2016 Fox 36 FIT4 not extending fully

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2016 Fox 36 FIT4 not extending fully
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
Hi, I have a Fox 2016 Fox 36 FIT4 (160mm).
I have it at 76 psi which gives the correct sag for my weight.
The fork only extends to about 150mm after compression. If I hold down the wheel and pull up on the bars, I can expose the last 10mm of the fork.
Also, I if let some air out of the fork (e.g. go from 76 psi to 66psi), the fork drops a further 10-15mm into the travel.
If I add air to the fork, I can see it extending.

I have tried a few times to equalize the negative spring by letting all the air out, cycling the fork and pulling it back up.
This works momentarily, but after a ride it has returned to the way it was.

Any suggestions?
I talked to a mechanic about it and he didn't seem to know what was wrong.
The bike feels fine to ride BTW, I'm just a bit paranoid that there is a fault somewhere.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 4:15 Quote
Did you ever find a solution to this? I just put my 2015 Fox 32 onto my 10yo's bike and have the same problem. At the 45psi, that he needs it won't equalize the negative spring and extend to full travel. I can't even hold down the wheel and get it. Its dropped from 150 to probably 130

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
I replaced an air spring in my lyriks and when I tightened the foot nuts, I was following a guide on YouTube that said this should be done with the fork compressed. When I pumped the fork up the same happened I’d only get 90-95% travel.

I followed the rock show guide and that didn’t say anything about what travel the fork should be when tightening the foot nuts. I did it at full travel and I have full travel available again.

I’m presuming the lowers especially became a negative spring when tightened fully compressed? But I was warned by a colleague that if fully expressed and tightened it could blow the wiper seals out if they wherent installed correctly. Not sure what the official line is in regards to what position to tighten the foot nuts.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007018
Mobile Version of Website