tube showing above the clamp.
Anyone got a similar set to advise?

I ordered one (then cancelled for a Spindrift) and went for a 160 Bike Yoke ....but I heard of someone that fit a 180 dropper. It depends on the model.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/bikes/enduro/tyee-cf/
Here there's a table ...they go up to 175 for fox and 185 for bikeyoke.

Im a couple of cm taller than you and I would never go with a 150 again.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Derek6p wrote:
Trying to see which seatpost height would be best. The 150mm Fox or the 175mm
Dont want to much of the seat tube showing above the clamp.
Anyone got a similar set to advise?

I ordered one (then cancelled for a Spindrift) and went for a 160 Bike Yoke ....but I heard of someone that fit a 180 dropper. It depends on the model.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/bikes/enduro/tyee-cf/
Here there's a table ...they go up to 175 for fox and 185 for bikeyoke.

Im a couple of cm taller than you and I would never go with a 150 again.
I manage to have a 180 Oneup on my Tyee CF 29er size L.
You can't fit it all inside the frame. With 1 or 2cm out it's ok.

I'm 1.85m and 91 inside leg, and I have 4 or 5cm out.I maybe could have choose a 210 Oneup Smile

If it can help.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
I ordered my 650b Al Tyee in medium with the Bike Yoke 185. Should fit quite well for my 1,75m and 84 inside leg.

also since nobody cared in the propain subforum I ask here again:
I'm interested in your cable routing. in a german forum I read that the Aluminium Tyee had the problem that the dropper cable was rubbing against the rear end leaving deep marks even after a short time which is easily fixed with a cable tie. have any of you guys had this problem or maybe didn't even notice so far?
another issue were the cable loops under the bottom bracket which get bigger and bigger with time, but also could be fixed with different solutions. would really like a few pictures if somebody has tried to do something.

if someone is interested in the german thread, you can see pictures of rubbing cables and a few bb management solutions here: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/probleme-mit-der-kabelfuehrung-am-tyee-2020.922269/
sorry if this was already asked before!

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 1:08 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
I ordered my 650b Al Tyee in medium with the Bike Yoke 185. Should fit quite well for my 1,75m and 84 inside leg.

also since nobody cared in the propain subforum I ask here again:
I'm interested in your cable routing. in a german forum I read that the Aluminium Tyee had the problem that the dropper cable was rubbing against the rear end leaving deep marks even after a short time which is easily fixed with a cable tie. have any of you guys had this problem or maybe didn't even notice so far?
another issue were the cable loops under the bottom bracket which get bigger and bigger with time, but also could be fixed with different solutions. would really like a few pictures if somebody has tried to do something.

if someone is interested in the german thread, you can see pictures of rubbing cables and a few bb management solutions here: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/probleme-mit-der-kabelfuehrung-am-tyee-2020.922269/
sorry if this was already asked before!
We have 2 AL Tyee's: my girlfriend's had some rubbing on the dropper cable. But you just have to route it tightly around the bb into the downtube protector.

That downtube protector is so tight I cannot image the loops getting looser below the bottombracket.

The plastic spacer between the brake hose and shifter cable is prone to loosing. I fixated it with a ducktape on one side only. So its is still break-away. Some completely ziptie it, but if you get hungup at speed you dont want it to jerk of your brake hose, but just the plastic thingy.

In front of the last clip on the seatstays I have an extra cable tie. Just like 1cm foreward maybe.

The 'silencing' seatstay protection is hard plastic and noisy. Also because it is somewhat loose on the seatstay. I added a 1cm rubber strip on top of it and the zipties holding that also tighten it around the seatstay. Much better.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 3:37 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Thanks for the answer. When did you get your Tyees? I saw I think yesterday a new delivered one and there this plastic thing was attached with zip ties.
The cables were not loose enough to just slip out after a few shock compressions iirc, but over time. In the thread linked are a few pictures of them rubbing against the chain for example. The dropper cable was the only real issue.
But overall I'm not worried about this, I just can't wait for the bike and want to know everything while sitting out????

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
Thanks for the answer. When did you get your Tyees? I saw I think yesterday a new delivered one and there this plastic thing was attached with zip ties.
The cables were not loose enough to just slip out after a few shock compressions iirc, but over time. In the thread linked are a few pictures of them rubbing against the chain for example. The dropper cable was the only real issue.
But overall I'm not worried about this, I just can't wait for the bike and want to know everything while sitting out????

Got them since spring. I am currently on a bike trip. But when I get home I will try to post some details about the zipties and how I made the chainstay much more silent. Probably in the Tyee topic.

Didn't hear people having hoses against the chain. But without the plastic spreader thingy for sure against the side knobs of the tyre.
Kind of depends which way the hose wants to curl locally I guess.

I also have a picture with the bike at full compression. You don't really need an excessive loop of cables around the BB. But i suggest everyone always to check without or airless shock. Same for chainlength: I changed the front chain ring one size down and removed only one link, if I remember correctly.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 9:56 Quote


Got my AL Tyee last thursday. I have to admit that it was worth the wait. All the downhills that felt exciting with my previous ride (Radon ZR Team 8.0) have been completely smoothed out by this beauty. Few Kg:s of penalty if compared to my old bike, but I can melt it off from my waist.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 0:03 Quote
really nice colors....fits the autumn mood :-)


btw, could you check the actual weight or your rig?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 3:15 Quote
fontafox wrote:
really nice colors....fits the autumn mood :-)


btw, could you check the actual weight or your rig?

Thanks! I love the colors too! Quite rainy atm but i've taken every opportunity to take her out to the trails Razz I'll throw the bike on the scale when I get home and report the results!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
Nickke wrote:


Got my AL Tyee last thursday. I have to admit that it was worth the wait. All the downhills that felt exciting with my previous ride (Radon ZR Team 8.0) have been completely smoothed out by this beauty. Few Kg:s of penalty if compared to my old bike, but I can melt it off from my waist.

O that is nice, I would cgoose the same color and build it with simmilar components. But as for now I am still enjoying Tyee 2019

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
Thanks johnyy, from the three color options this was quite easy pick! Have to say though, it doesnt feel quite durable against scratches. I'll throw some 3m erosion tape on it and ride to The sunset..

I did The weighing and result was 16.7kg's. Definately doesnt feel that heavy when riding.

Only mod so far is rimpact inserts in front and rear tyre.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
Any pictures on the spindrift AL on the blue colorway?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
Nickke wrote:
I did The weighing and result was 16.7kg's. Definately doesnt feel that heavy when riding.

wow that sounds heavy, even with a spring shock there. Mine is around 14-14,5kg if I recall correctly.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
johnyyy wrote:
Nickke wrote:
I did The weighing and result was 16.7kg's. Definately doesnt feel that heavy when riding.

wow that sounds heavy, even with a spring shock there. Mine is around 14-14,5kg if I recall correctly.
I did a rather inaccurate weighing once and for mine aluminium L 29-er with Fox and Newman wheels it is around that 16kg mark.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006954
Mobile Version of Website