DH/dj Freeride Bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
DH/dj Freeride Bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 16:56 Quote
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, this is my first thread.

I have finally decided to get park bike, instead of using my trail bike (a ghost sl amr 5, 130mm fs). I would like to do dirt jumps, small slopestyle trails at the many jump parks we have in Colorado, and some light DH at trestle/keystone on the weekends. The main reason for this is that I don't want to break my trail bike, especially as i use to race xc for school. Would a smaller freeride bike, such as a transition bottle rocket work for this? I don't have a huge budget, being in high school, so a new bike is quite a bit out of my price range. Being a strictly park bike, it doesn't need to climb at all. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 19:46 Quote
Instead of spending money you dont have on a second bike, just put it to the side and use your trail bike and put that money towards repairs if needed. A slopestyle/jumps bike will be no good for any DH. You would be best with a good all rounder. Possibly (if you can find one) a 26" all mountain bike. Maybe a commencal meta v3 and go for a slightly smaller size to make it more maneuverable on the DJ/slopestyle stuff.

If you have the balls any bike can be a slopestyle bike...

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
SpaceN3rd wrote:
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, this is my first thread.

I have finally decided to get park bike, instead of using my trail bike (a ghost sl amr 5, 130mm fs). I would like to do dirt jumps, small slopestyle trails at the many jump parks we have in Colorado, and some light DH at trestle/keystone on the weekends. The main reason for this is that I don't want to break my trail bike, especially as i use to race xc for school. Would a smaller freeride bike, such as a transition bottle rocket work for this? I don't have a huge budget, being in high school, so a new bike is quite a bit out of my price range. Being a strictly park bike, it doesn't need to climb at all. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

keystone will eat you on a small slopestyle bike. trestle would be doable (in fact you see slope bikes up there once in a while) but it will limit the trails to the super smooth stuff. and even rainmaker develops some pretty nasty brake bumps. (i ride all the trails and jump spots you refer to.

you can get good deals on modern all mountain bikes and they actually handle the slope courses at ruby hill and valmont quite well. bottle rockets are sweet and all but people ask for absurd amounts of money for the frames since they are a cult classic, so you would get a better deal looking elsewhere.

maybe just beef up the part spec on your current bike and track down a cheap used dj for the steeper jumps.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009028
Mobile Version of Website