sb5.5 frame protector reasons not to put over graphics

PB Forum :: Yeti
sb5.5 frame protector reasons not to put over graphics
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
Anyone one else have problems removing frame protector and it peels off the graphics on sb5.5. Figured it's probably why the yeti frame protector doesn't try and protect any of painted parts because they know the paint will have a good chance of peeling off. I did notice all it takes is a little scratching with you fingernail and the graphics come right off. So much for trying to keep bike looking nice just going to get some cheap made in China stickers to put where it use to say yeti. If I would have known I would have spent more time making sure my frame protector had no bubbles the first time instead of rushing to get my first ride in always figured I could go back and spend more time later redoing it. I guess not.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 9:52 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14981967/

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 5:44 Quote
i have an sb6 and the invisiframe is lifting the logos off mine as well..

TBH the paint finish on yeti's is horrific. you just need to look at it and the paint falls off.. i would speak to the distributor and see if they will replace it..

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 12:02 Quote
Same here. Graphics lifted off the first week. Yeti was going to warranty it and has recently recanted their decision.
This will be my last Yeti. If Yeti doesn't can't stand by their original word and support their "Tribe", I will find another company that will. Shame as I really like the bike.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 10:50 Quote
Not saying the paint might not be super strong on Yeti's, but I've been using trimbrite clear autobody guard for years now, which is much thicker than most bike protectant tape out there, and have never had an issue with paint peeling on either of our two '16 or '17 model year bikes. Even after multiple changes to keep things looking good. Proper temperature during application and removal is also key.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 11:11 Quote
I would say it's their new production standards...

I've taken the invisiframe off my 2014 SB5 and my 2015 SB6 at least 2 times on each, no paint/logo got affected.

I'd say it goes in hand with the Bling-orientated compagny Yeti seems to be becoming (jmho).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my SB5 and I like my SB6, but I'm very not impressed with Yeti's direction since mid-16.

2018 will be the year I'll buy another brand, after 5 Yetis in a row...

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 8:29 Quote
I’ve just removed all the Invisifram from my 2018 5.5 with a heat gun .
Absolutely no problems

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010545
Mobile Version of Website