Opinion: Fox Float X v.s. Fox X2

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Opinion: Fox Float X v.s. Fox X2
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
Hey Pinkbike!
I ride Enduro and All Mountain trail and cannot decide which shock to get for my WFO 9 150mm travel bike. I've used a Rockshox Monarch Plus RCT3 for the past year and decided it was time to change things up. Not a fan of coil but also wanted to get more small bump compliance out of a shock. Anyone have a lot of experience with these shocks? I ride some very chunky/fast trail here in northern Colorado and would love some opinions! This shock would be paired with a 2017 Fox 36 160mm.
Thanks all!

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 17:29 Quote
Assuming the X2 fits your frame, I don't see any reason to go with the X over the X2 besides cost. There is a ~80-100g weight penalty on the X2 as well but that is nothing on an enduro bike. The tuneability and performance of the X2 is amazing.

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 18:04 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Assuming the X2 fits your frame, I don't see any reason to go with the X over the X2 besides cost. There is a ~80-100g weight penalty on the X2 as well but that is nothing on an enduro bike. The tuneability and performance of the X2 is amazing.

Yes, I have both shocks in the right shock size lined up to buy I'm just trying to decide which one. I've rode a Cane Creek DB inline before and liked it a lot so I'm assuming they are similar shocks since they are the same style with high tenability etc.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
Have you look into the 2018 Fox Float DPX2? This shock replaces the float x. I have an order in for 1 of this shock for my ibis mojo 3.

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 19:32 Quote
ckspeed wrote:
Have you look into the 2018 Fox Float DPX2? This shock replaces the float x. I have an order in for 1 of this shock for my ibis mojo 3.

Yes i have but that's what I've been struggling over is that I don't see going back to the regular piggy back type of shock as solving my problem. I really want more small bump compliance and be able to take the big hits as we can fly down the trails here but there are major tech sections.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 15:56 Quote
cygoesmtb wrote:
ckspeed wrote:

Yes i have but that's what I've been struggling over is that I don't see going back to the regular piggy back type of shock as solving my problem. I really want more small bump compliance and be able to take the big hits as we can fly down the trails here but there are major tech sections.

X2 no question if you are ok with the price/tiny weight penalty.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009889
Mobile Version of Website