OSM Updates to TF map

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
OSM Updates to TF map
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 2:18 Quote
I made some changes to OSM mapping in Oman last week to add in some new roads and fix a strange map for a wadi road. How long do these changes typically take to be reflected in the TF map, and therefore the route planner?

Trailforks is great, and as we are developing trails here in Oman, I'm trying to get people used to using it to plan rides.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
In theory we do a weekly import of the OSM changeset data. But then our basemap is cached on multiple levels and we'e been having some issues with expiring the cache in areas properly. So it could take much longer. I hope we can get this more ironed out and have predictable update timelines.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 22:38 Quote
Hi, there's still no update, and I was hoping to use the map for a race I have organised. Obviously, this is a free (and great) service so if this is not possible then it is no drama, but I was wondering if there's any way to push the cache update?
Missing road bits are circled:

Missing OSM roads

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 22:03 Quote
Any update on this? I'm trying to push people towards Trailforks here, and am trying to also advertise some race routes on it, but they will use the wadi roads that are more suitible to OSM than trailforks.

I would also use it to give people directions to the trailheads, but until the updated OSM data shows up there are big gaps!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
I'm been bugging our backend GIS guy to get on this, he's only part-time. It's been delayed because we're in the middle of upgrading a bunch of the backend servers to new OS, some new hardware and all new versions of Postgres, Postgis. That should all be done this week, so that clears the way for getting the OSM update pipeline working again and fully automated.

But bug us again if its not fixed by this time next month Razz

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 22:19 Quote
Bugging you again as requested!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015368
Mobile Version of Website