Dj rigid fork size?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dj rigid fork size?
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
How is everybody measuring the axle to crown? Center of the axle to the bottom of the crown or to where the headset race sits?
Been at this a long time but never came across this issue

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
OldDirt wrote:
How is everybody measuring the axle to crown? Center of the axle to the bottom of the crown or to where the headset race sits?
Been at this a long time but never came across this issue

Correct: axle center to lower bearing race.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
Current NS Holy toy, 24” wheels on a 26 frame running a 435mm fork and a few Deity bits. Love this bike
Few more new bits for the old 24 NS Holy. Love this bike

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 11:01 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Current NS Holy toy, 24” wheels on a 26 frame running a 435mm fork and a few Deity bits. Love this bike

Damnnnn! What a badass looking build! Super clean. Thanks for representing and running the kit!

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 11:19 Quote
[Quote="deityusa"]
bikebike69 wrote:

Damnnnn! What a badass looking build! Super clean. Thanks for representing and running the kit!

Always. Most all my rigs run DEITY, LOVE YOU GUYS!

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 10:06 Quote
[Quote="bikebike69"]Updated list on rigid forks. If anyone has more please addtup

Thanks for the list brother guys like you are why and how I got my old dj ripping again. Late last winter I found some identiti XL forks.

what's your opinion on jumping big on them I've heard people shit on the XLs but never heard of them breaking. I think I'm more scared of my frame breaking I've heard of them breaking but never seen it either just seen old comments on reviews that some people broke them 2008 norco 250 chomoly she never failed me but I never wen big big on rigid. Could be user error on their part loose head sets and such many people break stuff riding un tuned bikes. Or just rough riders

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
hi there, i see you are from the US, do you know of any "trusted" website from where i could get a used Indentiti Rebate ?
new they are pretty expensive Blank Stare

will try searching on this forum, of course Big Grin [/Quote]

I got some new on ebay this past fall for 200$ Canadian good deal imo they came from Italy ebay just changed and has fees and stuff now but still worth it often. In my searches many came up in UK and Europe I even seen a couple used ones that looked good in England that was in the fall tho.

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
[Quote="mikeylikebikey"]
bikebike69 wrote:
Updated list on rigid forks. If anyone has more please addtup

Thanks for the list brother guys like you are why and how I got my old dj ripping again. Late last winter I found some identiti XL forks.

Right on bro, glad to share any info I can to help guys run rigid. I really do feel like it helps build a smoother rider/jumper.
As far as you question, I guess “big jumps” are a relative term. Im 210lbs and only ride jump parks, no street stuff. And I e literally never had any issues running rigid forks….especially Identiti. They’re probably the strongest/stiffest forks I’ve ever run. That being said I’m also a fan of S&M Pitchforks, I love that they put a brace inside the steerer tube. I have literally never seen a bent/broken Identiti.
Please….keep in mind I’m an older guy 53, probably not going as “big” as most of you. Our local spots biggest kickers are only 6ft tall.
Fun times at Sapwi Bikepark. Thanks to potatogrande for always getting great pics you re the man.
As far as a good source, eBay has never let me down.

Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 21:26 Quote
[Quote="bikebike69"][Quote="mikeylikebikey"][Quote="bikebike69"]Updated list on rigid forks. If anyone has more please addtup

Right on bro, glad to share any info

Thanks man thats what I like to here I am a smoother rider coming from bmx pretty heavy in my teens and still shred quite well on the 20in ive got some identiti xl will probably buy more instead of other options im still worried about my frame but it is chromoly and ill just try not to get too wild lol This might sound silly but what do you think about surly forks I been considering them for a tough offset bmx cruiser builds but I have a feeling for the most part maybe just xl identiti forks are the way to roll. Also what are some of your favorite picks for the higher rise handle pars in the dj world I see you got some pretty high one I feel I need some asap being taller and all. Thanks alot man Your important to the dj scene having knowledge like this and such.

Posted: Oct 9, 2022 at 0:01 Quote
Personally I’d stay away from the Surly forks for DJ/BMX use. The dropouts are tiny, legs are very tapered and thin, the rake of the legs from steerer isn’t very case friendly! Plus the few I’ve held in my own hands were very light and just not anything I’d ever build for actual jumping duty.
As far as bars go, Deity, Pro Taper, Atomlab, Spank are all great 3” bars I’ve used myself and never had any issues with…even after a crash. Modern alloy bars are more than up for the task on rigid builds for DJ. I can’t actually speak for heavy street/park use since that’s not really my thing, but there’s tons of guys in the Europe scene shredding pretty heavy street riding on alloy bars. There’s still something to be said for steel bars for more abusive street riding, although fewer choices.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015367
Mobile Version of Website