Post your Propain!

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 5:33 Quote
aljox wrote:
Well spindrift AL is out, but it says that shipping will be in April. Are they serious?

Most probably, yes

Commencals pre orders are going up to september 2021

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 10:16 Quote
I just ordered a Tyee AL 29” - Raw frame
2 days ago ..

Got Mail today that because of extreme demand/material .. they are gonna start PRODUCTION of the frame 30 april ...

That, is , mad, mad, long time!

Anybody here that knows how ”hard” that time spann is?

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
2 days ago ..

Got Mail today that because of extreme demand/material .. they are gonna start PRODUCTION of the frame 30 april ...

Yup...got a 27.5 Raw Tyee AL frame on order from the end of Sept, production date is early Jan.

Gives me time to slowly acquire new parts so the whole bike feels more fresh!! lol

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Wictorcarlsson wrote:

I'm reading in the german forum for around 1,5 months now since I ordered my Tyee and so far the production dates were quite precise with maybe +-1 week if I recall correctly. I also hope things may catch up a bit next year, but so far it seems we just have to play the waiting gameMadder

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
2 days ago ..

Hi
What size ?

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
thegoldsword wrote:
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
2 days ago ..

Hi
What size ?

Large, im about 179-180 cm in lenght!

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 7:26 Quote
I will order size medium (1,72) so i hope they have less orders at medium size and maybe have it earlier

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
2 days ago ..

I ordered AL Tyee 10.7 and planned production date was 9.10. Production started accurately and took about a week, but delivery to Finland was longish and I received the bike at 22.10. But
definately worth The wait!

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 3:09 Quote
Nickke wrote:
Wictorcarlsson wrote:
2 days ago ..

I ordered AL Tyee 10.7 and planned production date was 9.10. Production started accurately and took about a week, but delivery to Finland was longish and I received the bike at 22.10. But
definately worth The wait!

Allright allright!

Thats what im afraid of, the shipping home after the frame is ”Done” !

Im hopping for that ????✌️

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
What's peoples opinion on sizes..?

I cant decide between a large and a medium in 27.5. I'm in-between sizes

I'm 177cm tall, just under 5'10 my inseam is 79cm.

This is my first new bike and I dont want to make the mistake of picking the wrong size.

Is there anyone on here about my height who has a large or medium spindrift..? If so what would you recommend..?

I want the large but afraid it will be to big. Also I'm concerned the medium will be too cramped

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 12:55 Quote
I'm 179cm tall and I'm on large 2019 spindrift. New ones are a wee bit longer in reach, but with steeper seat angle, effective seated position is shorter. I could easily ride bike with 2cm more reach than large Spindrift. No way I'd opt for medium. It will definitely be cramped. Larges are not very big

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 14:23 Quote
Yeh the medium reach is 450 and the Large is 475, both with 50mm stem. Suppose if I got the large I could swap stem to 35 if its a tad too long. I just hope I can get off the back with a dropper post in.
Also I see mediums coming up second hand of all sorts of bikes from people wanting to buy a large

I ride a commencal furious from 2008 at the moment and its crazy small, its a medium but it has a shorter wheelbase than a small spindrift, it feels like a bmx with 180mm travel, so I think anything I get is gonna feel huge

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
Hello guys,

I ordered a TYEE AL 29 last Friday and paid via bank transfer. The order status on the Propain website is "on hold" and they have not sent me a confirmation e-mail other than the one that says "Awaiting for payment". I am starting to feel a bit scared. How much is the usual waiting time until the order is confirmed? Anyone else had the same experience?

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
It will likely remain "on hold" forever...I am currently riding my bike...perfect in everything, BUT the order is still "on hold"

Propain has a terrible website/software management, but all the rest works, so you will get all emails etc.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
Thank you for your answer. Is it normal for them to take this much time to confirm an order though?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007216
Mobile Version of Website