Good option for trail riding and dirt jumping?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Good option for trail riding and dirt jumping?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 17:30 Quote
Hey pinkbike

Been riding hard tail dirt jump bikes for a couple years now, and now im wanting to get on the trail a bit more and really want to ride whistlers downhill. I want to be able to hit dirt jumps about half the time still. Im looking for a style of bike that would be good for a little bit of everything as buying multiple bikes isn't an option for me. I feel like a slopestyle bike would be a good option but not sure as I've never had the chance to try one out. Any help much appreciated!

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 18:10 Quote
B1G3N wrote:
Hey pinkbike

Been riding hard tail dirt jump bikes for a couple years now, and now im wanting to get on the trail a bit more and really want to ride whistlers downhill. I want to be able to hit dirt jumps about half the time still. Im looking for a style of bike that would be good for a little bit of everything as buying multiple bikes isn't an option for me. I feel like a slopestyle bike would be a good option but not sure as I've never had the chance to try one out. Any help much appreciated!

That's going to depend on your budget. I was in a similar boat and ended up going with a Transition Bottlerocket after reading many, many people say it's one of the best "do everything bikes" around. It's a few years old now, but still extremely capable. I've road mine on mellow stuff, through rock gardens, dirt jumps, you name it. That bike will do anything you want it to.

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 18:32 Quote
Yeah I've been looking at the transition double and triple, very nice bikes. My budget is around $2000cdn and would rather buy used to get more for my money

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 20:09 Quote
Maybe a 27.5 AM hardtail would be a good fit for you. I just got a Vitus Sentier VRX and I have been loving it so far. It hits jumps pretty well and is a beast on the trail. Haven't really pushed it much on the downhills but it is probably more the rider than the bike for that sort of stuff

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 15:55 Quote
a slopestyle bike, semenuk and logan peat have videos of themselves riding down trails on these bikes, yet they are still flickable on the dirts

a stitched 720 is prob ur best bet, but as far as I know they are sold out, the next affordable option is perhaps a polygon trid zz? it has good parts aside from the wheels and cranks, or an used one 4x bike

check semenuk's raw 100 vids or the dirtwaves vid from logan peat, you'll see what I mean, slope bikes are very capable

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007955
Mobile Version of Website